Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we go again....

+20
philcric
Blackadder
Merlin
furriner
Bradman
horace
PlanetPakistan
Allan D
beamer
rey
JKLever
taipan
Eric Air Emu
DJ_Smerk
Josh Carney
skully
Henry
Basil
SG
The One
24 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Here we go again.... - Page 4 Empty Re: Here we go again....

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 21 Sep 2010, 00:34

amazing how much waqar has mellowed down over the years

Afridi on the other hand seems like he wants to swear in every sentence.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 21 Sep 2010, 03:35

furriner wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:problem with Butt is that he totally loses common sense when he is mad.

I don't understand how he passed Harvard classes.

He did a Linky- ...PMD from Harvard Business School, Harvard University in 1969 and SMP from Harvard Business School, Harvard University, Vevy, Switzerland in 1978.

Basically both are 3-4 days to 3 month programs targeted at middle rung executives and where no one fails.

Typical Business School money making programs.
i am still surprised, you can't get in to such a prestigious school with out some serious credentials.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 21 Sep 2010, 05:32

Looks like Butt now wants Haroon Lorgat's head as ICC Chief Executive.

I'd agree with Botham and Nasser. Bin this sh!t to where this sh!t belong. They've completely ruined cricket's glorious name.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 21 Sep 2010, 06:08

PlanetPakistan wrote:i am still surprised, you can't get in to such a prestigious school with out some serious credentials.

for a lot of the shorter courses all you need are the benjamins

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 21 Sep 2010, 07:29

I said it somewhere before, offer players reduced-duration bans if the y come clean, with varying lengths depending on what they did. Any player subsequently found guilty who didn't come clean, or didn't fully confess, give them a life ban.

To make it a bit easier to get sorted, ban Pakistan from all cricket for the next six to twelve months.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 21 Sep 2010, 11:48

seems like the pak team manager has resigned. or so the pak news channels are saying

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 21 Sep 2010, 14:46

no, he has not.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 21 Sep 2010, 14:49

The One wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:i am still surprised, you can't get in to such a prestigious school with out some serious credentials.

for a lot of the shorter courses all you need are the benjamins

You are underestimating the prestige of Harvard

From 1957 to 2005, Harvard Business School offered the Program for Management Development (PMD), a two-to-three month executive education program for high-potential middle managers. This selective program admitted leaders from all over the world. They came to the HBS campus for a full-time, intensive learning experience that covered all aspects of management—from accounting, finance, technology and operations…to competition, strategy, and marketing…to the international economy and organizational change.

PMD enabled participants to see the organization as more than the sum of its parts. And to learn how to use this broader vision to formulate effective management decisions. Shaped by business trends and technology innovations, the program's cutting-edge approach to leadership offered participants an unparalled opportunity to:

Focus on key business functions to understand how the various areas interrelate and impact their roles
Gain knowledge and insight into state-of-the-art management techniques and technologies
Learn to recognize vast, new opportunities in the global marketplace—then capitalize on them ahead of the competition
Approximately 12,000 managers have graduated during the program's more than 45-year history—many of whom have gone on to top leadership positions in some of the world's most influential companies. All PMD participants received full HBS alumni status upon graduation. This life-long designation provides them with access to: alumni and reunion events, Baker Library services, discounts on open-enrollment Executive Education programs, a lifelong HBS email address, and ongoing connections to the extensive network of HBS alumni.

In 2005, PMD merged with a closely related program offered by HBS—The General Manager Program™ (TGMP). The resulting program—the General Management Program (GMP)—launched in September 2006.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 21 Sep 2010, 14:55

PlanetPakistan wrote:
furriner wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:problem with Butt is that he totally loses common sense when he is mad.

I don't understand how he passed Harvard classes.

He did a Linky- ...PMD from Harvard Business School, Harvard University in 1969 and SMP from Harvard Business School, Harvard University, Vevy, Switzerland in 1978.

Basically both are 3-4 days to 3 month programs targeted at middle rung executives and where no one fails.

Typical Business School money making programs.
i am still surprised, you can't get in to such a prestigious school with out some serious credentials.

Actually PP, you can! I agree with TO.

The shorter B School programs (few days to a few months) do not need anything more than a recommendation from you employees and the dollars to get in - that includes Harvard.

