Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we go again....

+20
philcric
Blackadder
Merlin
furriner
Bradman
horace
PlanetPakistan
Allan D
beamer
rey
JKLever
taipan
Eric Air Emu
DJ_Smerk
Josh Carney
skully
Henry
Basil
SG
The One
24 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Here we go again.... - Page 5 Empty Re: Here we go again....

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 21 Sep 2010, 20:36

beamer wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:I am still waiting for some one from the ICC to shed some light on why there is only one sided investigation when all they have is the scoring patterns of 2 overs, how can they categorically say that the English team is NOT involved?
Oh yeah, England were obviously bribed to bowl well... is your name Ijaz Butt by any chance?

You either take a report seriously or RUBBISH it all the way...

What ICC have done is a halfarse job, the game is set up in a way where the contest is ignited by the bowler and the end result is produced by the batsmen and the fielders. Currently ICC only have one equation(the scoring pattern) and using that 1 equations they are trying to solve for 3 unknowns which clearly implies that they assuming 2 unknowns to be zero.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue 21 Sep 2010, 20:48

But which are the known unknowns and the unknown unknowns?
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 21 Sep 2010, 20:52

PlanetPakistan wrote:
beamer wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:I am still waiting for some one from the ICC to shed some light on why there is only one sided investigation when all they have is the scoring patterns of 2 overs, how can they categorically say that the English team is NOT involved?
Oh yeah, England were obviously bribed to bowl well... is your name Ijaz Butt by any chance?

What ICC have done is a halfarse job, the game is set up in a way where the contest is ignited by the bowler and the end result is produced by the batsmen and the fielders. Currently ICC only have one equation(the scoring pattern) and using that 1 equations they are trying to solve for 3 unknowns which clearly implies that they assuming 2 unknowns to be zero.
The whole thing might be crap, fair enough. But you can't pay a bowler to concede fewer runs than would be expected, which is what they are implying about these two overs. Unless they usually bowl at 50% of their capability so they can be bribed to bowl better or worse than normal? Laughing

Anyway, it doesn't matter as England threw the match, I'm sure you believe every word that Ijaz Arse says anyway...

beamer

Number of posts : 15399

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 21 Sep 2010, 20:59

beamer wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:
beamer wrote:

The whole thing might be crap, fair enough. But you can't pay a bowler to concede fewer runs than would be expected, which is what they are implying about these two overs. Unless they usually bowl at 50% of their capability so they can be bribed to bowl better or worse than normal? Laughing

Anyway, it doesn't matter as England threw the match, I'm sure you believe every word that Ijaz Arse says anyway...

Great way to argue a point Cool

Best way to stop runs will be for BOTH bowler and batsman to take no risks i.e bowler doesn't try to bowl quick bouncers or fast inswing yorkers and batsman tries to block every ball.

A bowler trying to bowl a quick yorker or a bouncer and conceding 5 wides would fark up the entire equation for the bookies. So for the ICC to TOTALLY dismiss this simple possibility is at best not very smart.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 21 Sep 2010, 21:44

It's just the same as with Mr Butt, you just want to see another team implicated in this so they won't simply throw the book at Pakistan. You'd rather cricket was corrupt from top to bottom in all 9 or 10 major nations than have the problem largely confined to Pakistan.

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 21 Sep 2010, 21:55

bro you are just running away from the specificity of the issue and are making blanket statements.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 21 Sep 2010, 22:07

To be honest if it was England that the allegations centred on (and they were as blatant as noballgate appears to be) then I'd probably want to see the whole sport come down and not just my own country. To start with at least.

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 21 Sep 2010, 22:09

beamer wrote:Zimbabwe? Laughing

Will be interesting to see what India and Sri Lanka do, is the Asian bloc and the prospect of handing control of the game effectively back to England and Australia more important than the integrity of the sport?
There will be a dramatic rush to have Test status conferred on Malaysia, Singapore, the UAE and Hong Kong.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Wed 22 Sep 2010, 02:26

PlanetPakistan wrote:
furriner wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:Furry,
only 12K people graduated in 45 years.

PP, I don't understand your point.

