Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II

+14
Chivalry Augustus
embee
Bradman
Lara Lara Laughs
horace
WideWally
Big Dog
lardbucket
PeterCS
Ethics? The Gall!
Brass Monkey
skully
taipan
JGK
18 posters

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II - Page 13 Empty Re: Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II

Post by beamer Sat 08 Jul 2017, 10:04

Bradman wrote:The hot chick with the dragons wins, marries Snow after he kills everyone she missed, the whole world is united and together they move Westeros towards a functioning multi-party democracy with a free press and labour unions.
And then they elect Ser Donald of House Trump, first of his name, who screws it all up? Wink

A fair chance the White Walkers just wipe out practically everyone as the southerners fight each other and refuse to believe in the "grumpkins and snarks" in the North until it's too late. A few major characters perhaps escape and retreat to Meereen and promise that Westeros will one day rise again... (cue proper sequel in a decade or two, after a flop spin-off!)

Anyway S7 looks sure to be action-packed with everyone coming together, I suspect the supporting cast will be decimated with most of the major names making it to S8 but they perhaps have to kill off at least one frontline character (i.e. a Stark, Lannister or Targaryen) by the end of the series.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II - Page 13 Empty Re: Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II

Post by Bradman Sun 09 Jul 2017, 01:56

It may have been a bit of poor satire, but I still believe that the south will unite under one (probably the hot chick, those dragons are one hell of a force multiplier) and the north under Snow or a Stark (one of the girls maybe in this day and age).

Whether the WWs are tamed, defeated or recruited (defeated would be my guess, those dragons are one hell of a force multiplier); I think the only ones left standing at the end will be one Stark, the hot chick and the dwarf.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 09 Jul 2017, 03:24

No, I think the dwarf will die a heroic death right at the end.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sun 09 Jul 2017, 07:45

taipan wrote:No, I think the dwarf will die a heroic death right at the end.

More likely he will end up on the Iron Throne.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 09 Jul 2017, 07:47

he'll need a ladder

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 16 Jul 2017, 08:25

Bump...

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 16 Jul 2017, 09:23

Looking forward to the live season opening on HBO tomoz.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105969

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sun 16 Jul 2017, 17:06

Ummmm, yeah.... the thing is I've watched this from the start, never missed an episode outside of a week or so's time from release, but I've always had a take or leave air about my thoughts on the programme, even though I've recognised its merits and big plus points.

Anyway, I must admit that this is the first time I've been excited about the series release. I've had such dogshit sleep, that I may just stay up to watch the simulcast at 2am. I've done it for cricket millions of times. Just has seemed a bit excessive for a programme.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Mon 17 Jul 2017, 04:17

Not a bad start. aces
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 17 Jul 2017, 04:21

Missed the start (read "first half") due to In-law dramas. Will have to catch the encore tonight.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 17 Jul 2017, 06:40

skully wrote:Missed the start (read "first half") due to In-law dramas.

Isn't that what GOT is about?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 17 Jul 2017, 15:38

S07E01.

Spoiler:
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 17 Jul 2017, 16:37

Arya's a bad man.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 17 Jul 2017, 21:18

Fair episode.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Mon 17 Jul 2017, 21:19

I forget. Did the last series reveal who Jon Snows real father is?
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 17 Jul 2017, 21:21

Big Dog wrote:I forget. Did the last series reveal who Jon Snows real father is?

About as much as the books did. The fact that Lyanna was being protected by the Kingsguard is an obvious spoiler.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Mon 17 Jul 2017, 22:14

Yeah, solid opener, so much to pick up on after the explosive (quite literally) end to S6 so felt we only saw a little bit of everyone really... how are they going to fit it all into 7 episodes this time around (and 6 next time)?

Expected they'd kill off at least a B-list named character but instead we saw the back of the whole remaining Frey clan Laughing Took me a while to work it out (flashback? Or did the Frey Bentos scene not really happen?) but got there soon enough...

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 18 Jul 2017, 12:36

Finally my avatar is relevant.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 18 Jul 2017, 19:13

Presumably Edmure Tully and his Frey wife weren't at the poisoning... if they can lay claim to The Twins it could help the Starks' cause.

I was waiting to see what happened after Bran and Meera were let into Castle Black but we didn't see them again this episode... expect he wouldn't know if any of his family were alive (and vice versa) unless his psychic powers can tell him that? As well as being the Three-Eyed Raven he's the legitimate Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, of course...

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 18 Jul 2017, 19:20

Is there anyone left at the Twins? And was the poisoning there or at Riverrun?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 18 Jul 2017, 19:25

It was at the Twins, wasn't there reference to it being the same hall as the Red Wedding (looked like it anyway).

Obviously Walder Frey's latest young wife survived, and the women were largely/wholly absent... like Tyrell and Martell/Sand the Freys may be an all-female organisation now!

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 18 Jul 2017, 19:48

beamer wrote:It was at the Twins, wasn't there reference to it being the same hall as the Red Wedding (looked like it anyway).

Obviously Walder Frey's latest young wife survived, and the women were largely/wholly absent... like Tyrell and Martell/Sand the Freys may be an all-female organisation now!

The last episode of series 6 Walder was bragging about being the ruler of Riverrun.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 18 Jul 2017, 19:57

taipan wrote:
beamer wrote:It was at the Twins, wasn't there reference to it being the same hall as the Red Wedding (looked like it anyway).

The last episode of series 6 Walder was bragging about being the ruler of Riverrun.
Well I think they took Riverrun from the Tullys after all but wiping them out, but kept relying on the Lannisters to defend it for them.

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 18 Jul 2017, 20:03

beamer wrote:
taipan wrote:

Well I think they took Riverrun from the Tullys after all but wiping them out, but kept relying on the Lannisters to defend it for them.

That's why Jaime was pissed off.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 18 Jul 2017, 20:09

Yeah, will have to watch 6.10 again to be sure, there were a lot of time jumps in that episode (teleporting Varys anyone?) and apparently will be similar in a faster paced S7 as well.

The Twins was the Freys' original home though, wherever this action took place, and they won't have abandoned it as it was the strategic river crossing that gave this weak upstart house the power it had. If they have now been decimated it will be up for grabs.

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next