Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warne implores the Aussies to get nasty!

+5
Henry
Merlin
Zat
Nath
Red
9 posters

Go down

Warne implores the Aussies to get nasty! Empty Warne implores the Aussies to get nasty!

Post by Red Sun 02 Aug 2009, 03:46

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25869953-2882,00.html

"I think the Australians are lacking a bit of aggression, a bit of in your face, a snarl, some nasty stuff," Warne said.
"I just want to see them get a bit more aggressive, it's all a bit too friendly.
"They don't seem to want to be saying anything to the batsmen, getting in their face or pumping their chests out.
"Australian teams play at their best when they are in the face of their opposition.
"When Peter Siddle is at his best he has got that snarl but I haven't really seen that from him. It's just weird to me.
"The best way for Mitchell Johnson to find his confidence is to get really nasty."

Botham agrees that the 2009 Aussie model lacks aggression.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Warne implores the Aussies to get nasty! Empty Re: Warne implores the Aussies to get nasty!

Post by Nath Sun 02 Aug 2009, 04:56

just on the field, and not off the field, right?
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11981
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Warne implores the Aussies to get nasty! Empty Re: Warne implores the Aussies to get nasty!

Post by Zat Sun 02 Aug 2009, 08:56

This is the same Shane Warne who was all buddy-buddy with KP in 2005, right?

What's missing is some sort of thought about the game, right down the batting order.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 02 Aug 2009, 09:44

Warne certainly makes a good point though. There definitely seems to be a lot of buddy-buddy--ness on the field - but as far as I can see, only from the one direction - viz., Australian players.

Smiles; shrugs; lack of serious follow through to finish up under the batsman's nostrils; lack of of chirp from the close fielders ... that kinda thing. 2005 was full of it - from both sides - in yer face aggression with no quarter given. Brilliant to watch.

This series the aggression appears like it's only coming from one side out there - England. And that too, in a luke warmish kinda way.

Get yer ferkin' gloves off FFS - all of youse - let's have a contest.

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sun 02 Aug 2009, 10:02

It's easier to be ''in your face and aggressive" when you have players like Warne himself and Mcgrath to back it up with performances.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 02 Aug 2009, 10:37

No need for "performances" ...
I reckon Siddle and Johnson have sufficiently malaligned mugs to back up some ugly verbal dispatches ... though, having thought about it, baby-faced Howitzer and the genial looking Milf can't really be rated on the "Up yours a**hole" scale.

No denying it though, the Aussies are playing a powder-puff game right now ...

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sun 02 Aug 2009, 10:42

If getting nasty and aggressive was a good way to start playing better, then i'm surprised Bangladesh haven't tried it.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 03 Aug 2009, 07:50

Red wrote:"The best way for Mitchell Johnson to find his confidence is to get really nasty."

Clearly Kop read this. Pity it made him look like a tit.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 03 Aug 2009, 07:59

Warne has a point but he misses the obvious one. He never had to get nasty. Australia only ever got nasty because we could get away with it, and it was sort of traditional, deplorable but traditional.

I'd prefer some decent bowling and batting rather than telling a 'built like a britshithouse drunk', his sister's a good root.

Ricky's problem is he no longer has the comfort of previous Oz catains of saying, "What end do you want Sane and when".
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 03 Aug 2009, 09:41

Pretty embarrassing when Midge gets nasty and jelly boy Swanny and choir boy Stewie (yes, I know it's not spelled that way) laugh in his face.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105982

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 03 Aug 2009, 10:29

I reckon a "Poor little Mummy's boy still bowling sh!t..." or a sharp quip like "You shagged The Karate Kid lately" would be adequate sledges to dosmantle the Wozzie!

Have to admit, watching baby-faced Broad giving macho Johnson serious lip was comical in the extreme ... so wonder what Merv Hughes' advise to MJ was back in the dressing room!

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Mon 03 Aug 2009, 18:53

I'd like to have seen Merv Hughes bowling and getting clever against this or 2005's England side. Reckon the fat buffoon would've had the smile wiped right off his smug, ridiculously moustachioed face.
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down