Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section?

+16
Paul Keating
spangler
Basil
doremi
tac
eowyn
PlanetPakistan
taipan
furriner
LeFromage
DJ_Smerk
PeterCS
skully
JKLever
lardbucket
Zat
20 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Should FB commemorate Forum Gold with a special forum section?

Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 4 Vote_lcap48%Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 12 ]
Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 5 ]
Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 4 Vote_lcap4%Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 4 Vote_lcap28%Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 25

Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section?

Post by skully Sun 11 Jan 2009, 04:25

Says you. Cool
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section?

Post by Zat Sun 11 Jan 2009, 04:26

Like you'd know.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 11 Jan 2009, 04:30

Funny who you can bump into wandering around Central. I wonder if that was PB I tripped over in the station tunnel?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 11 Jan 2009, 04:37

You mean he wasn't at the Gabba?

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jan 2009, 04:41

Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 11 Jan 2009, 04:42

Very good Clamson. Nice to see the amnesia wasn't permanent.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 11 Jan 2009, 04:47

Zat wrote:You mean he wasn't at the Gabba?
Silly me. The vagrant I stumbled over clearly couldn't have been the Noid.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 11 Jan 2009, 04:48

Avoid the Noid, he steals pizza you know...

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 11 Jan 2009, 04:50

No? Please explain.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 11 Jan 2009, 04:52

Went to google an image/video for further explanation, but found this far more interesting.

Put the following in as a google search term:

marge simpson noid

The first thing that comes up is somewhat surprising.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 11 Jan 2009, 04:57

If you were looking for an image of Nath's Noid, why would you include Marge Simpson in the Google search?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 11 Jan 2009, 04:59

Wasn't looking for an image of Nath's noid, I was looking for the bit at the Springfield thanksgiving parade, where Marge says something along those lines.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Sun 11 Jan 2009, 05:03

G Wood is the Noid?
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 11 Jan 2009, 05:06

Well, he doesn't have a sex life, so therefore would be unable to prove the saying 'Sex is like pizza. When it's good, it's good, when it's bad, it's still pretty good.'

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Sun 11 Jan 2009, 05:07

Bump.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 11 Jan 2009, 05:56

DJ_Smerk wrote:G Wood is the Noid?
Nath was the first to post the "Avoid the Noid" image in relation to Para Batsman's MB endowed "Noid" nicky. Woody then adopted the image as his avatar.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Sun 11 Jan 2009, 08:11

Some things are best remembered in a golden haze.

Knowing you where there and sharing the memories is usually so much better than going back and things not quite living up to the expectations you have. The sky is never quite so blue, the water never quite so clear and laughter never quite so free and uninhibited.
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by freddled gruntbuggly Sun 11 Jan 2009, 10:07

skully wrote:Is Zog anywhere near Omicron Persei 8. This is what I imagine the Emporer of Zog looks like...

Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 4 039_lrrr
Flattering portrait of you there, Zat. Hope you paid the artist well (ie: let him leave Zog with his balls still attached).
freddled gruntbuggly
freddled gruntbuggly

Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 4 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2959
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 11 Jan 2009, 10:18

Howdy tails. Been trekking?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 11 Jan 2009, 10:36

freddled gruntbuggly wrote:
skully wrote:Is Zog anywhere near Omicron Persei 8. This is what I imagine the Emporer of Zog looks like...

Should we have a 'Forum Gold' sub section? - Page 4 039_lrrr
Flattering portrait of you there, Zat. Hope you paid the artist well (ie: let him leave Zog with his balls still attached).
His balls were still attached.

As earrings.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by freddled gruntbuggly Sun 11 Jan 2009, 10:38

Wouldn't they have looked better on the Lady Empress?
freddled gruntbuggly
freddled gruntbuggly

Back to top Go down

Post by freddled gruntbuggly Sun 11 Jan 2009, 10:40

skully wrote:Howdy tails. Been trekking?
Aye, skully. Been grouse.
Fortunately the kids are all away at various school camps, so I get a bit of forum and TV time. Feels weird.

You still on holidays, or back at the grind?
freddled gruntbuggly
freddled gruntbuggly

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 11 Jan 2009, 12:05

Back to the grind tomorrow, unfortch. Ugh, not looking forward to it.

You?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sun 11 Jan 2009, 16:55

eowyn wrote:Some things are best remembered in a golden haze.

Knowing you where there and sharing the memories is usually so much better than going back and things not quite living up to the expectations you have. The sky is never quite so blue, the water never quite so clear and laughter never quite so free and uninhibited.

Forum Lyrical Gold.

"Olden days

In a golden haze

Days of mad romance and love .....................

For then, Forum Golden youth was mine

Forum Golden truth was mine

Sad am I

Glad am I

For todaaaaaaaay I'm dreaming of

Yesterdays

Yesterdays ........................."
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Mon 12 Jan 2009, 16:06

Paul Keating wrote:
Dello wrote:
Paul Keating wrote:What about an option to rate a post out of five stars?

If there is a significant number, then that post can go to a gold section?

Single post might look weird stuffed into a display case all on it's own, bereft of context.

But other forums have had an "approve/disapprove" button which attaches itself to every post, so I'd give it a whirl if the option ever becomes available here.

Whether it will or not is a matter for Le Fromages.

Totally agree, JD.

However, this is one beauty that I saved from the last Ashes series. It is Tom Pagan at his best. This needs no background or context!

We're letting the Aussies get away with it a bit here...not on the cricketfield - that's all done and dusted and we're only viewing portracted rigormortis. But in general- they're still Aussies. Their team are still a bunch ofdownright scary and disturbing fanatical weirdos. They sing a 'patriotic'song after every single test win, the baggy green is treated with the samereference as a holy relic, nicknames are a deadly serious tribal rite ofpasage thing etc. etc. If they didn't have a sporting outlet for theirdangerous levels of testosterone they'd be getting on the jackboots andinvading New Zealand. FACT. Let's look at the team- Hayden- the double Y chromosome missing link schoolbully who never grew up, Langer - thinks he's actually fighting a war,Ponting need I say more, Clarke- weird arian puppy with a diamond stud inhis ear, Symonds- pig shooting hick, belongs in a horror film, Gilchrist-appauling hypocrite who walks for nicks but has no qualms about cheatingother batsmen of their wicket with endless spurious appeals behind thewicket and we haven't even started on the two described as the 'Great Men'.Totally conceited and arrogant so and so's- both overdo it with theverbals, one probably needs castrating and the other's a redneck. 'GreatMen'? Check out Ghandi or Nelson Mandella. Your boys are the great trailertrash. KP aside, England are to a man regular, fairly well-balanced, asprofessional sportsmen go, human beings. You can beat our team 5-0 everyseries for the next 100 years but we'll always be the 'real' winners. I'd sing a patriotic song now but I'm not incurably vulgar enough.

Laughing Laughing

That is gold.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next