Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'No need for change' - Alastair Cook

+12
Eric Air Emu
Basil
holcs
LeFromage
Chivalry Augustus
beamer
PeterCS
DJ_Smerk
Kevin P is President
embee
Merlin
JKLever
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

'No need for change' - Alastair Cook - Page 2 Empty Re: 'No need for change' - Alastair Cook

Post by eowyn Tue 10 Feb 2009, 20:58

if you all could do it, you would.
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

'No need for change' - Alastair Cook - Page 2 Empty Re: 'No need for change' - Alastair Cook

Post by Merlin Tue 10 Feb 2009, 22:32

eowyn wrote:if you all could do it, you would.

What?

Own a villa in Barbados?
Or dump on ex team mates in public by pushing the knife in deeper when English cricket is at its lowest right now?

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed 11 Feb 2009, 01:44

I think Ange meant Al Einganging.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Wed 11 Feb 2009, 03:23

beamer wrote:
JKLever wrote:You don't have to get on to perform as a side though. Teddy Sheringham & Andy Cole loathed each other but won the treble for Man Utd in 99.

Interesting development though.
I thought of that example myself. If they don't get on then they should have the sense to put it to one side when they get on the cricket field. They don't have to go drinking together, don't even need to speak to each other apart from about cricketing matters relating to the match in progress. But they must realise that they are the senior players, the only two world-class players, and their performances and influence on the younger players will make or break the next few years of English cricket.

Fark, Gilly and Warnie and SRW and Warnie never got on . . . never affected the team . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Wed 11 Feb 2009, 09:05

tac wrote:

Fark, Gilly and Warnie and SRW and Warnie never got on . . . never affected the team . . .

That surprises me!
Didn't they both work closely together on the Galle rebuild charity, post-tsunami?

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 11 Feb 2009, 09:14

beamer wrote:
JKLever wrote:You don't have to get on to perform as a side though. Teddy Sheringham & Andy Cole loathed each other but won the treble for Man Utd in 99.

Interesting development though.
I thought of that example myself. If they don't get on then they should have the sense to put it to one side when they get on the cricket field. They don't have to go drinking together, don't even need to speak to each other apart from about cricketing matters relating to the match in progress. But they must realise that they are the senior players, the only two world-class players, and their performances and influence on the younger players will make or break the next few years of English cricket.

How do we know they don't?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 12 Feb 2009, 00:49

Doesn't just apply to sport. Some of the best performing businesses I've worked for had people who couldn't stand each other outside the office working there. They were professionals and high-performers in the office and got the job done.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Thu 12 Feb 2009, 00:51

Zat wrote:Doesn't just apply to sport. Some of the best performing businesses I've worked for had people who couldn't stand each other outside the office working there. They were professionals and high-performers in the office and got the job done.

Should be the mission statement for every employer.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 12 Feb 2009, 06:41

Basil wrote:
Zat wrote:Doesn't just apply to sport. Some of the best performing businesses I've worked for had people who couldn't stand each other outside the office working there. They were professionals and high-performers in the office and got the job done.

Should be the mission statement for every employerforum.

Fixed
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2