Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jim Maxwell - is he known to Aussie forummers?

+6
taipan
Fred Nerk
JKLever
Zat
skully
PeterCS
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jim Maxwell - is he known to Aussie forummers? - Page 2 Empty Re: Jim Maxwell - is he known to Aussie forummers?

Post by JKLever Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:07

skully wrote:God, I turned on the ABC coverage the other evening and some raving nancy boy was in a real excited tizz. Sounded like Henry Blowfly on acid, only twice as camp.

Admittedly, Aus were 2-20 at the time.

Hmmm, if ABC take the BBC commentary it was Aggers commentating with Phil Tufnell - I wouldn't call any of them Blowers-a-like though.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Jim Maxwell - is he known to Aussie forummers? - Page 2 Empty Re: Jim Maxwell - is he known to Aussie forummers?

Post by skully Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:08

JKLever wrote:
skully wrote:God, I turned on the ABC coverage the other evening and some raving nancy boy was in a real excited tizz. Sounded like Henry Blowfly on acid, only twice as camp.

Hmmm, if ABC take the BBC commentary it was Aggers commentating with Phil Tufnell - I wouldn't call any of them Blowers-a-like though.
Nah, this was defo an older chap but farq he was gay. Has Blowers fogged up more in his old age?
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105986
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:09

Now the Cat. He DOES get excited.

I can't imagine anyone much less like Blowhard though - at least from south of the Humber.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:10

JKLever wrote:
Fred Nerk wrote:"What's Neville Oliver doing these days?"

My first response is 'who cares' beyond a wish that he's turning little piles of big rocks into big piles of little rocks somewhere....last heard of he was selling real estate in Tassie, an appropriate occupation for a blow-hard bullshit artist.

So not an aussie commentating legend then? Laughing
More like an Aussie cockmunching legend.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:10

skully wrote:
JKLever wrote:

Nah, this was defo an older chap but farq he was gay. Has Blowers fogged up more in his old age?

Blofeld has always been fogged up, my dear old thing. Probably from all the flogging he got as a fog at Harrton.

EDIT: Bizarre! FB keeps turning my spelling f-a-g (servant to an older boy at public school) into "fog"!!

Last edited by PeterCS on Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:13; edited 4 times in total
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:11

Err....no. Not unless you ask him.

BTW Jim Maxwell was NO's colleague at the ABC for about 15-20 years and a couple of years ago Jim wrote a book about his commentating career and in 200 pages the Nevmeister gets nary a mention by name.....

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8822
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:12

The bloke they've replaced him with in Tassie isn't much better either.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:14

Would that be Peter Faulkner?

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:15

Why doesn't Max Walker commentate anymore? Thought he was pretty good as a summariser, though this is probably because I think of 86/7 tbf.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:16

Fred Nerk wrote:Would that be Peter Faulkner?
Peter someone, not a former cricketer. Waffles on a lot.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:18

skully wrote:

Got to have been Blowers then. Getting on a bit now...

Only other posho is Chris Martin-Jenkins but he never seems to get that excited to do a Blowers impression.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:19

These days Max flogs APIA Insurance and its special deals for pensioners (such as himself, which is a bit if a depressing thought). His schtick had lost its edge long before he finished IMO.

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:21

It'd give Billy Birmingham a whole new album if they brought Max back.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:23

JKLever wrote:
skully wrote:

Got to have been Blowers then. Getting on a bit now...

Only other posho is Chris Martin-Jenkins but he never seems to get that excited to do a Blowers impression.

Oh, forgot him, for some reason.

But he does get excited! He suddenly loses all control. (And the plot. And he's 3/4 blind - can't blame him for that, but I'm not sure he shoudl be commentating if he can't see wtf is going on. His misperceptions and misattributions are almost as bad as Blowers', at this stage.)
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:27

Losing all control, and Blowers. Not things that should really be in the same post.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:29

Did he have a silver hammer?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:30

Probably not your best work taips.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:30

Nah, was a bit late. Had a bit of a mini crisis here.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:34

taipan wrote:Nah, was a bit late. Had a bit of a mini crisis here.

Lucky you ... clubbing a thumb with a silver hammer, no less.
A fart might help ease the pain though.
Oh bugger ...wrong thread.

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 28 Jul 2009, 11:35

Yes. Yes it was.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 29 Jul 2009, 00:11

Zat wrote:At least they didn't pick up Damien Fleming, who seems to be trying to make up new phrases to describe the game. 'Avenue of uncertainty' and 'bowlology' being two. The second sounds like what I've been doing a lot of today.

It's the Avenue of apprehension. He likes the alliteration.

But, yes he is a poo poo head. I wouldn't be surprised if by the 5th test, MEW holds him down whilst the Fox talking head bloke beats the tripe out of him
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 29 Jul 2009, 00:31

My bad, you're right.

Seeing Flem beaten to a pulp would make the fifth Test compulsory viewing. Especially as I suspect that by then we may well have lost the Ashes again.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 29 Jul 2009, 00:42

I am sure they will keep us on the edge of our seats and not lose until the last session of the last test. Bunch of qunts
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 29 Jul 2009, 00:42

Don't you mean poo poo heads?

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 29 Jul 2009, 00:46

Yes, eggzackly

p.s. I used to like Flem but he takes himself and his opinions way to seriously. I guess the Vomit in him had to come out sooner or lately.

He talks to that Fox bloke that he has no right to an opinion because he didn't play Test Cricket. Maybe Flem belongs on here, but he would have to be English
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next