Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formula One World Championship

+26
tricycle
Paul Keating
beamer
DJ_Smerk
embee
eowyn
Chivalry Augustus
horace
lardbucket
G.Wood
ever hopeful
Hass
skully
Zat
taipan
Henry
Nath
PeterCS
JKLever
Big_Bad_Bob
LeFromage
Mick Sawyer
Merlin
Bradman
JGK
WideWally
30 posters

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

Formula One World Championship - Page 19 Empty Re: Formula One World Championship

Post by skully Sun 24 Mar 2013, 22:15

Vettel needs a decent kidney punch - to the face. It'd be nice if the Red Bull team kicked his arse, but they won't.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105983
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Formula One World Championship - Page 19 Empty Re: Formula One World Championship

Post by beamer Sun 24 Mar 2013, 22:18

I really wanted to see the Red Bulls take each other out there. Not just because Hamilton was third... more because the season's going to be another Vettel procession if he gets ahead early on.

Today certainly dampened down any talk of Raikkonen being a title contender anyway, Alonso looks like the most likely challenger and may look back on a costly mistake today, in this era of tedious reliability and top ten scoring points you can't afford DNFs on your record.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Mon 25 Mar 2013, 00:54

Vettel's character laid bare - all benefit of the doubt is now gone.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 25 Mar 2013, 04:53

JGK wrote:
G.Wood wrote:Overtook webber after the final tyre change after he was told by the team to back off

Just read about it.

What an utter thunderqunt. And how lame was the "Mark should have won" apology afterwards.

Webber tried to do exactly the same thing a couple of years ago. I think Webber needs to stop sooking and accept he is probably the sixth best driver in F1, rather than some continually hard-done-by nice guy who with a bit more luck could have won a Championship.

He's the Shane Watson of F1.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Mon 25 Mar 2013, 05:01

the difference was that they were still racing when Webber overtook Vettel. They had both been told to ease up and cruise home this time. It was the equivalent of a mankad
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 25 Mar 2013, 05:07

G.Wood wrote:the difference was that they were still racing when Webber overtook Vettel. They had both been told to ease up and cruise home this time. It was the equivalent of a mankad

It was more the equivalent of the famous Dean Jones run out as he left the field when he was bowled by a softly called no ball.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Mon 25 Mar 2013, 05:10

fair call (although everyone was ignorant on that occassion not just the aryan and his sympathiser)
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Mon 25 Mar 2013, 05:31

Henry wrote:
I think Webber needs to stop sooking and accept he is probably the sixth best driver in F1, rather than some continually hard-done-by nice guy who with a bit more luck could have won a Championship.

Care then to explain why Vettel apologised and expressed the view that he'd focked up?
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 25 Mar 2013, 05:38

Because that wouldn't fit into Trev's anti-Australian narrative.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 25 Mar 2013, 05:50

Mick Sawyer wrote:
Henry wrote:
I think Webber needs to stop sooking and accept he is probably the sixth best driver in F1, rather than some continually hard-done-by nice guy who with a bit more luck could have won a Championship.

Care then to explain why Vettel apologised and expressed the view that he'd focked up?

Team orders.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Mon 25 Mar 2013, 06:20

G.Wood wrote:the difference was that they were still racing when Webber overtook Vettel. They had both been told to ease up and cruise home this time. It was the equivalent of a mankad
Captures the problem with F1, no? Stop racing 2/3 way into the second race of the season. Doesn't make Vettel any less of a qunt, that's been clear since that Turkish GP a couple of years ago.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 25 Mar 2013, 06:32

tricycle wrote:
Captures the problem with F1, no? Stop racing 2/3 way into the second race of the season. Doesn't make Vettel any less of a qunt, that's been clear since that Turkish GP a couple of years ago.

If you want to reduce the costs by limiting engines, this sort of thing is entirely understandable early in the season.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Mon 25 Mar 2013, 06:46

Aye, realise that it is a cost cutting issue. But it makes for tedious viewing when team mates are in consecutive spots and maybe it could be done for aerodynamics. Doubt the 90s budgets of teams would be higher than today's, pretty sure but haven't seen any figures, and the rule wasn't in place then.

