Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst bowling spells of all time

+17
Geoffrey Trueman
Lara Lara Laughs
Invader Zim
spangler
Winkle Spinner
LeFromage
WideWally
JKLever
embee
please don't yell
Henry
Zat
ojitarian
JGK
skully
tac
lardbucket
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Worst bowling spells of all time - Page 3 Empty Re: Worst bowling spells of all time

Post by MoH Tue 27 Mar 2018, 15:57

I see Bailey's last match was for South Aus under 23s...when he was nearly 30. How does that work, are the teams allowed a certain number of non-age group players?

MoH

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2013-07-26
Flag/Background : zim

Back to top Go down

Worst bowling spells of all time - Page 3 Empty Re: Worst bowling spells of all time

Post by WideWally Tue 27 Mar 2018, 16:03

MoH wrote:I see Bailey's last match was for South Aus under 23s...when he was nearly 30. How does that work, are the teams allowed a certain number of non-age group players?

Yes. They can have a few older players.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futures_League
WideWally
WideWally

Number of posts : 9702
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 27 Mar 2018, 18:50

More recent times, one-Test wonders Nancy Kerrigan and Noey Khan’t... also a few from Harmison and Johnson in their Ashes meltdown years.

Seeing the title though I can’t help thinking of poor old Scott Boswell for Leicestershite in the NatWest Trophy final in the late 90s(?) - opening the bowling at Lord’s, couldn’t land it on the cut strip. Bowled about eight wides in an over I think. Sadly his career never recovered.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 28 Mar 2018, 02:15

and his shame has forever been captured on Youtube, poor sod

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 28 Mar 2018, 02:20

MoH wrote:I see Bailey's last match was for South Aus under 23s...when he was nearly 30. How does that work, are the teams allowed a certain number of non-age group players?

yes, and in that match, you may or may not have noticed that he had gone the way of many promising young leg-spinners ... he played as an opening batsman,and did not bowl at all

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3