From my experience, these shorter courses are all about the money.

Which is not to say that good people do not go; often the 'high performers' in an organization are sent to such courses as a 'reward'.

They are also often rigorous and challenging to complete - participants may spend 12-13 hour days in the classrooms. But - as I said - no one fails.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 21 Sep 2010, 15:02

Furry,
only 12K people graduated in 45 years.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 21 Sep 2010, 15:13

Merlin wrote:Exclude Pakistan from all future international cricket.
Beefy and Nas have said the same(similar) thing

Its very easy to say this BUT that will be a travesty. The Pakistani people over the last half a dozen years have gone through hell with the Earthquake, terrorism, floods, unemployment/inflation, electricity problem etc, the recent flood alone was one of the biggest humanitarian crises in the recent decades(even more so than the Indian ocean tsunami). In these days(years) of misery a simple game of cricket provides one of the very few outlets for children and people in general of Pakistan to have a good time playing and watching the great game so by isolating Pakistan you(ICC) will be punishing the PEOPLE of Pakistan.

If you have to then ban Aamer for good, ban Asif for good, ban Butt for good and sue the crap out of the bitter old man but do NOT ban Pakistan.

Having said all of that IF the latest allegations are proven to be true and the entire team was involved(you can't specifically mess around with scoring rates with out every body being involved) then i am all for a ban on the Pakistan team.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 21 Sep 2010, 15:18

I'm with PP here. You can't ban a whole country based on the wrong doings of a few. Even if the whole of the current team is involved. Just get rid of them all, and start again. The game must go on.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 21 Sep 2010, 15:21

PlanetPakistan wrote:Furry,

PP, I don't understand your point.

If by "only 12 k..in 45 years" you mean that this is a mark of a difficult or prestigious course, that is not so. IMO

First, without proof, I am pretty much certain that the 12,000 that graduated were the same as the 12,000 that participated in the course. I.e. no one 'failed'.

Second, 12,000 grads over 49 years is about 250 execs per year...which sounds about right for the number of people who would come to such a class.

Edit: Thirdly, I am reasonably certain that pretty much anyone who applies to these courses and has the money is accepted. Unlike the 2 year programs where the selection is more like 1 out of 10 or 15 applicants.

Last edited by furriner on Tue 21 Sep 2010, 15:28; edited 3 times in total
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 21 Sep 2010, 15:26

Henry wrote:I'm with PP here. You can't ban a whole country based on the wrong doings of a few. Even if the whole of the current team is involved. Just get rid of them all, and start again. The game must go on.

You can't blame the whole country and so a national ban is mostly about commentators getting into hysterics.

But, IMO, it is also painfully clear that Pakistani cricket is being run by retards who are certainly incompetent and possibly corrupt and who will do anything to avoid responsibility. Unless they are taught a lesson - a harsh lesson - they will only continue to shame their fans and their cricket, and also cricket as a whole. Question is, how does one do that?

furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue 21 Sep 2010, 15:43

furriner wrote:
Henry wrote:I'm with PP here. You can't ban a whole country based on the wrong doings of a few. Even if the whole of the current team is involved. Just get rid of them all, and start again. The game must go on.

You can't blame the whole country and so a national ban is mostly about commentators getting into hysterics.

But, IMO, it is also painfully clear that Pakistani cricket is being run by retards who are certainly incompetent and possibly corrupt and who will do anything to avoid responsibility. Unless they are taught a lesson - a harsh lesson - they will only continue to shame their fans and their cricket, and also cricket as a whole. Question is, how does one do that?

I dont think suspending Pakistan can be avoided if corruption is proven on as wide a scale as I suspect. I would goone step further and suspend Pakistani cricketers from playing overseas as well. That is certainly draconian, but I can see no alternative if the integrity of the game is to be salvaged.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 21 Sep 2010, 15:54

Basil wrote:
furriner wrote:

That, IMO, can only be achieved from suspending Pakistan from international cricket, and ALL Pakistani cricketers from playing the game outside Pakistan for at least six months.

Bas, I don't know. But, to be fair, I have not thought about an alternate solution, either so I'm just 'naysaying'.