Not that it matters, Ferrari might stomp their feet threatening to walk out if so.

tricycle

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Mon 25 Mar 2013, 06:59

tricycle wrote:Not that it matters, Ferrari might stomp their feet threatening to walk out if so.
Nothing to do with the fact that it comes from a slacker with nothing good to think about at noon.

tricycle

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Mon 25 Mar 2013, 21:09

Even the German media has called Sebbie a dirtbag. It appears that, much like his views on race, Trev is out of step with the rest of the planet.
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 25 Mar 2013, 21:12

Vettel's a qunt. Webber's been told to conserve his engine and tires and so slows down ... Vettel does not comply with team orders, and risks both cars to make a dangerous passing move.

Somewhere along the way he'll get his dues. Karma, etc.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 25 Mar 2013, 22:45

It'd be nice to see his team pay him a lesson next race (accidentally not do a wheel nut up properly, iron filings in the fuel), but they won't.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by baggygreen Tue 26 Mar 2013, 02:12

Difference between the two is when Webber was told years before not to pass, he listened to team orders.
baggygreen
baggygreen

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2012-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 26 Mar 2013, 02:15

From Vettel's post race reaction, i think team management tore him a new arsehole behind closed doors. But that will be the end of it. He's an arrogant little qunt who only thinks of himself.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Tue 26 Mar 2013, 03:36

baggygreen wrote:Difference between the two is when Webber was told years before not to pass, he listened to team orders.
For all his quntishness, Vettel was always the goods. It was apparent since his BMW test driving days and evident when he won that wet Italian GP at Torro Rosso. The difference between him and Webber is more than just team orders and really only in 2010 was Webber denied because of tactics.

Not belittling Webber, definitely him over Vettel any day, but the latter was always going to be a star.

tricycle

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 26 Mar 2013, 03:40

skully wrote:From Vettel's post race reaction, i think team management tore him a new arsehole behind closed doors. But that will be the end of it. He's an arrogant little qunt who only thinks of himself.

Bernie has the solution:

Recalling a similar problem he encountered while at Brabham, the team he owned for 16 years from 1971, Ecclestone explained: "I had one driver challenging for the world championship – I'm not going to say who it was – and the other guy that weekend happened to be bloody quick. I said to him, 'Whatever you do, you ought to take it easy and let the other guy pass you'. He said, 'I wouldn't do that'. So I replied, 'Well, you can stand up in the seat of the car and wave him past, so the whole world can see this if you want'. But he insisted, 'I'm not going to do it'. So we just made sure he didn't have enough fuel in the car to finish the race."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorsport/ecclestone-criticises-red-bull-over-tactics-20130326-2gr6p.html#ixzz2Oc6lxMO8

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Tue 26 Mar 2013, 03:45

tricycle wrote:
baggygreen wrote:Difference between the two is when Webber was told years before not to pass, he listened to team orders.
For all his quntishness, Vettel was always the goods. It was apparent since his BMW test driving days and evident when he won that wet Italian GP at Torro Rosso. The difference between him and Webber is more than just team orders and really only in 2010 was Webber denied because of tactics.

Not belittling Webber, definitely him over Vettel any day, but the latter was always going to be a star.

There is no doubting that Webber and Vettel are poles apart in terms of talent. I reckon Webber is merely a competent driver in an excellent car.

The reason has not been passing vettel lately has more to do with him not being able to close to him rather than any team tactics
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Tue 26 Mar 2013, 03:58

And I think he wasted a couple too many years in an off the pace Williams.

Hopefully Vettel has a couple of gear box replacements in the next few races.

tricycle

Back to top Go down

Post by baggygreen Tue 26 Mar 2013, 05:07

tricycle wrote:

...difference between the two in the same situation. Sorry that wasn't made clear.
baggygreen
baggygreen

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2012-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 26 Mar 2013, 05:26

JGK wrote:
skully wrote:From Vettel's post race reaction, i think team management tore him a new arsehole behind closed doors. But that will be the end of it. He's an arrogant little qunt who only thinks of himself.

Bernie has the solution:

Recalling a similar problem he encountered while at Brabham, the team he owned for 16 years from 1971, Ecclestone explained: "I had one driver challenging for the world championship – I'm not going to say who it was – and the other guy that weekend happened to be bloody quick. I said to him, 'Whatever you do, you ought to take it easy and let the other guy pass you'. He said, 'I wouldn't do that'. So I replied, 'Well, you can stand up in the seat of the car and wave him past, so the whole world can see this if you want'. But he insisted, 'I'm not going to do it'. So we just made sure he didn't have enough fuel in the car to finish the race."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorsport/ecclestone-criticises-red-bull-over-tactics-20130326-2gr6p.html#ixzz2Oc6lxMO8
How grouse would it be if Red Bull did that to Vettel? Very Happy
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next