Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section?

+16
Paul Keating
spangler
Basil
doremi
tac
eowyn
PlanetPakistan
taipan
furriner
LeFromage
DJ_Smerk
PeterCS
skully
JKLever
lardbucket
Zat
20 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Should FB commemorate Forum Gold with a special forum section?

Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 3 Vote_lcap48%Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 12 ]
Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 5 ]
Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 3 Vote_lcap28%Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 25

Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section?

Post by LeFromage Sat 10 Jan 2009, 21:53

skully wrote:
Dello wrote:
doremi wrote:Which one is the 'Oranges and Bananas' thread? That made me laugh, though can't remember if it deserved 'Gold' status.

Pretty sure it's the American Election thread.
Well fark that then. And also any thread that Bucky posts in.

And that's the trouble with this whole idea: there's some sweet, sweet gold out there, but only in tiny nuggets, hidden away inside big, sprawling threads of dribble.

Whole threads of gold? Not in my lifetime.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section?

Post by Paul Keating Sat 10 Jan 2009, 23:39

What about an option to rate a post out of five stars?

If there is a significant number, then that post can go to a gold section?
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 3 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 10 Jan 2009, 23:44

Paul Keating wrote:What about an option to rate a post out of five stars?

I think that's one of the new toys forumotion have been threatening to let Dello play with.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Jan 2009, 23:44

PeterCS wrote:And and and ... if people submit a post they think is immortal, there should be a system installed on FB to forcibly instant-message all FBers to come in and vote immediately if it is truly to be immortal or not ...
And, it doesn't matter where you are at the time, or what you're doing, you have to immediately rush to the nearest phone box, or modern equivalent, (remember I live in Cronwall) and cast your vote.

Perhaps there should be an elite panel of judges. One would have to be a woman, a person of colour, etc

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 10 Jan 2009, 23:51

I am not convined of the merit of this 'trophy room' / pool room / whatever thingy at all, but if it is to occur, I think there should be a long gap (maybe 6 months, maybe 12) between the nominated thread's start and its nomination. This might avoid clogging up the section with fashionably funny but ultimately fairly crap threads; it also means someone has to go to the effort of finding them 6-12 months later, which means that they have to be worth it.

It's not as though anyone is going to forget 'Flintoff better than Jesus', 'Steve Bucknor ate my hamster', or that thread that degeratedd into the Millenial debate.

IMO.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sun 11 Jan 2009, 00:44

Gold sage word.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 11 Jan 2009, 00:46

Single post might look weird stuffed into a display case all on it's own, bereft of context.

But other forums have had an "approve/disapprove" button which attaches itself to every post, so I'd give it a whirl if the option ever becomes available here.

Whether it will or not is a matter for Le Fromages.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jan 2009, 02:11

Rubbish idea. My opinion on this has nothing to do with numerous embarassing drunken posts I have made. Nothing at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Sun 11 Jan 2009, 03:01

Dello wrote:

Single post might look weird stuffed into a display case all on it's own, bereft of context.

But other forums have had an "approve/disapprove" button which attaches itself to every post, so I'd give it a whirl if the option ever becomes available here.

Whether it will or not is a matter for Le Fromages.

Totally agree, JD.

However, this is one beauty that I saved from the last Ashes series. It is Tom Pagan at his best. This needs no background or context!

We're letting the Aussies get away with it a bit here...not on the cricketfield - that's all done and dusted and we're only viewing portracted rigormortis. But in general- they're still Aussies. Their team are still a bunch ofdownright scary and disturbing fanatical weirdos. They sing a 'patriotic'song after every single test win, the baggy green is treated with the samereference as a holy relic, nicknames are a deadly serious tribal rite ofpasage thing etc. etc. If they didn't have a sporting outlet for theirdangerous levels of testosterone they'd be getting on the jackboots andinvading New Zealand. FACT. Let's look at the team- Hayden- the double Y chromosome missing link schoolbully who never grew up, Langer - thinks he's actually fighting a war,Ponting need I say more, Clarke- weird arian puppy with a diamond stud inhis ear, Symonds- pig shooting hick, belongs in a horror film, Gilchrist-appauling hypocrite who walks for nicks but has no qualms about cheatingother batsmen of their wicket with endless spurious appeals behind thewicket and we haven't even started on the two described as the 'Great Men'.Totally conceited and arrogant so and so's- both overdo it with theverbals, one probably needs castrating and the other's a redneck. 'GreatMen'? Check out Ghandi or Nelson Mandella. Your boys are the great trailertrash. KP aside, England are to a man regular, fairly well-balanced, asprofessional sportsmen go, human beings. You can beat our team 5-0 everyseries for the next 100 years but we'll always be the 'real' winners. I'd sing a patriotic song now but I'm not incurably vulgar enough.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Sun 11 Jan 2009, 03:04

By denying people a chance to post, even if it is complete carp, is denying the priveledge and obligation of "Freedom of Speech".

I bet you two guinees and a pot of Mrs Miggins best earl greyt that people will post less, especially part-timers if their posts are taken off for no reason.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Sun 11 Jan 2009, 03:05

Who said anything about deleting posts, SMerky?
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Sun 11 Jan 2009, 03:07

Oh...I thought you meant about "Approve/Dissapprove" that you'd let people vote whether or not a post or thread was good enough to be put up.

I've got the end and the stick, all wronged up!
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Sun 11 Jan 2009, 03:10

Smerky,

I was thinking along of the lines of this.

In the Index section, we have various forums, Cricket, I was there, IPL, Football etc.

I think we should just add a GOLD section forum in the index.

And certain posts/threads from other forums that are considered genius can be added to the GOLD forum, whilst at the same time, concurrently sitting in its original forum ie. cricket, IPL etc
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Sun 11 Jan 2009, 03:13

Paul Keating wrote:Smerky,

In the Index section, we have various forums, Cricket, I was there, IPL, Football etc.

And certain posts/threads from other forums that are considered genius can be added to the GOLD forum, whilst at the same time, concurrently sitting in its original forum ie. cricket, IPL etc

Thanks for clearing that up for me PK. That is a good idea. Just gotta wait for it to be forwarded by Dello now.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 11 Jan 2009, 03:43

Paul Keating wrote:Smerky,

Sums up what Zog and I have been bandwagonning nicely thanks Ponts.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 11 Jan 2009, 03:46

Still plenty of room on the bandwagon.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 11 Jan 2009, 03:50

Zat wrote:Still plenty of room on the bandwagon.
Going by the voting, momentum is building.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 11 Jan 2009, 03:51

Although there are one or two anchors there.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 11 Jan 2009, 03:55

Dello should realise it's what the fans want.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 11 Jan 2009, 04:03

Trouble is it's us squnts that are championing the cause.

Mebee JD is squntist.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 11 Jan 2009, 04:13

All hail JD, the most supreme of supreme forum running people.

(Does that sound too suck-uppy?)

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 11 Jan 2009, 04:14

Stop SUUSGDT.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 11 Jan 2009, 04:15

Zat wrote:All hail JD, the most supreme of supreme forum running people.

(Does that sound too suck-uppy?)
Would the Supreme Emporer have him on his Supreme staff?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 11 Jan 2009, 04:20

Is Zog anywhere near Omicron Persei 8. This is what I imagine the Emporer of Zog looks like...

Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 3 039_lrrr
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 11 Jan 2009, 04:22

Skully, Zoggians are far better looking than that.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next