Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bob Willis says the ball was changed in SL match for ball tampering.

+5
eowyn
taipan
tricycle
Brass Monkey
LeFromage
9 posters

Go down

Bob Willis says the ball was changed in SL match for ball tampering. Empty Bob Willis says the ball was changed in SL match for ball tampering.

Post by LeFromage Sat 15 Jun 2013, 14:19

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-champions-trophy-2013/content/story/642277.html

Gashley denies it.

Ian Pont calls out England's bowlers for their braindead popgunnery. Even throws the word pie in there.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-champions-trophy-2013/content/story/642103.html

It's all happening.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bob Willis says the ball was changed in SL match for ball tampering. Empty Re: Bob Willis says the ball was changed in SL match for ball tampering.

Post by Brass Monkey Sat 15 Jun 2013, 14:32

Bob Willis wrote:
"Have you ever heard of the batting side complaining about the shape of the ball, or the umpires saying 'we're going to change the ball because it's out of shape'?

Suspect Uhhhhh, yes?
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Bob Willis says the ball was changed in SL match for ball tampering. Empty Re: Bob Willis says the ball was changed in SL match for ball tampering.

Post by tricycle Sat 15 Jun 2013, 14:35

They're not very good at it. Maybe with more time.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sat 15 Jun 2013, 14:38

Brass Monkey wrote:
Bob Willis wrote:
"Have you ever heard of the batting side complaining about the shape of the ball, or the umpires saying 'we're going to change the ball because it's out of shape'?

:suspect:Uhhhhh, yes?
Almost always at the behest of the fielding side.

But given his countrymen's chequered history with England, I would've thought Aleem Dar would've been only too keen to report the honkeys if any balljiggery had taken place.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 15 Jun 2013, 14:44

So they manged to change the ball enough in 13 overs to get reverse swing?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sat 15 Jun 2013, 14:55

Apparently Dar doesn't like the tactics - cross seam bowling and throwing the ball back on the bounce. Says it's just not cricket.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Sat 15 Jun 2013, 15:22

Bob Willis seems to have lost the plot a bit. Is he that dejected by the current crop England bowlers that he is accusing them of ball tampering in the hope that others get a call up?
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil D Sat 15 Jun 2013, 15:27

This is the man whose commentary is so boring and moany that he's no longer allowed within 100 yards of a comm box when any proper cricket is on, and spends most of his time sitting in a tiny studio with other "experts" like Charles Colville and Ian Harvey.

He reminds me a bit of how my grandad was towards the end.  I keep expecting him to start ranting about "brown people".
Neil D
Neil D

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2007-09-01
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sat 15 Jun 2013, 15:32

TBF to Bob, he doesn't wishy-washily give pathetic platitudes to shit English players. He tells it straight. Better than some of the Stepford, vanilla identiopinion shitwads in the comm box.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil D Sat 15 Jun 2013, 15:44

I'd like to see Big Bob and Nick Knight have a fight to the death.  Knight is a grade-A yoghurt cannon as well.
Neil D
Neil D

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2007-09-01
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sat 15 Jun 2013, 15:48

Jesus, that would be horrific. But I'd pay big money for a ticket. Nick Knight would lose - he'd be debating the relative merits of Bob's punches whilst Bob was lining up the haymaker.. or yawnmaker.... forgot what he calls his finishing move.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Sat 15 Jun 2013, 15:51

Nick Knight is better eye candy if you switch the sound of.
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 17 Jun 2013, 22:35

'better eye candy than Bob Willis' = damned with faint praise

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38071
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 17 Jun 2013, 23:03