Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama

+12
spangler
Eric Air Emu
Brass Monkey
Paul Keating
Merlin
JGK
PlanetPakistan
Bradman
LeFromage
furriner
Basil
Henry
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama

Post by Bradman Tue 21 Oct 2008, 05:21

I wouldn't mind a bet on Obama's electoral college majority.

Paddy Power is already paying out on an Obama win, so the margin is the only thing worth looking at Dello.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama

Post by Guest Tue 21 Oct 2008, 17:02

I can't believe that negative campaigning to the extent that the Republicans take it to is even allowed. Colin Powell was spot on, it is very worrying when a potential leader of America resorts to calling his opposition a "Muslim", implying some sort of negative connotation to this.
Like it or not, a lot of Americans will hang on the every word of the Republican party and what they have done would probably be regarded as inciting racial hatred were they to do it in England.

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 21 Oct 2008, 21:53

Dello wrote:Polls are coming in. Negative campaigning works. Fact.

McCain to win. You heard it here.
There is certainly a fair chance.
Florida is once again the key here and i get the impression that it is going to be 2000 all over again. OH and NC can also go McCain's way.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Wed 22 Oct 2008, 14:56

Who cares? It will always be a wonder how an idiot of such huge proportion could have been elected twice. They couldn't possibly do worse. Or maybe they could if Palin gets in. From the little I've heard and seen, that's a bit scary.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Thu 23 Oct 2008, 01:46

Why worry, Obama has got this sewn up. McCain just looks like a Thunderbird puppet
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Thu 23 Oct 2008, 18:01

According to some of today's papers, if Obama wins - Oprah Winfrey is in the frame to be US Ambassador to the UK. Personally, I think it's bollocks, but I think we should be prepared to retalliate and send them Julian Clary as our Ambassador.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sat 25 Oct 2008, 06:56

FFS how dodgy is this!

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/24/voting.problems/index.html

"In West Virginia's Jackson County, there were some reports that voting machines were accidentally recording the wrong vote.

"I went in there and pushed the Democrat ticket, and it jumped to the Republican ticket for president of the United States," said Calvin Thomas, an 81-year-old West Virginian. iReport: Tell us about your early voting experience

Thomas has voted in West Virginia in every election since Harry Truman defeated Thomas Dewey in 1948.

The same thing happened to his daughter, Micki Clendenin, when she cast her ballot. In both cases, poll workers at the site had them touch the screen a few more times, and the voting machine changed their ballot to their candidate choice.

"The lady came in, and she was -- very nicely, she just said, 'it's just been doing that.' She said, 'just hit it again.' So we hit it again, and this time it did go to Obama," Clendenin said."

That is f*cking dodgy as......
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sat 25 Oct 2008, 06:59

Well the US is the best democracy money can buy.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sat 25 Oct 2008, 07:22

voting by touch screen should surely not be allowed. It must be extremely prone to tampering.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sat 25 Oct 2008, 09:00

Yep . . .you should have to carve an O or Mc into your face . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sat 25 Oct 2008, 14:11

No doubt they'd ask them if they want to supersize.....

I'll get me coat.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Sun 26 Oct 2008, 19:20

police have arrested a 20 yr old student (Mccain supporter) who claimed she was assaulted by a big black man in a ATM who took $60, abused her for supporting mccain and used a knife to carve a B on her cheek saying he'd make a (B)arak supporter of her yet.

designed to push all the reqd buttons among whites. Mccain and Palin even spoke to her to offer support and their campaign machinery started using it.

but the story fell apart when the ATM camera did not show any attack and the B turned out to be self inflicted looking a mirror - the dumb goose wrote it backward.

police are said to be pretty furious about this case given the danger of igniting a racial issue.

I think Mccain is not going anywhere, we can prepare for El Presidante Barak Obama.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Oct 2008, 20:45

Something I have never done with my leanings toward political parties is to simply stick to a specific party. In my life I've supported the Lib Dems, Labour and the Conservatives.

I honestly cannot comprehend how someone can support a party so much to the extent that they would carve their face in order for their party to gain some support. Additionally it always seems to be Republicans doing ****** crazy things. Like I say I don't like to rigidly support an individual party but in America it just seems like there is only one remotely sane option. Go to any youtube clip and you'll find that 90% of the Republicans that post comments are utterly nuts, whereas most Democrats (not all mind) tend to be the most sensible.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 26 Oct 2008, 21:06

Still say I'll only believe an Obama win when it happens.

There seems to be a freakish chunk of the USA that are brand loyalists over and above any kind of rational, reasoned thinking - fundamentalists, if you will - and they're not going go down without a fight. Whether it's in their country's interests or not doesn't seem to be a pressing concern for them. The retention (or theft in 2000) of power is all.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GordoninPortsmouth Tue 28 Oct 2008, 17:43

The electoral college maths show that Obama only needs to win VA, IA and PA (plus win all the states John Kerry won - which he is almost certain to do) to obtain the narrowest of victories.

The latest polls show he is 8 points up in VA and IA (where he has been in front ever since the Primaries in January) and 10 points up in PA.

Its also worth noting that Obama leads in the polls in OH, CO, and NM by around 5 points...And is narrowly ahead or tied in NV, FL, MO, NC and IN...Even supposed Republican strongholds such as ND, MT, GA and McCains own AZ would seem to be a possibility to flick to the Dems.

A win for Obama would seem incredibly likely. Only the margin of victory seems up for debate.

GordoninPortsmouth

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 30 Oct 2008, 15:34

The Obama campaign flexed its financial muscle last night by releasing a 30 minute commercial (It's almost a documentary) aired during primetime about the struggles of American middle class families in 2008 America, and how he as President will fix their problems. It was very well done, and it pushed all the right buttons. A bit cheesy at times, but the dramatic effect was increased when they crossed from the commercial to a live Obama rally in Florida where he spoke in front of 50,000 people in a basketball stadium.

Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2