Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (XII)

+12
Paul Keating
Fred Nerk
lardbucket
taipan
skully
Big Dog
Blackadder
Ethics? The Gall!
JGK
embee
Bradman
horace
16 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XII) - Page 20 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XII)

Post by Henry Wed 10 Aug 2016, 05:11

So the ABS says it was a "hack", and the government says "It wasn't a hack". Brilliant

The ABS also claims it was a hack from overseas, but not to worry because no one's personal information has been stolen, but they don't know who hacked them or where they hacked them from. But DEFINITELY no one's personal information has been stolen. Yep, i'm convinced......

This sounds like a dirty lie to me, when the most likely explanation is that the ABS website couldn't handle the huge volume of traffic that they had previously said wouldn't be a problem. They said it DEFINITELY wouldn't be a problem.....

And we're meant to trust these idiots???

This is going to be Turnbull's equivalent of the Bronwn Bishop 'helicopter-gate'- Public and media pressure will escalate, and eventually Turnbull will have to sack the people he is currently backing in the wake of this fiasco, and he'll come out of it looking weak.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XII) - Page 20 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XII)

Post by JGK Wed 10 Aug 2016, 05:22

The ABS probably don't know the difference between a hack and a denial of service.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 10 Aug 2016, 05:36

How much has this census cost taxpayers anyway? It's obviously going to have to be scrapped and done again in a few weeks/months via the old fashioned paper forms.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 10 Aug 2016, 06:19

JGK wrote:The ABS probably don't know the difference between a hack and a denial of service.

Exactly my reaction. The statement has "cover-up" scribbled all over it. A hack that overloads a server ("a denial of service") is still a hack. The Minister was made to look a complete pleb by his staff writers.

Apparently* there were 3 attacks through the arvo but the ABS only decided to act when the 4th wave hit in the evening.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105977
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 10 Aug 2016, 06:27

embee wrote:you have until Sep 23 to lodge the census ...that's a lot of time down the pub qmy

Yeah. Makes a bit of a mockery of doing it on the night. I'm not going to go the electronic route again and will wait for someone to send out a census form. I'd normally treat this with the importance it deserves but their incompetence is not becoming my problem.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 10 Aug 2016, 06:32

Sure has "clusterfark" written all over it.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 10 Aug 2016, 06:38

Big picture in the dictionary etc.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 10 Aug 2016, 07:05

For those interested in such matters, the Guardian has just published some significant leaks about the Nauru internment camp.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 10 Aug 2016, 07:46

horace wrote:For those interested in such matters, the Guardian has just published some significant leaks about the Nauru internment camp.

Doesn't make pleasant reading.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 10 Aug 2016, 07:48

taipan wrote:
horace wrote:For those interested in such matters, the Guardian has just published some significant leaks about the Nauru internment camp.

It's OK though - 99% of Australians will stick their fingers in their ears and chant "la la la"...

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 10 Aug 2016, 15:41

JGK wrote:
taipan wrote:

It's OK though - 99% of Australians will stick their fingers in their ears and chant "la la la"...

Spot on JGK.

Howard, Reith (remember the lies about kids overboard), Gillard and the various alp nobs involved in offshore processing decisions), the MM and his mate InCredlinous, ScumMo, Dutton etc plus federal bureaucrats, let alone Wilson Security should all be subject to an inquiry....

Chances of that happening are the same as potential Inquires into Australia's role in the invasion of Iraq or spying on East Timor for the benefit of Woodside and Downer, ie zero.

Even the poms had the Chilcott Inquiry.

horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 16 Aug 2016, 04:10

Pauline Hanson on the decision by the ATO to install some squat toilets in their Box Hill Office:

“The question I pose is if they can’t work out how to use a Westernised toilet, how are they expected to work out our tax system and give advice to ordinary Australians?”

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 19 Aug 2016, 22:29

Politics in Oz look oddly remote.

link to Guardian article

I agree with much in the article but remain in wonder at the the author's failure to mention the numbers of asylum seekers/illegal migrants who arrive by plane from NZ, Pomgolia, South Africa and Zimbabwe etc.

Imagine the outcry if whites were consigned to the Nauru gulag.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Sat 20 Aug 2016, 00:19

Anyone else had someone pop in to see if you did the census?
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 20 Aug 2016, 14:05

I finally got a reply from ABS telling me I am ineligible.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sat 20 Aug 2016, 22:10

horace wrote:I finally got a reply from ABS telling me I am ineligible.

We've been saying you don't count for years. groucho
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 20 Aug 2016, 22:38

Better than not being able to count.

Tas the chilly counterpart of Chipland.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Sun 21 Aug 2016, 01:41

Jesus horrie they only count people at a given address. What made you think you might be eligible in the first place?
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 21 Aug 2016, 06:06

Bradman wrote:

Jesus horrie they only count people at a given address.  What made you think you might be eligible in the first place?

Haha...Well I do have a couple of mail addresses.

Thought about setting one up in Cuba. T'is my type of place. Plenty of good historical materialists and of course damn fine rum and cigars. However I have no secrets to sweeten the deal of obtaining citizenship. Besides I find it disturbing Govt has not cracked down on religioids.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 26 Aug 2016, 08:01

some great puns here - many are FB like - especially in the comments posted under the cartoon

First Dog on the Moon

horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 27 Aug 2016, 20:42

Greens give SHY the arse from Immigration

"SARAH Hanson-Young has been stripped from her high-profile immigration portfolio in a Greens reshuffle.

Senator Hanson-Young — who was spied on and codenamed “The Raven” by security agencies on a visit to Nauru in 2013 — will be replaced by Tasmania’s Nick McKim.

She has been a fierce advocate for a more compassionate immigration policy and been highly critical of the boat turn-back policy and offshore processing favoured by Labor and the Coalition.

Instead she takes on the finance and trade portfolio, as well as overseeing the Murray Darling Basin."

-----------------------------------------

Huzzah, no more of her lemon-lipped whining about treatment of boaties.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sat 27 Aug 2016, 22:31

skully wrote:Greens give SHY the arse from Immigration

"SARAH Hanson-Young has been stripped from her high-profile immigration portfolio in a Greens reshuffle.

Senator Hanson-Young — who was spied on and codenamed “The Raven” by security agencies on a visit to Nauru in 2013 — will be replaced by Tasmania’s Nick McKim.

She has been a fierce advocate for a more compassionate immigration policy and been highly critical of the boat turn-back policy and offshore processing favoured by Labor and the Coalition.

Instead she takes on the finance and trade portfolio, as well as overseeing the Murray Darling Basin."

-----------------------------------------

Huzzah, no more of her lemon-lipped whining about treatment of boaties.

'Shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic'..
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 28 Aug 2016, 15:31

Greens and Browns in disarray...

Toxic Tony lining up a challenge
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 28 Aug 2016, 21:01

I see SHY has the shits about her dumping from the Green Immigration portfolio. PMSL.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 29 Aug 2016, 03:13

So looks like no SSM plebiscite then.

Stoopid from the ALP - either that or they are playing politics over the issue.

It now means we'll continue to hear about SSM until the next election.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next