Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

+13
WideWally
Paul Keating
Red
lardbucket
beamer
embee
Big Dog
horace
taipan
Bradman
skully
JGK
Fred Nerk
17 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII) - Page 2 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by Bradman Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:19 pm

Actually did the mildly berobed but wigless ones give a date for this farce to be over?
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII) - Page 2 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by Bradman Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:27 pm

Actually did the mildly berobed but wigless ones give a date for this farce to be over?
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:27 pm

Another Labor millstone

"Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has admitted it was a "big mistake" to set up a new company to build the National Broadband Network, adding that Labor left the Coalition a "calamitous train wreck".

Mr Turnbull was questioned about the NBN this morning after Four Corners reported the troubled rollout was creating a digital divide across Australia, with some households saddled with older technology such as copper phone wire and pay TV cables, and unable to access the high speeds they are paying for.

The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman also revealed an almost 160 per cent increase in NBN complaints over the past financial year. "

----------------------------------------

Stephen Conroy and Greg Combet's "back of the envelope" scheme. What a shemozzle.  Rolling Eyes

And there's a very strong chance the voters will put the Pinkos back in power in a couple of years, FFS. God help us.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:37 pm

Astro Boy has charges upgraded

"A charge against the Hobart DJ accused of headbutting former prime minister Tony Abbott has been upgraded to one that carries a 10-year jail term.

Astro Labe, 38, was charged with common assault after a September 21 incident on Hobart's waterfront.

The charge has now been amended to causing harm to a Commonwealth public official.

Mr Labe appeared briefly in the Hobart Magistrates Court on Monday morning.

He did not enter a plea and his bail was continued.

At the time of the incident, Mr Abbott told the media the attacker was wearing a "Vote Yes" badge."

------------------------------------------------

He looks like a rad red lefty dickhead arseclown.

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII) - Page 2 Astro-labe-636x397
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:44 pm

Looks more like one of abotts suppoerters from the national front.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:55 pm

Spot on Braddles. Looks like one of Jones' Bondi Bra Boys.

btw Skully it was Truffles who farked the bbn when he was Comms Minister. The MM and Downer would not let him spend. Still what does it matter? This is such a dumbarse joint and pawn seems to be the top of the pops in this country.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:57 pm

skully wrote:Astro Boy has charges upgraded

"A charge against the Hobart DJ accused of headbutting former prime minister Tony Abbott has been upgraded to one that carries a 10-year jail term.

Astro Labe, 38, was charged with common assault after a September 21 incident on Hobart's waterfront.

The charge has now been amended to causing harm to a Commonwealth public official.

Mr Labe appeared briefly in the Hobart Magistrates Court on Monday morning.

He did not enter a plea and his bail was continued.

At the time of the incident, Mr Abbott told the media the attacker was wearing a "Vote Yes" badge."

------------------------------------------------

He looks like a rad red lefty dickhead arseclown.

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII) - Page 2 Astro-labe-636x397

38 my arse.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:00 pm

skully wrote:Another Labor millstone

"Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has admitted it was a "big mistake" to set up a new company to build the National Broadband Network, adding that Labor left the Coalition a "calamitous train wreck".

Mr Turnbull was questioned about the NBN this morning after Four Corners reported the troubled rollout was creating a digital divide across Australia, with some households saddled with older technology such as copper phone wire and pay TV cables, and unable to access the high speeds they are paying for.

The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman also revealed an almost 160 per cent increase in NBN complaints over the past financial year. "

Stephen Conroy and Greg Combet's "back of the envelope" scheme. What a shemozzle.  Rolling Eyes

And there's a very strong chance the voters will put the Pinkos back in power in a couple of years, FFS. God help us.

The biggest problem was the stoopid constraint to have it "off budget" and that everyone in Aust got it. That stuffed up any opportunity the NBN had of being a genuine nation-advancing project. FTTP for every city and town with a population of over, say, 30,000 (ie Devonport) would have been a great outcome.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:14 pm

When was the last time this country had a bipartisan nation building project and when does this schmozzle start to show up in the current account?
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:26 pm

Bradman wrote:When was the last time this country had a bipartisan  nation building project and when does this schmozzle start to show up in the current account?

The carbon tax was bipartisan. Sadly it wasn't the two main parties.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:30 pm

Hehehe. Actually the Greens would probably disagree.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:32 pm

JGK wrote:
skully wrote:Another Labor millstone

The biggest problem was the stoopid constraint to have it "off budget" and that everyone in Aust got it.   That stuffed up any opportunity the NBN had of being a genuine nation-advancing project.   FTTP for every city and town with a population of over, say,  30,000 (ie Devonport) would have been a great outcome.

And whose decision was that??? Hmmm??
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:37 pm

The NBN has finally been switched on in my area & my ISP has sent me a new modem but i'm hesitant to use it given the problems.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:51 pm

The head of the nbn is on the drum atm explaining they're gouging metro oz to make it cheaper for the rest of us.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:08 pm

Big Dog wrote:The NBN has finally been switched on in my area & my ISP has sent me a new modem but i'm hesitant to use it given the problems.

My Mum has the NBN on and has had no problems, so connect away, Mr Dog. The big issue I see emerging is that all land lines will eventually go through NBN routers, and when there is a blackout, you lose your phone. Old landlines were self-powered.

Not such a massive problem if you have a mobile signal, but the older generation ("I don't want one of those new fangled mobile phones, thanks") may have dramas.

I am currently very happy with my broadband service, but fear that once the NBN is connected in my area (2019) I may have to pay more for an inferior service.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:54 am

NBN is shit, and insecure.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:07 pm

skully wrote:
Big Dog wrote:The NBN has finally been switched on in my area & my ISP has sent me a new modem but i'm hesitant to use it given the problems.

My Mum has the NBN on and has had no problems, so connect away, Mr Dog. The big issue I see emerging is that all land lines will eventually go through NBN routers, and when there is a blackout, you lose your phone. Old landlines were self-powered.

Not such a massive problem if you have a mobile signal, but the older generation ("I don't want one of those new fangled mobile phones, thanks") may have dramas.

I am currently very happy with my broadband service, but fear that once the NBN is connected in my area (2019) I may have to pay more for an inferior service.

Anyone remember how to use a telex machine?
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:38 pm

Bradman wrote:When was the last time this country had a bipartisan nation building project and when does this schmozzle start to show up in the current account?

They are only bipartisan in tugging the forelock to USA when it comes to nation wrecking, eg ljh and Beasley on Iraq.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:57 pm

High Court to announce rulings on dual citizenship on Friday.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:20 pm

Will be interestin, esp re Barnaby. He has been unusually quiet of late.

By the way the bownies are as useless at implentation as the radishes.... Think NBN and Traineeship and RTO sector rorts of late. And Skully"s fave - the Pink Batts from the radish days.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:17 pm

Stimulated the economy and less problems per install than was the norm.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:25 pm

Bradman wrote:Stimulated the economy and less problems per install than was the norm.

Tories don't do facts.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:00 pm

horace wrote:By the way the bownies are as useless at implentation as the radishes.... Think NBN and Traineeship and RTO sector rorts of late. And Skully"s fave - the Pink Batts from the radish days.

No argument from me, h. The Libs have been quite appalling under Turncoat. It's dismal and dismaying.

At least with Abbott at the helm there was some policy, fight and direction.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:24 pm

I'd sort of agree if you mean ta as opp leader. As pm not so much.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:29 pm

JGK wrote:
Bradman wrote:Stimulated the economy and less problems per install than was the norm.

Tories don't do facts.

They don't need to, Rupert hands it down like jc on the mount...........amongst other things.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next