Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The EPL thread (I)

+30
spangler
ojitarian
G.Wood
Paul Keating
taipan
beamer
holcs
doctorspin
Basil
Henry
Steve
ten years after
DJ_Smerk
Gary 111
Brass Monkey
doremi
horace
Chivalry Augustus
Makaveli
Lara Lara Laughs
eowyn
Merlin
PearlJ
Geoffrey Trueman
Eric Air Emu
skully
Ash
JGK
LeFromage
JKLever
34 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The EPL thread (I) - Page 21 Empty Re: The EPL thread (I)

Post by Ash Sun 28 Oct 2007, 18:08

liverpool 1 - arsenal 1

fantastic game.
Ash
Ash

The EPL thread (I) - Page 21 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sun 28 Oct 2007, 18:40

Thought arsenal were never going to score tbh. Probably a fair result

Next weeks a big game for the EPL. If they can despatch United at home i'll start to believe they can win it.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 28 Oct 2007, 19:27

A game which showed why neither will win the Premier League this season.

Liverpool are ordinary, one-dimensional, and their defence looks really dodgy these days as Carragher and Hyypia can't run.

Arsenal are the worst finishers in the world. Their build up play is superb, but the amount of chances they need to create just to score one goal is always going to undermine them in the tight games against the best teams.

Arsenal will go closest to winning the title out of the two, though. And then blaze it over the bar from three yards.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sun 28 Oct 2007, 20:55

Dello wrote:
Arsenal are the worst finishers in the world. Their build up play is superb, but the amount of chances they need to create just to score one goal is always going to undermine them in the tight games against the best teams.

this is true to an extent but weve scored more goals than any other team in the premiership (and the champions lg) with a game in hand so i wouldnt be getting too worried. we create enough chances to get the goals needed. twice we hit the post today and fabregas and bendtner missed an open net - just one of those things. also our main striker is out injured atm. adebayor really is shit though - get da silva in.

what does worry me is the defence - not convincing against set pieces and the cover for gallas/toure isnt upto scratch.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Sun 28 Oct 2007, 21:47

This is the first decent side Arsenal have had to face this season and they struggled to score, Dello was right about the build up and finishing, Arsenal keep banging on about how good footbal they play but Chelsea (yesterday) and Man U over last 5/6 matches have played just as attractive football.

Read somewhere Fabregas said Arsenal were the club version of Brazil Rolling Eyes , well Cesc the last time i checked Brazil win trophies.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sun 28 Oct 2007, 21:59

its not just arsenal fans that talk about the attractive football their side plays but neutrals and pundits too. most neutrals i know prefer to watch arsenal.

did you watch the game today? they bossed liverpool throughout the game, especially the first 30minutes. they made liverpool look like the away side, content on playing on the break. we scored 'only' 1 but hit the post twice and shouldve had a penalty aswell.

last season in the 6 games against the other big 3 teams, we lost only 1 (away to the pool), and effectively topped the mini lg between the "big 4", so this whole thing about us struggling when facing the real test is bollox.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Sun 28 Oct 2007, 22:14

If they bossed the game they should have won, but that has been the story of Arsenal over the last couple of seasons 'almost'.

Unfortunately that won't win you games.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sun 28 Oct 2007, 22:20

a draw at liverpool is hardly a bad result.

unbeaten and top of the league with a game in hand. not complaining.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Sun 28 Oct 2007, 22:23

Not Taking anything away from the Arse they have played out of their skins this season, it's just a question if they can keep it up.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 28 Oct 2007, 23:09

LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Sun 28 Oct 2007, 23:12

I disagree that Man U and Chelsea play just as attractive football. Arsenal were orgasmic today. Almost Barca-esque.

And Adebayor isn't shit. He was playing on his own up front today. Needs Van Persie with him.

The sooner Fabregas gets his stolen ass back to the Nou Camp, the better.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Sun 28 Oct 2007, 23:17

Man U's football is just as good IMO. Plus their defense is much better so I would say they are favourites for the title this season.
PearlJ
PearlJ

The EPL thread (I) - Page 21 ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3599

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 28 Oct 2007, 23:19

PearlJ wrote:Man U's football is just as good IMO. Plus their defense is much better so I would say they are favourites for the title this season.

But, on the flip-side, Arsenal don't have Wes Brown, John O'Shea and Darren Fletcher dragging down their average...
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Sun 28 Oct 2007, 23:24

Dello wrote:
PearlJ wrote:Man U's football is just as good IMO. Plus their defense is much better so I would say they are favourites for the title this season.

But, on the flip-side, Arsenal don't have Wes Brown, John O'Shea and Darren Fletcher dragging down their average...

