Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (VI)

+19
OP Tipping
Henry
Invader Zim
Allan D
Bradman
Paul Keating
taipan
Hass
tricycle
embee
bodyline
G.Wood
Mick Sawyer
Zat
Big Dog
lardbucket
horace
skully
JGK
23 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (VI) - Page 3 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (VI)

Post by lardbucket Mon 13 Aug 2012, 14:32

I doubt anyone has read the report

It has been widely paraphrased already ... Julia had no choice but to adopt its recommendations, as distasteful as that must have been.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (VI) - Page 3 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (VI)

Post by JGK Mon 13 Aug 2012, 14:36

Paris Artistotle was just on Lateline saying that just about every public utterance about the report has it wrong.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 13 Aug 2012, 14:49

So Gillard has ignored the report and backflipped to Nauru ......
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26215
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 13 Aug 2012, 21:41

MrK and commonsense don't often go together when it comes to Pinko policy.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105971

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 13 Aug 2012, 22:54

You've avoided my question. As usual. Are you waiting until Bolts comes on so you know what to think about it all?

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 13 Aug 2012, 22:57

embee's caustic comment has gone straight through to the keeper

Has Gillard backflipped because of the report or in spite of the report?

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 13 Aug 2012, 23:59

JGK wrote:You've avoided my question. As usual. Are you waiting until Bolts comes on so you know what to think about it all?
You've avoided the obvious as usual. So all the newspaper articles are wrong, are they?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 14 Aug 2012, 00:09

skully wrote:
JGK wrote:You've avoided my question. As usual. Are you waiting until Bolts comes on so you know what to think about it all?
You've avoided the obvious as usual. So all the newspaper articles are wrong, are they?

You go first.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by bodyline Tue 14 Aug 2012, 00:26

Mick Sawyer wrote:
bodyline wrote:
How unusual - the cheap personal shot.

I guess "my little commie mates" was an invitation for a beer?

Obviously you fail to see that my comment is not directed at any one person in particular.

bodyline

Aus Federal Politics thread (VI) - Page 3 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2335
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 14 Aug 2012, 00:33

JGK wrote:
skully wrote:

You go first.
You know that river in Egypt? You've fallen in it.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 14 Aug 2012, 02:40

The wireless awash with Jooliar's "I'm over it" comment re: asylum seeker policy, basically reiterating my earlier line of "pinkos too stubborn to admit they were wrong in jettisoning the Pacific Solution" and making this decision months ago. Boats will dry up, and Abbott will say "I told you so", and the electorate will say "Yeah, you did". Abbott 1 - Jooliar 0.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 14 Aug 2012, 03:35

Some light reading form Larry Pickering's blog...

"IS OUR PRIME MINISTER A CROOK?

Julia Gillard was in tears when she called Bruce Wilson to tell him she had been sacked from Slater & Gordon.

The $17,000.00 spent at Town Mode Fashions had nothing to do with fashion. Town Mode Fashions was owned by a Greek builder. The very same builder who was performing the renovations! Yet another amateurish attempt by Bonny and Clyde to hide the source and terminus of the stolen funds.

When the Town Mode Fashions money ran out the Greek renovator innocently sent the invoices to the AWU head office. Union bosses demanded to know what the hell was going on. It didn’t take them long to link Slater & Gordon to the scam.

One phone call and the game was up for Gillard and Wilson."

"Wilson was worried. He suggested to Julia they get away for a while to regroup at their regular haunt, The Grand Hotel in Healesville. They spent a week there hatching a plan to credibly deny the fraud. But those denials were to become anything but credible."

----------------------------------------

Apparently there's been some noise towards Pickering and his blog from the PM's office (mentioned on wireless) and Pickering has dared her to sue him. Laughing

skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Tue 14 Aug 2012, 03:51

bodyline wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:
bodyline wrote:

Obviously you fail to see that my comment is not directed at any one person in particular.

