Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Howard to be next VP of ICC

+31
Mick Sawyer
Nath
jim rich
Red
doremi
Gary 111
Chivalry Augustus
Bradman
The One
Blackadder
Henry
CT
Big Dog
Josh Carney
DJ_Smerk
furriner
PeterCS
JKLever
lardbucket
Paul Keating
Hass
Merlin
tac
skully
Fred Nerk
JGK
embee
G.Wood
horace
Zat
bodyline
35 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

John Howard to be next VP of ICC - Page 2 Empty Re: John Howard to be next VP of ICC

Post by horace Tue 02 Mar 2010, 06:59

how could this creep have the remotest chance of delivering anything positive???

even his own electorate loathed him so much he lost his own seat as well govt.and this before the recession
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

John Howard to be next VP of ICC - Page 2 Empty Re: John Howard to be next VP of ICC

Post by Merlin Tue 02 Mar 2010, 08:17

horace wrote:how could this creep have the remotest chance of delivering anything positive???

even his own electorate loathed him so much he lost his own seat as well govt.and this before the recession

Perhaps because Howard was a much admired statesman and a decisive leader.
You most probably don't understand nor appreciate these facts, being of roman (small r) origin 'orrie ... as your "leaders" back then .... (even now with Berlusconni) ... were more partial to a quick strum on a fiddle, or indeed a quick fiddle on their strum(pets) and sisters, to warrant any recognition as true statemen and leaders of their time.
At least Canberra didn't burn on Howards' watch!

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 02 Mar 2010, 08:23

"At least Canberra didn't burn on Howards' watch!"

It did actually
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26214
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Tue 02 Mar 2010, 08:26

We can't get the wind past embee toninght -- he is unstoppable.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8813
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Tue 02 Mar 2010, 08:41

embee wrote:i thought he was going to be put in charge of the commision that is being set up to farque leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeg

He was going to but Anthony Albanese put the hard word on some League powerbrokers and they got cold feet. The Labor party still holds a lot of sway in League circles, so the move got hit on the head.

Hass

John Howard to be next VP of ICC - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 02 Mar 2010, 08:41

Merlin wrote:Perhaps because Howard was a much admired statesman
John Howard to be next VP of ICC - Page 2 Smells10

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Tue 02 Mar 2010, 08:45

bodyline wrote:Could spell the end of any chance of cracking the China market - ol' LJH wouldn't let some pinko, left, commie play the "gentlemen's game".

It's not like John Howard strengthened Australia's relationship with China, securing all those deals for them to buy our resources.

Paul Keating said Howard wouldn't be able to deal with Asian leaders, so he must be right, even though all the evidence of the past 15 years suggests otherwise.

Hass

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 02 Mar 2010, 08:48

Fred Nerk wrote:We can't get the wind past embee toninght -- he is unstoppable.
Blame the Korma ....

Oh wait ... WE can't get the wind ....

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Tue 02 Mar 2010, 08:50

"He was going to but Anthony Albanese put the hard word on some League powerbrokers and they got cold feet. The Labor party still holds a lot of sway in League circles, so the move got hit on the head."

Unlike Leeeeg for anybody or anything to get hit in the head......

Last edited by Fred Nerk on Tue 02 Mar 2010, 08:53; edited 1 time in total

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8813
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Tue 02 Mar 2010, 08:53

Hass wrote:Paul Keating said Howard wouldn't be able to deal with Asian leaders, so he must be right, even though all the evidence of the past 15 years suggests otherwise.

Are you kidding me, Hassett?

Rubbish. Absolute rubbish that Howard strengthened Australia's name in the region.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

John Howard to be next VP of ICC - Page 2 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Tue 02 Mar 2010, 08:56

In any case, I don't mind Howard's appointment. I hope he can clean up the corruption of cricket's governing body.

He more than has the capacity to do a good job.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

John Howard to be next VP of ICC - Page 2 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 02 Mar 2010, 08:57

Paul Keating wrote:
Hass wrote:Paul Keating said Howard wouldn't be able to deal with Asian leaders, so he must be right, even though all the evidence of the past 15 years suggests otherwise.

Rubbish. Absolute rubbish that Howard strengthened Australia's name in the region.

Recalcitrant.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38105
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Tue 02 Mar 2010, 09:14

Paul Keating wrote:

I said he strengthened our relationship with China - I don't think that is really in dispute. You may say that's because China don't care about human rights - fair enough. But Howard's dealings with China were VERY successful.

As for Indonesia, I don't think the relationship is as chummy as it was in Keating's day but I think that's a good thing. Howard was able to maintain a good working relationship with Indonesia despite taking a tough line on East Timor and asylum seekers.

Japan is the other important country in Asia as far as Australia is concerned. Our relationship with them continued smoothly, the odd tiff over whaling aside. We now have an important security deal with them, while Howard also got the ball rollinng on a Free Trade Agreement which will hopefully come to fruition under Rudd.

Now it's all well and good for some people to pretend they're New Zealanders and say "our name in the region has been damaged" but when it comes to hard concrete relationships in Asia, Howard got the runs on the board. The ICC could do with a person like that.

Hass

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 02 Mar 2010, 12:07

I don't care about the politics, I just want to know how far up the ICC he can get.

Ok, so England winning a world cup is a long shot but the thought of old grumpy bastard sourpuss being forced to present another trophy to an England team warms the testicles on a cold day.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 02 Mar 2010, 12:32

embee wrote:"At least Canberra didn't burn on Howards' watch!"

It did actually

PMSL.... gold.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 02 Mar 2010, 12:35

ffs
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 02 Mar 2010, 22:42

JGK wrote:
embee wrote:"At least Canberra didn't burn on Howards' watch!"

It did actually

PMSL.... gold.

many golden moments already in this thread - esp from embee and merls...the tragedy is that LJH played the race card more times than Harby and will prove highly divisive - hope the little rat pegs out before inflicting more damage on the world
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 02 Mar 2010, 22:45

Well, he'll be following His Oiliness Sharad Pawar, so meh.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 02 Mar 2010, 22:48

furri...howard's record on race relations is as abject as can be found in western capitalist countries...he creates division wherever he goes...I would prefer Modi to run the ICC and would have more faith in him to run it fairly
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 02 Mar 2010, 22:56

LJH is as "fair" as they get . . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Tue 02 Mar 2010, 22:57

Not even PCS would stoop to that
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 02 Mar 2010, 22:58

Meh . . .you should have seen what I was going to write . . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 02 Mar 2010, 23:02

tac wrote:LJH is as "fair" as they get . . . .

Not what his forefathers said when sentence was handed down by the beak at Tyburn a couple of centuries ago!

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 02 Mar 2010, 23:03

Fark off, merls . . . I'm from convict stock . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 02 Mar 2010, 23:07

tac wrote:Fark off, merls . . . I'm from convict stock . . .

I thought you woz of Norman ancestry ...
Mind you ..... 'nuff said!

PS - And stop being so bloody sensitive - t'was only a loaf of bread after all!

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next