Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racist chants on Day 2 at the MCG

+9
freddled gruntbuggly
lardbucket
Nath
skully
eowyn
Henry
Invader Zim
furriner
tac
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Racist chants on Day 2 at the MCG - Page 2 Empty Re: Racist chants on Day 2 at the MCG

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2007, 09:15

furriner wrote:Link?

How the fack is that racist, anyway?

Snide, yes. On the verge of insulting, yes. Racist is a long stretch.

I think it has something to do with Mohamed Haneef losing his Work VISA after the terrorist accusations.

Back to top Go down

Racist chants on Day 2 at the MCG - Page 2 Empty Re: Racist chants on Day 2 at the MCG

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2007, 09:21

tac wrote:Check PakPassion . . .

. . . of course, it's what the poms always throw at the Aussies in England, but that's not racist.

Could you give us an example of English people chanting "Show us your visas" to Australian tourists, please?

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 28 Dec 2007, 09:23

'where's your caravan'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38126
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 28 Dec 2007, 09:25

Rob I wrote:

. . . of course, it's what the poms always throw at the Aussies in England, but that's not racist.

Could you give us an example of English people chanting "Show us your visas" to Australian tourists, please?

Yep. Had it directed at me and my mates at both Nottingham and Leeds in 1993, and have heard similar stories from mates who've been to Tests in England.
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by freddled gruntbuggly Fri 28 Dec 2007, 09:26

tac wrote:It seems a bunch of Aussies indulged themselves with a "show us your visas" chant aimed at their subi neighbours on Day 2.
Why is that necessarily racist? It's at least as much a dig at the total screw-ups by the AFP and the previous Government over the Haneef case (and others).
freddled gruntbuggly
freddled gruntbuggly

Racist chants on Day 2 at the MCG - Page 2 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2959
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 28 Dec 2007, 09:27

Get with it, tails!
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by freddled gruntbuggly Fri 28 Dec 2007, 09:47

Get with what?
freddled gruntbuggly
freddled gruntbuggly

Racist chants on Day 2 at the MCG - Page 2 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2959

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2007, 10:04

tac wrote:
Rob I wrote:

Yep. Had it directed at me and my mates at both Nottingham and Leeds in 1993, and have heard similar stories from mates who've been to Tests in England.

Shameful. I'm saddened but not surprised by that. Many Yorkies are xenophobic. I saw some of that when I lived there. It is illuminating that, despite Leeds and Bradford having substantial Pakistani and Bangladeshi populations and the Yorkshire Leagues having many players of colour, Yorkshire CCC was all-white until Tendulkar played for them.

I've never been to Nottingham.

I'd be surprised if you got that in London.

I'd call it ignorance on the part of English chavs. I wouldn't call it racist chanting, unless the chanters were white and you and your mates aren't.

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 28 Dec 2007, 10:13

Rob, as I said, I don't consider it racist . . . just a wind-up. But that's probably where it originated.
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 29 Dec 2007, 01:08

Henry wrote:Not one of the offenders was kicked out, despite the fact that there was a lot of police and security guards within metres of the chant.

2 fans WERE ejected when they came to the ground with a banner saying,"Supporting India from every corner of the globe" followed by a 7Eleven symbol.
So, if you turned up with a banner reading 'Thank you, come again' would you be ejected?

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sat 29 Dec 2007, 01:10

Or conf of Wall low?
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Sat 29 Dec 2007, 01:15

Don't insult Dravid you racists. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Try Agarkar. bounce
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Sat 29 Dec 2007, 03:31

Zat wrote:
Henry wrote:Not one of the offenders was kicked out, despite the fact that there was a lot of police and security guards within metres of the chant.

2 fans WERE ejected when they came to the ground with a banner saying,"Supporting India from every corner of the globe" followed by a 7Eleven symbol.
So, if you turned up with a banner reading 'Thank you, come again' would you be ejected?

I reckon you would.

If in doubt:

Racist chants on Day 2 at the MCG - Page 2 File_432
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11982
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackadder_ Sat 29 Dec 2007, 05:27

Australian bowlers, going through the Indians faster than a dodgy vindaloo. Wink

Blackadder_

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-11-07
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Sat 29 Dec 2007, 11:01

tac wrote:
Rob I wrote:

That's not racism, that's just drunks thinking they are being funny, you Aussies should recognise that.......
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Sat 29 Dec 2007, 11:03

drunks vs drunken squatters
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sat 29 Dec 2007, 11:12

eowyn wrote:
tac wrote:
Rob I wrote:

That's not racism, that's just drunks thinking they are being funny, you Aussies should recognise that.......

Didn't I say it's not racist?
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Sat 29 Dec 2007, 11:25

"Yep. Had it directed at me and my mates at both Nottingham and Leeds in 1993, and have heard similar stories from mates who've been to Tests in England."

I was also in England in 1993. The crowds at Old Trafford and Lords couldn't have been any more welcoming. But Headingley was a dozen dickheads to the square yard.

I seem to remember Tim Zoehrer and a few Leeds lager-louts had a full and frank exchange of views in the Headingley bar after play finished one day.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8822
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Sat 29 Dec 2007, 11:28

Fred Nerk wrote:But Headingley was a dozen dickheads to the square yard.

Should be familiar territory then.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sat 29 Dec 2007, 11:30

*Buckaroo* wrote:
Fred Nerk wrote:But Headingley was a dozen dickheads to the square yard.

Should be familiar territory then.

Yep. Just like this forum . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Sat 29 Dec 2007, 13:35

tac wrote:
eowyn wrote:
tac wrote:
Rob I wrote:

Didn't I say it's not racist?

Probably.....
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2