Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great interview with Yuvraj

4 posters

Go down

Great interview with Yuvraj Empty Great interview with Yuvraj

Post by The One Wed 22 Sep 2010, 15:59

talking about his failings and how it is being repeated by the current generation. the many temptations on offer to the young india player nowadays

hope someone in the bcci is listening and willing to do something about it. appointing kumble as a mentor is a good first step

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/478169.html

Now when you see the newcomers, do you see yourself at the age of 20 again?
I see a lot of guys making the same mistakes.

What mistakes?
By mistakes I mean you come into the team, you have some success and you think, "Yeah, I can do the same things on the field all the time," which is not possible. Then after playing for India, you think, "I can do whatever I want," which is also not possible. It's just immaturity. No experience, so you make mistakes and hopefully you learn something from them, and from the older players.

I see a lot of youngsters like Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma, who are very talented and flamboyant. As a senior I tell them not to make the same mistakes I made, and try to guide them to a better tomorrow. When I began playing, you could say the game was changing, the distractions were beginning. Now the distractions are too much and my advice to the younger guys is mostly not to be distracted by what is happening outside and to concentrate on the game.

Do they listen?
They don't listen, especially Rohit and Virat. [Suresh] Raina still listens a little bit, but Rohit and Virat always argue with me. I don't blame the youngsters for not listening, because a lot of times Sachin or Sourav or Kumble said something to me and I said "What do they know?". But it's just your ageā€¦ boys mature very late. That's what I've learned from my life. As a senior, I think it's our duty to help the junior guys, like [Ravindra] Jadeja and Praveen Kumar. I think it's our duty to help them as their career progresses. Hopefully they'll listen, if not to me, to other players.

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Great interview with Yuvraj Empty Re: Great interview with Yuvraj

Post by furriner Wed 22 Sep 2010, 16:44

Yeah, FWIW, this is the first time Yuvraj Singh has said something that tells me he's maturing. Have to give him respect.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Wed 22 Sep 2010, 20:33

Sharda Ugra is with cricinfo now? Great, really not a fan of india today.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 22 Sep 2010, 23:03

The One wrote:talking about his failings and how it is being repeated by the current generation. the many temptations on offer to the young india player nowadays

Yeah, take the money on offer
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down