Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble in Aus State Politics

+20
G.Wood
Henry
Hass
Blackadder
Ethics? The Gall!
taipan
Bradman
Fred Nerk
Fromage
Red
Nath
Paul Keating
Mick Sawyer
Big Dog
baggygreen
horace
lardbucket
JGK
embee
skully
24 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Trouble in Aus State Politics - Page 22 Empty Re: Trouble in Aus State Politics

Post by lardbucket Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:52 pm

He might start squealing even before he goes in.

Is sentencing after the federal Election?

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38093
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:14 pm

he will have Sinodinis and Ian McDonald for company soon enough
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:28 pm

JGK wrote:Looks like he will lose his Parliamentary pension too.

Couldn't happen to a nicer qunt.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105939
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:33 pm

Lucky Grylls back in as Wozzie Nats leader

Wants to hit Rio and BHP (but not FMG or Gina)with a $5 a tonne tax to boost the state budget

Barnett unhappy as Lucky said they couldnt win with Barnett and Redman leading

pinko McGowan shitting himself because he is a worthless poodle

meanwhile Lib cocksmack Nalder looks to be trying to find some numbers for a challenge . Hopefully he doesnt
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26207
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:41 am

Shit fight over greyhound ban move

"NSW Premier Mike Baird last night faced down the biggest rebellion in 5½ years of Coalition government, with three Nationals MPs crossing the floor and two MPs vowing to abstain in the vote on his greyhound industry ban legislation.

Mr Baird said “the systemic cruelty” of the industry was “beyond belief” as he sought to defend his decision to shut it down."

-----------------------------------------

Do my interstate colleagues have a view on the NSW Govt's plan to ban the Greyhound industry from the beginning of 2017/18? Radio heavyweight Bolts Hadley is up in arms and is campaigning heavily against the move. While I agree that the slaughter of underperforming dogs is heinous, to suddenly take the livelihood of thousands of people away with a Parliamentary vote seems extreme.

Thoughts?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:21 am

The Greens are trying to get a similar Bill introduced here but the Govt & opposition are a little less keen to wipeout an entire industry.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:16 am

Could Baird do the impossible and lose the next election.

His fun police reputation is pissing people off.

I reckon if the ALP go to the election with a policy of reversing the lock out laws they could jag it.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:26 am

It was O'Farrell that brought in the lockout laws. I suspect Baird doesn't agree with them, but he can hardly overturn them less than two years after they were introduced by his former political ally. A review into them has already been announced, and I suspect they'll be altered (if not scrapped altogether) leading up to the next election.

Baird remains the best Premier NSW has had in over 20 years.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:31 am

Many say that about Kennett too and he was turfed.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:34 am

Well, if you asked 100 people on the streets of Sydney's CBD "Who is Luke Foley?" I wonder how many of them would be able to tell you. I reckon about 20 of them at best.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:46 am

They should probably have been given time to clean up their act, but I'm pissed off with all the long time journos claiming the Sgt Schulz defence. Bullshit!
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by WideWally Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:46 pm

skully wrote:Shit fight over greyhound ban move

"NSW Premier Mike Baird last night faced down the biggest rebellion in 5½ years of Coalition government, with three Nationals MPs crossing the floor and two MPs vowing to abstain in the vote on his greyhound industry ban legislation.

Mr Baird said “the systemic cruelty” of the industry was “beyond belief” as he sought to defend his decision to shut it down."

Do my interstate colleagues have a view on the NSW Govt's plan to ban the Greyhound industry from the beginning of 2017/18? Radio heavyweight Bolts Hadley is up in arms and is campaigning heavily against the move. While I agree that the slaughter of underperforming dogs is heinous, to suddenly take the livelihood of thousands of people away with a Parliamentary vote seems extreme.

Thoughts?

Embee mentioned this in the horse racing thread a couple of months ago. Thank goodness that some of the Coalition MPs have seen Baird's bullshit for what it is. He claimed that 20% of participants in the industry are involved in live-baiting. Yet, as Jeff Collerson wrote in a newspaper article recently, the NSW Police has charged 10 people of of 12,000 participants. That is less than 0.1%. And there are no new cases pending. So the grub is claiming 20% when the correct figure is 0.083%.

