Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Waugh? Would he make any test side?

+14
Basil
Fred Nerk
PearlJ
embee
Blackadder_
Hass
Leo
JGK
skully
tac
horace
Zat
Hilda
DJ_Smerk
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Steve Waugh? Would he make any test side? - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Waugh? Would he make any test side?

Post by horace Thu 15 Nov 2007, 01:18

teehee at FN
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Steve Waugh? Would he make any test side? - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Waugh? Would he make any test side?

Post by Guest Tue 16 Mar 2010, 13:17

No.

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Tue 16 Mar 2010, 13:19

Cheers Vilks, you anti-necro fanny bandit.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sat 20 Jun 2015, 08:50

Promising news...

Austin Waugh picked for Australian under-16 team, following in dad Steve’s footsteps

• FOX SPORTS
  • June 20, 2015 10:16AM

Austin Waugh shines for NSW
1:01
STEVE Waugh’s son Austin has followed in his legendary father Steve’s footsteps by winning selection for Australia. 
Austin Waugh has been named for the Australian under-16s team after impressing selectors with his efforts for a NSW schoolboys team at the School Sports Australia under-15 tournament in Darwin this week.
Waugh had a lean time with the bat but commanded attention with a brilliant spell of 4-8 early in the week. He finished the tournament with 47 runs and seven wickets at 8.9.

Steve Waugh? Would he make any test side? - Page 2 999129-8dfcb7f2-16e1-11e5-be24-42d1c440f308
NSW batsman Austin Waugh has been picked for the Australian under-16s.
Source: News Corp Australia

In a remarkable twist, the son of Cricket Australia chief executive and former Victorian fast-bowler James Sutherland - Will Sutherland - was also selected in the team for his all-round performances.

The team will make history by taking part in the national under-17 championships.
The team will also play against international opposition at the tournament, to be held in Bowral. Former Test batsman and recent Queensland Bulls coach Stuart Law is in charge of the side.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sat 20 Jun 2015, 20:26

He looks more like Adam Gilchrist to me.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethics? The Gall! Sun 21 Jun 2015, 00:44

in that helmet theres an amazing facial resemblance to adam gilchrist. not that theres anything wrong with that...
Ethics? The Gall!
Ethics? The Gall!

Number of posts : 1911
Registration date : 2012-08-23
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sun 21 Jun 2015, 04:40

I think the twist is a batsman's son got in for his bowling and a bowler's son got in for all round ability
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsay no.2 Sun 21 Jun 2015, 12:36

Fred Nerk wrote:
Lindsay no.2 wrote:

My favourite bit is the 'remarkable twist' statement about the son of the CEO getting into the team. I don't know who wrote the piece and whether it was intended to be tongue in cheek, but I really hope so.

Doesn't look particularly Google-able but you best hope like hell nobody with an axe to grind (such as an irrational hatred of low rent gossip artists) falls over it accidentally. As I recall Gilly put his kids thru school on the proceeds of some mighty-mouse hero starting a similar rumor, and it only takes one screen-shot faxed/emailed in the right direction...

Golly - wasn't looking to start any rumour or scandal. It was meant as a joke. I'd hope that it would be taken in the right spirit. Perhaps the best course is for me to remove it. Done.

Lindsay no.2

Number of posts : 1267
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Sun 21 Jun 2015, 13:09

Lindsay I have no problem believing you meant it as a joke, but unfortunately the Net is full of dickheads who'll see it as a hot story to impress their mates with. I've followed your lead and asked Dello to remove my post which quoted yours, and hopefully that will end it.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8820
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsay no.2 Sun 21 Jun 2015, 13:15

Fred Nerk wrote:Lindsay I have no problem believing you meant it as a joke, but unfortunately the Net is full of dickheads who'll see it as a hot story to impress their mates with. I've followed your lead and asked Dello to remove my post which quoted yours, and hopefully that will end it.

Cheers Fred. Appreciate you pointing it out in the first place.

Lindsay no.2

Number of posts : 1267
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 21 Jun 2015, 13:26

TBH if anyone took exception to the original post they would be total dickheads.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Sun 21 Jun 2015, 13:39

Thanks for sharing

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8820
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 21 Jun 2015, 13:40

Any time.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 07 Oct 2015, 08:02

Austin Waugh, son of Steve Waugh winning matches at U17 National Championships

October 7, 2015 - 2:46PM

What do you do when your father is a former Australian cricket captain, widely regarded as one of the greats of the game, and your uncle is considered one of the most elegant and gifted stroke-makers of all time? In the case of Austin Waugh, it's simple.

Prove you're better.

The 15-year old son of Steve has created a stir at the Under 17 National Championships in Brisbane, where he has propelled the Cricket Australia XI into the semi finals. The side is made up of only 15-year-olds, making them the youngest team in the competition.

Waugh belted an unbeaten 61 from just 48 balls, with 10 boundaries, to push the side to 4-265. Bankstown youngster Thomas Sowden (76) and Manly batsman Aiden Bariol (50) laid the foundations earlier in the innings.

The South Australian Redbacks were on the receiving end of Waugh's treatment, and were unable to match the score. They were bowled all-out for 214, with spinner Jarrod Freeman taking 4-34.

Waugh has been dominating proceedings in the tournament so far, scoring 155 runs at 77.5 from the six matches he's played.

While Austin has two immediate family members to look up, his father Steve thinks he should be looking abroad for a role model. Speaking to cricket.com.au, the former Australian captain said that Austin should look up to Indian captain Virat Kohli in how he plays the game.

"If you need someone as your role model, I think he should be Virat Kohli," he said. "[Austin] should aspire to play like him. I like aggression in players, if it can be controlled. Sometimes, Virat crosses the line a little bit but I like his passion."

It's not clear whether Waugh has imparted any of his sledging tips on the youngster as yet.

The Cricket Australia XI now face Queensland for a place in the final. Reigning champions NSW Metropolitan are up against Victoria Metropolitan in the other semi final.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/austin-waugh-son-of-steve-waugh-winning-matches-at-u17-national-championships-20151007-gk384t.html#ixzz3nrZdBDVM
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 07 Oct 2015, 08:11

The role model says it all.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 07 Oct 2015, 08:14

Waiting for Horrie to work out how much red ink young Austin has used so far.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 07 Oct 2015, 09:46

JGK wrote:Waiting for Horrie to work out how much red ink young Austin has used so far.

Ksnrjnr?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 07 Oct 2015, 11:16

Ferkin Huzzah. Go young Tugga!!!!
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105978

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 07 Oct 2015, 23:51

JGK wrote:Waiting for Horrie to work out how much red ink young Austin has used so far.

...spot on ... I splurted coffee when I read this and worked out the red ink influence on the average...still laughing...good luck to the young fellow anyway
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 08 Oct 2015, 00:28

He'd be averaging well over 100 without that red ink ...

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38121

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 08 Oct 2015, 00:54

lardbucket wrote:

He'd be averaging well over 100 without that red ink ...

ROFL...as long as the young fellow did not farm the strike to the tail or instruct others to go for quick runs I am happy
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 08 Oct 2015, 03:53

Tugga...Legend. All these years on, Skull O'Keeffe had it right.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105978

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 08 Oct 2015, 04:11

skully wrote:Tugga...Legend. All these years on, Skull O'Keeffe had it right.

Skull is going his show on 2GB solo this year (with some help from his producers). It is going to be more a long form interview format.

First show is this weekend 12 - 3.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 08 Oct 2015, 05:32

hope it gets a run on 3AW
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 08 Oct 2015, 06:04

horace wrote:hope it gets a run on 3AW

They didn't pick up the show. But you can listen online.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next