Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Perth Test- A write-off for English Forummers?

+9
taipan
Bradman
skully
Mick Sawyer
JKLever
Gary 111
PeterCS
Zat
Henry
13 posters

Go down

The Perth Test- A write-off for English Forummers? Empty The Perth Test- A write-off for English Forummers?

Post by Henry Tue 14 Dec 2010, 22:45

It starts at 2am in England. Surely lunch will be the cut off point?
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

The Perth Test- A write-off for English Forummers? Empty Re: The Perth Test- A write-off for English Forummers?

Post by Zat Tue 14 Dec 2010, 22:52

Wouldn't the sensible option be to go to bed early and get up at around 4.30 to watch the 2nd and 3rd sessions vefore heading off to the dole queue?

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

The Perth Test- A write-off for English Forummers? Empty Re: The Perth Test- A write-off for English Forummers?

Post by PeterCS Tue 14 Dec 2010, 23:17

It's a cunning Aussie plan to stop the reverse woofing
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Tue 14 Dec 2010, 23:42

I'm gonna be In Paris for most of it so its a right off for me. I wonder if any Parisian bars will be open at 6am to show le cricket? And will all the commentary be done by Richie Benaud and Bruce French?
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Registration date : 2007-09-02

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 14 Dec 2010, 23:50

I remember watching a test from a bar in Paris about four years ago. Can't remember where it was exactly.

Hope that helps.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Wed 15 Dec 2010, 01:54

Yeah, age is starting to creep up on me. Constant 2am starts is a fecker.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed 15 Dec 2010, 06:23

JKLever wrote:Yeah, age is starting to creep up on me. Constant 2am starts is a fecker.

phurt. Record it, get up at 4:30 & watch from the start, fast forwarding between overs. Easy.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 15 Dec 2010, 06:32

The Ashes from England is grouse for an insomniac like me. Should be the same for youse Pomgolians. SIUUBGs. Cool
skully
skully

Number of posts : 106014
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 15 Dec 2010, 07:19

Henry wrote:I remember watching a test from a bar in Paris about four years ago. Can't remember where it was exactly.

Hope that helps.

There used to be a sports bar (or at least a bar showing sports) at CDG airport. I remember watching cricket there.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 15 Dec 2010, 07:30

Bradman wrote:
Henry wrote:I remember watching a test from a bar in Paris about four years ago. Can't remember where it was exactly.

Hope that helps.

There used to be a sports bar (or at least a bar showing sports) at CDG airport. I remember watching cricket there.
So Trev, were there aeroplanes taking off and landing near the bar you referred to?

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 15 Dec 2010, 07:39

It's in the middle of France on the River Seine.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 15 Dec 2010, 07:43

taipan wrote:

It's in the middle of France on the River Seine.

Hehehehe!
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 15 Dec 2010, 08:08

Zat wrote:
Bradman wrote:

Hope that helps.

So Trev, were there aeroplanes taking off and landing near the bar you referred to?

No.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 15 Dec 2010, 08:47

Pretty bloody feeble effort if what Trev says is right - for 12 years we stayed up half the night to watch Oz dismember England and you never heard us whine....

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8827
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Jontyh Wed 15 Dec 2010, 10:20

Yes, but all you lot have to do the next day is pull on a red cap and sit on the beach.
Jontyh
Jontyh

The Perth Test- A write-off for English Forummers? MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2257
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 15 Dec 2010, 10:29

Yeah but the kangaroos hopping down the main street can be a damn nuisance esp if you're not 100% alert.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8827
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 15 Dec 2010, 20:31

Henry wrote:
Zat wrote:
Bradman wrote:

Hope that helps.

No.
Well, that's one section of Paris ruled out.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed 15 Dec 2010, 20:34

Jontyh wrote:Yes, but all you lot have to do the next day is pull on a red cap and sit on the beach.

chuckle
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 18 Dec 2010, 23:27

a wry toff for English forummers ... ever hopeful?

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38147
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sat 18 Dec 2010, 23:40

Just a write off, full stop.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sat 18 Dec 2010, 23:47

"Forummers" was the redundant word in the original title.

EDIT: Blast. Chew late.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down