Still good 2nd team players Dello and btw Wes Brown is under rated he would get into most Prem sides.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 28 Oct 2007, 23:26

Pfft. Wes Brown would struggle to get into the Wes Brown look-a-like XI. He'd be sub.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Sun 28 Oct 2007, 23:29

Dello wrote:Pfft. Wes Brown would struggle to get into the Wes Brown look-a-like XI. He'd be sub.

United won the League, got to the FA cup final and the CL semis with him playing most of last season, so he can't be half bad.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 28 Oct 2007, 23:30

Makaveli wrote:
Dello wrote:Pfft. Wes Brown would struggle to get into the Wes Brown look-a-like XI. He'd be sub.

United won the League, got to the FA cup final and the CL semis with him playing most of last season, so he can't be half bad.

Or - much like when they had Phil Neville - United have shown that they're good at playing with 10 men and a semi-cripple.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Sun 28 Oct 2007, 23:34

Oi! don't diss Phil he's in my FL team.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Sun 28 Oct 2007, 23:36

Dello wrote:

All decent squad players. Arsenal have duds like Senderos, Lehmann, Hoyte and Diarra.
PearlJ
PearlJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Sun 28 Oct 2007, 23:43

PearlJ wrote:
Dello wrote:

All decent squad players. Arsenal have duds like Senderos, Lehmann, Hoyte and Diarra.

Atleast they got rid of Cygan. Laughing
Makaveli
Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Sun 28 Oct 2007, 23:45

Makaveli wrote:
PearlJ wrote:
Dello wrote:

Atleast they got rid of Cygan. Laughing

Thank god. He was an insult to the PL..... he was quite good on Fifa 2004 for some reason though.....
PearlJ
PearlJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 29 Oct 2007, 08:54

Basil wrote:
JKLever wrote:How does someone from Worcester end up a Chelski fan?

My best mate is a Chelsea fan - so I get to see a lot of Chelsea games. It's either that or go and watch Worcester City. I wouldn't wish that on Merlin!

Oh, I don't know B@s ... I'd go along for a laugh and spend the 90 minutes scouring the terraces to figure out which one of the 26 strong crowd was the Stavro Blofeld lookalike.
Presume that'd be you?

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Mon 29 Oct 2007, 16:41

Geoffrey Trueman wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Crappy Lampard runs the show against one of the best defences in the league up until now. Just the 3 assists today was it? What a shit tip he is.

Funny how he comes back and Chelsea start winning again. Lampard bashers truly know nothing about football.

He does well in a good team. But rather like Cantona, he goes missing at the highest level.

I'll admit Chelseas results have improved since Lampards return, but I suspect Chelseas improvement has more to do with the return of the big lad upfront that scores goals and generally wreaks havoc everytime he plays.

Did you even watch the game? Admit it, you didn't did you? Did you see Lampard's pass for Drogba's first goal?

Lampard created 3 goals this week and 2 goals last week. You don't seem to be able to understand that without Lampard, the "big lad upfront" wouldn't be scoring the goals he does. Lampard has played 7 premiership matches this season. IN those games he has 3 goals, 5 assists. Second only to Fabregas (who has 5 goals and 6 assists but has played 3 extra games). And it's not even a rare occurrence. Lampard does it season in, season out. World mother focking class.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2007, 16:44

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:
Geoffrey Trueman wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Crappy Lampard runs the show against one of the best defences in the league up until now. Just the 3 assists today was it? What a shit tip he is.

Funny how he comes back and Chelsea start winning again. Lampard bashers truly know nothing about football.

He does well in a good team. But rather like Cantona, he goes missing at the highest level.

I'll admit Chelseas results have improved since Lampards return, but I suspect Chelseas improvement has more to do with the return of the big lad upfront that scores goals and generally wreaks havoc everytime he plays.

Did you even watch the game? Admit it, you didn't did you? Did you see Lampard's pass for Drogba's first goal?

Lampard created 3 goals this week and 2 goals last week. You don't seem to be able to understand that without Lampard, the "big lad upfront" wouldn't be scoring the goals he does. Lampard has played 7 premiership matches this season. IN those games he has 3 goals, 5 assists. Second only to Fabregas (who has 5 goals and 6 assists but has played 3 extra games). And it's not even a rare occurrence. Lampard does it season in, season out. World mother focking class.
My understanding of the general anti-Lampard mentality that seems to have gripped the nation is that people can see the great performances (world class on occasion) he puts in for Chelsea week in week out and then he plays like a hungover grandad when he puts on an England shirt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Mon 29 Oct 2007, 16:47

vilkrang wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:
Geoffrey Trueman wrote:

My understanding of the general anti-Lampard mentality that seems to have gripped the nation is that people can see the great performances (world class on occasion) he puts in for Chelsea week in week out and then he plays like a hungover grandad when he puts on an England shirt.

That's what everyone is saying, excellent club player but not good enough for international football so he's not world class.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next