He also put some bloke in charge of GRNSW despite having no background at all in the industry. Undoubtedly he was given the position just to undermine the industry & that bloke supplied all the dodgy figures regarding euthanasia. They are completely inaccurate but it supports Baird's agenda. He has been fabricating figures throughout this charade. One lie after another.

And who is he getting his advice from? The Anti-Racing crowd who are strongly aligned with PETA, the most insane nutjobs in the world.

Mike Baird - the grubbiest grub in the grubbiest profession in the country. He has misled parliament & he has misled the people of New South Wales. Thousands of people could lose their livelihoods if this bill goes through. Some of them of invested millions on their properties.

WideWally
WideWally

Number of posts : 9700

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:49 pm

Isn't Ricky Ponting quite heavily involved with greyhounds? I'm surprised we haven't heard from him in defence of the industry, being one of Australia's greatest sportsmen etc....
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:51 pm

He used to punt on them a bit, and may have owned a couple in hi younger days. Not heavily involved beyond that as far as I am aware.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:51 pm

Ah, I see he has....

http://www.afr.com/brand/rear-window/ricky-ponting-goes-quiet-on-greyhound-defence-20160818-gqvmft
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:52 pm

WideWally wrote:

Thoughts?

Embee mentioned this in the horse racing thread a couple of months ago. Thank goodness that some of the Coalition MPs have seen Baird's bullshit for what it is. He claimed that 20% of participants in the industry are involved in live-baiting. Yet, as Jeff Collerson wrote in a newspaper article recently, the NSW Police has charged 10 people of of 12,000 participants. That is less than 0.1%. And there are no new cases pending. So the grub is claiming 20% when the correct figure is 0.083%.

He also put some bloke in charge of GRNSW despite having no background at all in the industry. Undoubtedly he was given the position just to undermine the industry & that bloke supplied all the dodgy figures regarding euthanasia. They are completely inaccurate but it supports Baird's agenda. He has been fabricating figures throughout this charade. One lie after another.

And who is he getting his advice from? The Anti-Racing crowd who are strongly aligned with PETA, the most insane nutjobs in the world.

Mike Baird - the grubbiest grub in the grubbiest profession in the country. He has misled parliament & he has misled the people of New South Wales. Thousands of people could lose their livelihoods if this bill goes through. Some of them of invested millions on their properties.

You are right about PETA Wally. There is a lovely place called Eggs & Bacon Bay is Tassie which PETA have been petitioning to have changed because of the perceived unhealthy nature of the name. The fact is that the name comes from a local wildflower with brown & yellow petals & has nothing to do with food. Truely nut jobs.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:04 pm

Pop-up blocking ad comes with your link, Trev!

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:24 pm

WideWally wrote:

Thoughts?

Sorry I missed the earlier reference by A. Thanks for the insight, W. I rather suspected you may have some strong views.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:51 pm

It went through both houses.

Just one question: how will the ABC (who put the whistle-blowing 4 Corners episode on air) now attack Baird on this issue?

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:59 pm

greyhound racing is the sport of the working stiff...

I do not like the overbreeding in the industry and resultant knocking on the head of slow dogs...I also do not like live baiting...however cleaned up the industry should remain legal.

Baird is a nob.

Big Dog your Egg and Bacon Bay story jogged an old memory. This memory from the early to mid 70s was of various dills using the term "personipulate". When I tried to inform said dills the history of the word's formation, I was given the cut direct. I responded by saying by that logic they should really use the term, "persiblingipulate"

horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:48 am

lardbucket wrote:It went through both houses.

Just one question: how will the ABC (who put the whistle-blowing 4 Corners episode on air) now attack Baird on this issue?

Easy. By claiming (as was mentioned by someone above) that it's a battler's sport and Baird is picking on the little guy, whilst they merely acted in the public interest (no argument there) to clean the code up.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:51 pm

CLP slaughtered in the NT election...as someone tweeted "they have fewer seats than a Kia Carnival"...looks like 4 seats out of 25..

Still think the NT is a complete joke and the Feds should take it back over.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:29 pm

horace wrote:CLP slaughtered in the NT election...as someone tweeted "they have fewer seats than a Kia Carnival"...looks like 4 seats out of 25..

Still think the NT is a complete joke and the Feds should take it back over.

that was the joke about the billy pinkos when Can do won

embee
embee

Number of posts : 26207

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:18 pm

Still funny....

Giles may lose his seat...in the fine tradition of Can Do and ljh
horace