If by "only 12 k..in 45 years" you mean that this is a mark of a difficult or prestigious course, that is not so. IMO

First, without proof, I am pretty much certain that the 12,000 that graduated were the same as the 12,000 that participated in the course. I.e. no one 'failed'.

Second, 12,000 grads over 49 years is about 250 execs per year...which sounds about right for the number of people who would come to such a class.

Edit: Thirdly, I am reasonably certain that pretty much anyone who applies to these courses and has the money is accepted. Unlike the 2 year programs where the selection is more like 1 out of 10 or 15 applicants.

i find that very difficult to believe that any body with money can take these courses at Harvard.

The 3-4 day courses? Hell yes.

The 3-4 month course? I'd amend myself slightly to say that any moderately successful exec can apply and do the course.

In a related note, here's thebasic B school economics - they all lose money on their 'core' MBA programs ( 2 year or 1 year). They make money on these shorter format programs and so it's more of a churn.

I've seen this at a 'top 5 B School' - which wasn't Harvard, though!

furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Wed 22 Sep 2010, 03:12

Are the Pakistani institutions (PCB in particular) sound and trustworthy to fix this problem ?

The "Ban Pakistan" cries are coming out in frustration, everybody knows that the PCB have been unable to or not been serious about fixing a problem they have known for decades.

Now this has gone to ridiculous proportions where no game involving the Pakistanis can be taken seriously.

Last edited by Josh Carney on Wed 22 Sep 2010, 05:46; edited 1 time in total

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 22 Sep 2010, 03:21

beamer wrote:To be honest if it was England that the allegations centred on (and they were as blatant as noballgate appears to be) then I'd probably want to see the whole sport come down and not just my own country. To start with at least.

Once again you are not talking about the specific incident and ICC's reaction to the allegations.
I guess its fair enough if you don't to talk about it.

PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 22 Sep 2010, 03:24

furriner wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:
furriner wrote:

If by "only 12 k..in 45 years" you mean that this is a mark of a difficult or prestigious course, that is not so. IMO

First, without proof, I am pretty much certain that the 12,000 that graduated were the same as the 12,000 that participated in the course. I.e. no one 'failed'.

Second, 12,000 grads over 49 years is about 250 execs per year...which sounds about right for the number of people who would come to such a class.

Edit: Thirdly, I am reasonably certain that pretty much anyone who applies to these courses and has the money is accepted. Unlike the 2 year programs where the selection is more like 1 out of 10 or 15 applicants.

i find that very difficult to believe that any body with money can take these courses at Harvard.

The 3-4 month course? I'd amend myself slightly to say that any moderately successful exec can apply and do the course.

In a related note, here's thebasic B school economics - they all lose money on their 'core' MBA programs ( 2 year or 1 year). They make money on these shorter format programs and so it's more of a churn.

In general its becoming very difficult to get in to schools in US, i personally wasted 3 years in community college because i couldn't get in to the top universities in FL . No
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 22 Sep 2010, 03:26

...that despite getting most As in the last 2 years of high school

i think it was a conspiracy against the Pakistanis Very Happy
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 22 Sep 2010, 04:05

PlanetPakistan wrote:
furriner wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:
furriner wrote:

In general its becoming very difficult to get in to schools in US, i personally wasted 3 years in community college because i couldn't get in to the top universities in FL . No

They weren't pilot training schools you were trying to get in?
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Wed 22 Sep 2010, 04:11

ROFL@woody
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Wed 22 Sep 2010, 04:17

beamer wrote:Will be interesting to see what India and Sri Lanka do, is the Asian bloc and the prospect of handing control of the game effectively back to England and Australia more important than the integrity of the sport?

england has just new zealand to rely on when it comes to voting. sometimes australia. thats still just 3 out of 9

The One

Number of posts : 9035

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Wed 22 Sep 2010, 04:34

PlanetPakistan wrote:...........

Despite most As? Bloody heck I didn't know it was that tough. You studying at a better school now?
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed 22 Sep 2010, 04:38

i personally wasted 3 years in community college because i couldn't get in to the top universities in FL .

Isn't there another 40 odd states thereabouts?
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum