Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could be finally time to pack up and find another passion...

+6
embee
LeFromage
JKLever
Chivalry Augustus
Basil
Big_Bad_Bob
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Could be finally time to pack up and find another passion... - Page 2 Empty Re: Could be finally time to pack up and find another passion...

Post by LeFromage Sun 22 Feb 2009, 00:42

lardbucket wrote:
Rob I wrote:
Basil wrote:
Rob I wrote:Why is Flower so bad? It's not his fault that our bowlers are carp.

What's he done for the batsmen?

Strauss - probably nothing - his improvement is down to getting the captaincy back

Is it really just this, though, or has he got his technique back? He seemed to totally lose his ability to drive for a while there.

Got dropped for the Sri Lanka tour. Stayed at home and worked on his game alone, came back with a new approach - to basically crab it out and stop playing shots; whatever it took to churn out a few scores.

Now he's got his feet back under the table, and a few crabbed hundreds under his belt, he seems to be feeling confident enough to bring out the old guns - the cut and the pull - and he's started to look more like his old self again.

I wouldn't say his drive is any better, or any of his technique has been obviously refined, but his faith in it (backed up by runs) seems to have been all but restored.

I think there was a time where he was overly pensive about playing certain strokes, even though they were shots that had in the past brought him loads of runs, because he was going through a rough trot where he was nicking everything.

Confidence is back. Mojo is working again. Simple game really - all in the mind.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Could be finally time to pack up and find another passion... - Page 2 Empty Re: Could be finally time to pack up and find another passion...

Post by LeFromage Sun 22 Feb 2009, 00:46

"Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course, and I forgot how to drive?"
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Feb 2009, 00:52

You could take up a hobby, like this one . . . Too embarrassed (or too cheap) to buy sex toys? This site shows you how, step-by-step, to build them yourself.

Perhaps I shouldn't post the link!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 22 Feb 2009, 07:24

JKLever wrote:
Zat wrote:English cricket in crisis?

Take it as a given until we announce otherwise....
Roger that. Noted.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Feb 2009, 10:06

lardbucket wrote:
Rob I wrote:
Basil wrote:
Rob I wrote:Why is Flower so bad? It's not his fault that our bowlers are carp.

What's he done for the batsmen?

Strauss - probably nothing - his improvement is down to getting the captaincy back

Is it really just this, though, or has he got his technique back? He seemed to totally lose his ability to drive for a while there.

Maybe a confidence thing..... he went into his shell after Tres finished, as if he was quite literally agraid to go forward and started deflecting everything instead. I've seen that before at Middlesex. The dominant opener retires and then the other's technique seems to suffer. Happened to Mickey Roseberry when Desi finished.

Strauss seems to score big when he's skipper - I think he's averaging 60 in that role.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2