Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India asks SA for tests early in 2010

+9
doremi
Batman
buckSH
Henry
spangler
taipan
Brass Monkey
lardbucket
Red
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

India asks SA for tests early in 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: India asks SA for tests early in 2010

Post by taipan Sat 12 Dec 2009, 08:45

Batman wrote:Of course India fluked the number 1 spot. SA set the precedent for the same sometime back when they briefly became no. 1 without beating the then reigning champions Aus in any test rubber that had the likes of Warne, McGrath, Hayden & Gilchrist.

Exactly, and that is why you didn't see any Saffies on here bragging about it, unlike now.

At the time we acknowledged that Aus was still the team to beat.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

India asks SA for tests early in 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: India asks SA for tests early in 2010

Post by mirchy Sat 12 Dec 2009, 10:32

Red wrote:
taipan wrote:Thia was discussed on here a couple of days back.

Sad that India are too scared to tour SA

I think they're due to tour SA during their next summer. It has also been remarked at times that SA officials bend over to accommodate the BCCI. And let's not forget that it's probably worth a bit of money to the SA board, one dayers or not.
That’s a fair and realistic assessment. Although its not going to happen, I feel CSA should tell the BCCI to go for a hike. On the other hand a ‘better late than never’ insight will appease the growing domestic resentment against the board. Instead of liquifying an important home season with a tour of Bangladesh, the Board should have been looking for, IMO, an ideal SA tour with at least three tests, 3 ODIs and 2 T20s.

Tours involving Bangladesh/Zimbabwe should be reserved for the fog end / early beginning of a season. I don’t mean to be high-handed, but I think prime time engagement has to be earned by climbing up the ladder. But then again the BCCI is well versed in power politics and the BD vote will come in handy when the time is right to call in a few favours.

mirchy

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 12 Dec 2009, 20:15

mirchy wrote:That’s a fair and realistic assessment. Although its not going to happen, I feel CSA should tell the BCCI to go for a hike.

For the first time ever I agree with Mirchy
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by mirchy Sun 13 Dec 2009, 08:44

That’s due to your dilapidated state of mind. But it’s good to see you are doing something about it. Laughing

mirchy

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Sun 13 Dec 2009, 10:08

mirchy wrote:
That’s due to your dilapidated state of mind. But it’s good to see you are doing something about it. Laughing

lol!

Gold!
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 13 Dec 2009, 18:36

As usual Batty misses the joke. As a stand up comedian he make a good street sweeper.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2