Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Football Thread - 09/10 (III)

+23
Lara Lara Laughs
Henry
spangler
G.Wood
tac
beamer
Gary 111
DJ_Smerk
taipan
Merlin
Basil
lardbucket
horace
eowyn
WideWally
skully
JGK
Zat
Ash
Makaveli
Chivalry Augustus
JKLever
LeFromage
27 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

The Football Thread - 09/10 (III) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Football Thread - 09/10 (III)

Post by Guest Sun 18 Apr 2010, 23:03

Ash wrote:he used the word "deals" didnt he...if there is indeed more than one deal done, it would have to be a CB. my money would be on subotic.

unlike normal transfer windows, wenger tends to do his biz early in wc year (e.g. rosicky). expect at least 4 signings.

he also hinted almunia isnt going to be his #1 next season...the penny has finally dropped.
Fabianski being promoted?

Laughing

Back to top Go down

The Football Thread - 09/10 (III) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Football Thread - 09/10 (III)

Post by Ash Sun 18 Apr 2010, 23:06

please god no suicide

lloris, neuer and hart are being linked. anyone but those two will do the arsenal fans i suspect.
Ash
Ash

The Football Thread - 09/10 (III) - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Sun 18 Apr 2010, 23:50

If man city sell hart who is better than their very over-rated numero uno then they're four different types of crazies. Watching Arsenal's keepers recently has been an embarrassment though, reminds me of some of Forest's keepers over the years. Thankfully our current number one has made one mistake in 50+ matches which is why he's pretty much a god in Nottingham. Goalkeepers are pretty wank nowadays though, aren't they? Not rugged enough for my money, over-protected and not physical or brave enough. Kirkland's a case in point, he's a horrible, lanky anaemic thing who makes a mistake every fortnight yet still gets talked about as a potential England goalkeeper. And he always seems to be wearing a cap when I see him. Is that just me? Or do they only televise Wigan when it's sunny otherwise we'd all die of horror.

No, seriously though, Martinez has done a pretty good job with Wigan to say they've looked on the verge of catastophe half a dozen times this season. First season in the Prem for him, and so many footballing principles that he's trying to stay true to. He's suave and has an eye for talent - maybe he'll manage Arsenal one day.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

The Football Thread - 09/10 (III) - Page 2 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Mon 19 Apr 2010, 00:15

Don't talk to me about Kirkland. What a shit of a keeper.

Can't even do the basics. Watch him when any shot is taken - he's always still on the move, never set. By the time he's sorted his feet out to enable him to dive, the ball's not just nestled in the net, but has been picked out by a defender and kicked back to the centre circle ready for the kick off.

Not that he can dive anyway. Appears to have no spring in his legs at all. Just falls over, basically.

Get him in the England team...
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Mon 19 Apr 2010, 00:22

Ash wrote:he used the word "deals" didnt he...if there is indeed more than one deal done, it would have to be a CB. my money would be on subotic.

unlike normal transfer windows, wenger tends to do his biz early in wc year (e.g. rosicky). expect at least 4 signings.

he also hinted almunia isnt going to be his #1 next season...the penny has finally dropped.

Yeah, Subotic has been linked before. Must say I've never knowingly seen him play. But a big centre-back is a must as Gallas is off.

Simon Kjaer is another one supposedly on the Arse radar - but a few teams have their eye on him.

And they've been linked to Mamadou Sahko for a few seasons now.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Mon 19 Apr 2010, 00:26

Ash wrote:please god no suicide

lloris, neuer and hart are being linked. anyone but those two will do the arsenal fans i suspect.

Lyon are supposedly interested in Eduardo. Perhaps no-one's told them he's next-to-finished these days.

But if the Arse could somehow wrangle a swap + cash deal between Eduardo and Lloris, I reckon that'd be good business.

Sebastien Frey has also been mentioned. Probably because he's French.

I'd be amazed if City sold Hart, as they have no worldly reason to due to them being stinking rich.