On a relative note, if the ICC does take harsh measures then I would be more comfortable if it can be done without alienating the fans. Tactically, and at the very least, ICC has to try and separate Pakistani fans from the PCB management. Otherwise you just put their backs up and it becomes one huge clusterf*ck.
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 21 Sep 2010, 16:00

Well the ICC didn't suspend Zimbabwe despite the massive corruption in the ZCU, not to mention the fact the country was being run by a despicable dictator who'd killed hundreds of thousands of people, taking the ICC provided funds from the ZCU whenever he pleased whilst the ICC turned the other way.

So I can't image they'll suspend Pakistan for bowling a few deliberate no balls..........
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue 21 Sep 2010, 16:02

furriner wrote:
Basil wrote:
furriner wrote:

That, IMO, can only be achieved from suspending Pakistan from international cricket, and ALL Pakistani cricketers from playing the game outside Pakistan for at least six months.

Bas, I don't know. But, to be fair, I have not thought about an alternate solution, either so I'm just 'naysaying'.

On a relative note, if the ICC does take harsh measures then I would be more comfortable if it can be done without alienating the fans. Tactically, and at the very least, ICC has to try and separate Pakistani fans from the PCB management. Otherwise you just put their backs up and it becomes one huge clusterf*ck.

The problem is that the PCB cannot be trusted to take any sort of punitive action against any player found guilty of corruption, and if they do - it will be overturned within a matter of weeks as sure as night follows day. Mohammed Yousuf anyone?
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 21 Sep 2010, 17:14

Henry wrote:Well the ICC didn't suspend Zimbabwe despite the massive corruption in the ZCU, not to mention the fact the country was being run by a despicable dictator who'd killed hundreds of thousands of people, taking the ICC provided funds from the ZCU whenever he pleased whilst the ICC turned the other way.

they didnt ban pakistan for that either

but in this case we might well see a ban. whether official or a de-facto one due to teams not willing to play them

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Sep 2010, 17:21

I certainly think this is the last Pakistan tour of England we will see for a long time. The last two haven't been resounding successes for cricket have they?

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 21 Sep 2010, 17:29

None of the major teams (India, Australia, England, South Africa) will be rushing to host Pakistan in the near future, you would have thought.

They don't really have any friends left.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 21 Sep 2010, 19:38

Zimbabwe? Laughing

Will be interesting to see what India and Sri Lanka do, is the Asian bloc and the prospect of handing control of the game effectively back to England and Australia more important than the integrity of the sport?

beamer

Number of posts : 15399

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 21 Sep 2010, 20:02

furriner wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:Furry,

PP, I don't understand your point.

If by "only 12 k..in 45 years" you mean that this is a mark of a difficult or prestigious course, that is not so. IMO

First, without proof, I am pretty much certain that the 12,000 that graduated were the same as the 12,000 that participated in the course. I.e. no one 'failed'.

Second, 12,000 grads over 49 years is about 250 execs per year...which sounds about right for the number of people who would come to such a class.

Edit: Thirdly, I am reasonably certain that pretty much anyone who applies to these courses and has the money is accepted. Unlike the 2 year programs where the selection is more like 1 out of 10 or 15 applicants.

i find that very difficult to believe that any body with money can take these courses at Harvard.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 21 Sep 2010, 20:07

Basil wrote:
furriner wrote:

I dont think suspending Pakistan can be avoided if corruption is proven on as wide a scale as I suspect. I would goone step further and suspend Pakistani cricketers from playing overseas as well. That is certainly draconian, but I can see no alternative if the integrity of the game is to be salvaged.
that is what you suspect but as things currently stand other than the scoring pattern of 2 overs there is absolutely no proof of the 3rd ODI being fixed.

I am still waiting for some one from the ICC to shed some light on why there is only one sided investigation when all they have is the scoring patterns of 2 overs, how can they categorically say that the English team is NOT involved?
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 21 Sep 2010, 20:21

PlanetPakistan wrote:I am still waiting for some one from the ICC to shed some light on why there is only one sided investigation when all they have is the scoring patterns of 2 overs, how can they categorically say that the English team is NOT involved?
Oh yeah, England were obviously bribed to bowl well... is your name Ijaz Butt by any chance?

beamer

Number of posts : 15399

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum