Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why so few weekend games in Pakistan?

5 posters

Go down

Why so few weekend games in Pakistan? Empty Why so few weekend games in Pakistan?

Post by mynah Sun 28 Oct 2007, 17:30

I realise not all countries have Saturday and Sunday as their weekend for leisurely activities, but from a Western perspective playing the past test and ODI series almost exclusively on weekdays seemed rather unusual. Any reason for doing so?
mynah
mynah

Why so few weekend games in Pakistan? APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Why so few weekend games in Pakistan? Empty Re: Why so few weekend games in Pakistan?

Post by CricFan Sun 28 Oct 2007, 18:45

No Team wants to Stay in Pakistan for longer than they have to for security reasons

CricFan

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Why so few weekend games in Pakistan? Empty Re: Why so few weekend games in Pakistan?

Post by mynah Sun 28 Oct 2007, 18:56

I don't quite get that - security is unavailable at the weekend? confused
mynah
mynah

Number of posts : 3385
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Sun 28 Oct 2007, 23:08

Perhaps weekend means more crowds meaning that the provision of security becomes harder. Strange as it may sound given the current Pakistan situation sparsely filled stadiums may be a better option.

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Sun 28 Oct 2007, 23:22

mynah wrote:I don't quite get that - security is unavailable at the weekend? confused

The last game was penciled in for this sunday at the start of the tour, but since the game has been switched to Lahore they must have moved it a day forward, the 2nd ODI was played on a SAT, i also think Cricfan was right also because they were playing every two days so the matches were played on which ever days the game landed on.

Josh - your full of shit, which is nothing new.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Number of posts : 1498

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Sun 28 Oct 2007, 23:36

Wby is it because I am pointing to things that are uncomfortable for you ? Yep shoot the messenger that should fix the real problems.

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Sun 28 Oct 2007, 23:40

Josh Carney wrote:Wby is it because I am pointing to things that are uncomfortable for you ? Yep shoot the messenger that should fix the real problems.

Not really it's a bit obvious that you here just to troll and take cheap shots at Pakistan/Islam at every opportunity, thank god no one one is taking your crap seriously esp that ridiculous poll.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Sun 28 Oct 2007, 23:51

Read what you want, hear what you want. Fine by me. Won't change reality though. All I can sense is that the changing ground realities have made normally balanced guys like you quite touchy !

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Sun 28 Oct 2007, 23:56

Makaveli, Josh on this thread has said nothing that's not true. You did accept yourself that CricFan was right - what, other than something similar to that, has Josh said (on this thread)?
HH_pink
HH_pink

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Sun 28 Oct 2007, 23:56

No mate i think it's a bit odd that there are hundreds of ppl on this forum and your the only poster with opinions on Pakistan's problems and yes we do have them i'm not denying this, even sadder thing is most of your posts are regarding hoe bad Pak is, i find this strange esp comming from a guy whose country has their own major problems which one was posted just a few hours ago (a lot more from where that came from too), why not discuss them? instead pointing out others flaws take a look in the mirror first.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Mon 29 Oct 2007, 00:12

Yeah right, I don't talk about India's problems.

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down