Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

+13
WideWally
Paul Keating
Red
lardbucket
beamer
embee
Big Dog
horace
taipan
Bradman
skully
JGK
Fred Nerk
17 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII) - Page 40 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by JGK Thu 23 Aug 2018, 22:04

skully wrote:Apparently* the Dutton camp has 40 signatures and another 8 who say they'll vote for him but refuse to put their names down.

It all might be a fizzer tomorrow if Turncoat sticks to his word of allowing a party room meeting only if he sees 43 signatures. No 43 sigs, no meeting, no spill.

The Cowardly 8.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII) - Page 40 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by JGK Thu 23 Aug 2018, 22:28

skully wrote:The Death Stare is favourite at 1.25.

That'd be funny. Dutton does all the running but the Deputy takes the prize.

I could live with Bishop as the PM. I reckon she might maintain a big popularity gap over Shortarse and attract the female vote. Dutton has no chance in either.

The problem with J Bish is that she would be more of the same so the RWNJs in the Tories won't have their idealogical itch scratched.   That is, nothing will change other than she might conceivably win them an election and then they'll roll her.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 23 Aug 2018, 22:43

Meh, I'd take an election win.

Anything to stop that fraud Shortarse becoming PM.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105941
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 24 Aug 2018, 06:36

So Mr Dog and Skully, as the resident crusty conservatives here, what are your preferred outcomes for the day in Canberra?

horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Fri 24 Aug 2018, 08:10

horace wrote:So Mr Dog and Skully, as the resident crusty conservatives here, what are your preferred outcomes for the day in Canberra?

Libs were dead in the water anyway so it really doesnt matter who leads.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 24 Aug 2018, 08:14

Meanwhile Gillard, who has kept very quiet over the years was at a conference in Melbourne yesterday.

One comment reported in the Guardian that will amuse our resident crusties was,

'She (Gillard) said she had been conscious to step back from politics after losing the leadership, which had “required some biting of my bottom lip”, and recalled a phone call from the former prime minister, Paul Keating, one day after she lost the leadership.

“‘We all get taken out in a box, love,’” Gillard recalled Keating telling her. “I thought: ‘If that’s supposed to make me feel better, Paul, I’m not sure you’ve quite hit the mark."
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 24 Aug 2018, 08:27

Big Dog wrote:
horace wrote:So Mr Dog and Skully, as the resident crusty conservatives here, what are your preferred outcomes for the day in Canberra?

The Libs had been improving in recent polls, but after the past two weeks I agree they are a floater. Whether it is a floater for the coroner or one that will be flushed come the next election is now an open question.

I think lots of decent Tory folk like you, Skully and fffs even Embee and Bodyline should join the Tories and broaden the base and knock off the extremists. Your State tory machine for example is controlled by Erics Anazi. Erics has a singular extremist view on pretty much everything and does not tolerate dissent within his own party. Not only are such people dangerous but they for the moment are out of step with most potential Tory voters. The future of your Party and arguably Oz itself is at risk. So sign up Mr Dog.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Fri 24 Aug 2018, 08:32

horace wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

The Libs had been improving in recent polls, but after the past two weeks I agree they are a floater. Whether it is a floater for the coroner or one that will be flushed come the next election is now an open question.

I think lots of decent Tory folk like you, Skully and fffs even Embee and Bodyline should join the Tories and broaden the base and knock off the extremists. Your State tory machine for example is controlled by Erics Anazi. Erics has a singular extremist view on pretty much everything and does not tolerate dissent within his own party. Not only are such people dangerous but they for the moment are out of step with most potential Tory voters. The future of your Party and arguably Oz itself is at risk. So sign up Mr Dog.

Oh dear Laughing
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri 24 Aug 2018, 08:51

I'd vote for them if they pick Sco Mo

Bishop might save a few seats ...but who would be her loyal deputy

Voldemort would be an absolute ****** disaster (and if he is popular with voters then we are all truly ****** as a country)
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26208
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 24 Aug 2018, 09:16

Big Dog wrote:

A spill, with J-Bish winning, purely because she's the one most likely to give the LNP the best result at the next election. But I agree with Mr Dog - the Blues are farked no matter who's boss.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 24 Aug 2018, 09:18

horace wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

I was actually asked to join the Libs back in my 20s. I had better things to do at the time and was more of a swinging voter back then anyway. Hell I voted for Bob Hawke and even the Greens at one election, FFS!!!
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 24 Aug 2018, 09:56

Aunty reporting that AG has cleared Dutton AND he has 43 sigs , so it looks like the spill is on.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 24 Aug 2018, 10:10

Not exactly cleared. The SG has conceded there is a risk the High Court may take an alternate view.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 24 Aug 2018, 10:30

embee wrote:

I'd vote for them if they pick Sco Mo

Bishop might save a few seats ...but who would be her loyal deputy

Voldemort would be an absolute ****** disaster (and if he is popular with voters then we are all truly ****** as a country)

Sage, especially re the last two paras. Sco Mo is detested by the far right for selling out Abbott. The latter would go ballistic. I cannot see him getting up.

Bishop, after Truffles, is plausible although her role in asbestosis and mesothelioma cases would be highlighted. As would the historical influence of Coulter.

But she has a pleasant personality, a sense of humour (rare in these times), a good intellect and can sell policy. Over a long time she has proved her loyalty to her Party and its historic broad church mantra. She would also help save the furniture in Vic, NSW, SA and WA. However she is a moderate in Lib terms and a woman, ie double anathema to the extremists.

Your point about a loyal Deputy for her is telling. I'd suggest Tudge, who is bright, ambitious and from the far right. Whether he is tough enough to keep werewolves like the MM who have the taste for blood at bay is open to question.

Agree with your comments about the other candidate.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 24 Aug 2018, 11:14

horace wrote:Not exactly cleared. The SG has conceded there is a risk the High Court may take an alternate view.

I hardly think Turncoat will stall until the next sitting of parliament to have Dutton sent to the High Court.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 24 Aug 2018, 11:20

skully wrote:
horace wrote:Not exactly cleared. The SG has conceded there is a risk the High Court may take an alternate view.

I hardly think Turncoat will stall until the next sitting of parliament to have Dutton sent to the High Court.

Yep - the whole point was to put doubt in the mind of the partyroom voters who now might think "shit, if he is the PM will spend the entire next 6 months asking why we are not going to the HCt".

-------

https://flamingbails.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=16427

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40