In any case, he's a long way from the finished article (bit flappy under the crossed ball - experience should sort him out) and I'm not sure that's the order of the day for the Gunners.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 19 Apr 2010, 00:34

good win by the wiggers...no excuses for the gunners in a must win game
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Mon 19 Apr 2010, 01:34

two CB's are required tbh. gallas, silvestre and senderos are all off...campbell may join them (id give him one more year) and djourou is made of glass. all those linked are pretty young. id prefer a more experienced guy like hangeland or even gary cahill to complement the younger signing.

eduardo's a funny one. wengers not shown faith in him in recent months, but we just gave him a new four year contract. i dont believe the injury has finished him as he looked pretty sharp when he came back prior to the celtic dive furore. i think its more a confidence thing. dont think he'll be sold even in part exchange. lloris (and akinfeev) will be in the £15-20m region at least. and as you say city have no reason to sell hart so it will be interesting to see who he goes for. the need is an experienced, world class keeper - not many about.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Mon 19 Apr 2010, 17:05

Juventus aren't going to finish in a Champs League spot - can Arsenal somehow push the boat out for Buffon? Would be a hell of a coup.

I thought he was a bit old as he seems to have been around for ever, but he's only 32. As a keeper, he's got plenty in the tank.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Mon 19 Apr 2010, 21:55

he's been linked with utd today, with vidic going the other way. unfortunately, you just dont associate such big signings with arsenal football club.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Apr 2010, 22:13

Newcastle straight back up.

I moved to Leeds in 2004, and just as I did they went on their nosedive down the divisions. It goes without saying how shite Forest were when I lived in Nottingham, from 3rd in the Premiership to League 1 (although league one was a little after I left).

Moved to Newcastle a year and a half ago and as soon as I did they got relegated. I'm begining to think I have some sort of uber power over the fortune of football teams. Tempted to move to Manchester though it would probably be City that suffered.

Moving to Derby could be a plan, but then I quite enjoy the Derby with Derby so I wouldn't want to lose that.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 20 Apr 2010, 00:39

Ash wrote:he's been linked with utd today, with vidic going the other way. unfortunately, you just dont associate such big signings with arsenal football club.

Doesn't sound credible, though. United need Vidic more than they need a keeper. VDS will suffice for another season if they can't get anyone in.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 20 Apr 2010, 12:57

vilkrang wrote:Newcastle straight back up.

I moved to Leeds in 2004, and just as I did they went on their nosedive down the divisions. It goes without saying how shite Forest were when I lived in Nottingham, from 3rd in the Premiership to League 1 (although league one was a little after I left).

Moved to Newcastle a year and a half ago and as soon as I did they got relegated. I'm begining to think I have some sort of uber power over the fortune of football teams. Tempted to move to Manchester though it would probably be City that suffered.

Moving to Derby could be a plan, but then I quite enjoy the Derby with Derby so I wouldn't want to lose that.

Can I tempt you into a move to Norwich?
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 20 Apr 2010, 13:00

Quick - ship Vilks to Argentina, now.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 20 Apr 2010, 13:00

vilkrang wrote:Newcastle straight back up.
The fat Geordies in the Plymouth crowd went right off - shirtless style. Wonder how glum they'll be this time next year?
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105947
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 20 Apr 2010, 13:02

skully wrote:
The fat Geordies in the Plymouth crowd went right off - shirtless style.

There are other types?
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 20 Apr 2010, 13:03

Hehehe, well I guess not, but it was funny to see. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Apr 2010, 13:41

JKLever wrote:
skully wrote:
The fat Geordies in the Plymouth crowd went right off - shirtless style.

There are other types?
http://www.geordiepantsman.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 20 Apr 2010, 13:48

Y, oh Y, oh Y?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Apr 2010, 14:09

Y Ay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue 20 Apr 2010, 15:59

arguably the two best football coaches in the world face off tonight. a clash of footballing ideologies. another goalless draw then?
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Wed 21 Apr 2010, 14:23

No you tard, a great game.

THIS FORUM IS DEAD.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

The Football Thread - 09/10 (III) - Page 2 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Wed 21 Apr 2010, 15:41

aye, great game. inter are a decent side, knew that before they were wrote off against chelsea.

im lovin the new pepsi max ad, 'oh africa'...messi: "thierry?" Laughing

and el tel's rendition of elvis' 'if i can dream'...must. not. get. sucked. into. hype.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Wed 21 Apr 2010, 16:54

No prem sides in the competition? It's dead to me.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Apr 2010, 17:10

JKLever wrote:No prem sides in the competition? It's dead to me.
Will you continue to watch the World Cup when England make their shoot out exit this year?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next