Explain which of the following is less offensive then:

1) you little qunt
2) you pack of little qunts

For the record, it was you who introduced your arse into the conversation. I figured you were OK with discussion continuing. Instead you shrieked like a 9 year old girl. Impressive machismo for a bloke who calls himself bodyline.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 14 Aug 2012, 04:12

Mick Sawyer wrote:
bodyline wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:
bodyline wrote:

Explain which of the following is less offensive then:

1) you little qunt
2) you pack of little qunts

For the record, it was you who introduced your arse into the conversation. I figured you were OK with discussion continuing. Instead you shrieked like a 9 year old girl. Impressive machismo for a bloke who calls himself bodyline.

All explained ...it was a cheap universal shot
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Tue 14 Aug 2012, 04:29

embee wrote:

All explained ...it was a cheap universal shot

Makes sense ............ I'm universally cheap.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 14 Aug 2012, 22:05

One wonders what Chris Bowen now makes of the report and Ms Gillard's belated adoption of its suggestions. He must be steaming. Will Tony Jones question him on this on Q and A? I'd like to see that.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 15 Aug 2012, 05:01

Big Tobacco loses it's High Court challenge against plain packaging.

Grouse.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/big-tobacco-loses-high-court-battle-over-plain-packaging-20120815-247kz.html

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 15 Aug 2012, 05:42

Aye. Good news.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 15 Aug 2012, 05:48

Just ban them outright
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 15 Aug 2012, 05:48

No argument from me.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 15 Aug 2012, 06:05

Pacific Solution bill passes Lower House

"Today in Parliament John Howard's Pacific Solution bill passed ...." Oh wait...

"FOUR years after axing John Howard's Pacific Solution, Labor has been given the green light by parliament to restart asylum-seeker processing on Nauru and Papua New Guinea's Manus Island.

Legislation to designate the islands as asylum-seeker processing sites passed the House of Representatives with Coalition support at 1.42pm (AEST).

The only MPs to vote against the bill were the Greens' Adam Bandt and independent Andrew Wilkie."

------------------------------------------------------

Just who advises these numpty Pinkos?? They've done a qunt of a job for 4 years. columbo
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Wed 15 Aug 2012, 06:07

Nice (regarding the tobacco), hopefully it sets a precedent and we'll follow suit, especially considering how activist against tobacco the previous health minister was. Hopefully counterfeits won't be an issue.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Wed 15 Aug 2012, 06:37

JGK wrote:Big Tobacco loses it's High Court challenge against plain packaging.

Grouse.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/big-tobacco-loses-high-court-battle-over-plain-packaging-20120815-247kz.html

While the Court ruling is correct, I still find the actual legislation to be absurd.

It's the government deciding that the people are too dumb to make decisions for themselves. It adds to the stigmatisation of smokers, when they've already been subjected to ever-increasing taxes and constant anti-smoking ad campaigns (the latter of which I support within reason).

Smoking bans in pubs and clubs make sense. Second-hand smoke in enclosed areas has a direct adverse effect on others. Drink-driving laws make sense. Driving a car while intoxicated has a direct adverse effect on others.

But forcing all cigarette packets to look the same, except for a change in the grotesque rotting body part they decide to show you? Get out! If someone wants to trade-off their long-term health in exchange for the buzz, relief, satisfaction, whatever that smoking gives them - well, let them do so without bashing them over the head that you think they're filthy idiots for doing so.

For the record, I am a non-smoker.

Hass

Aus Federal Politics thread (VI) - Page 3 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 15 Aug 2012, 07:51

Meh. It's a natural progression of 40 years of regulation against the industry.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Wed 15 Aug 2012, 08:56

I'd like to see a government with the guts to ban tobacco products alltogether but it will never happen. I find their double standards quite sickening. They take all these band aid measures to curb smoking while raking in millions in outrageous tax grabs & pillorying those who (legally) choose to smoke.
As an ex-smoker i'd urge anyone to quit but it annoys me to see the rights of those who choose to continue, constantly trashed.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next