Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

+13
WideWally
Paul Keating
Red
lardbucket
beamer
embee
Big Dog
horace
taipan
Bradman
skully
JGK
Fred Nerk
17 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII) - Page 38 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by JGK Tue 21 Aug 2018, 08:34

skully wrote:Abbott missed out on his PM pension because he was a less-than-one-term PM. I'm sure that's part of his bitterness towards Turncoat.

Fake news apparently.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/tony-abbotts-pension-the-myth-that-wont-die-20150925-gjv14d.html

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII) - Page 38 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by JGK Tue 21 Aug 2018, 08:48

The voting breakdown - some surprising names of both sides.

TURNBULL (48 votes)
Malcolm Turnbull
Alex Hawke
Andrew Laming
Ann Sudmalis
Anne Ruston
Chris Crewther
Christian Porter
Christopher Pyne
Craig Laundy
Dan Tehan
David Coleman
Ian Goodenough
Ian Macdonald
Jane Hume
Jane Prentice
Jason Falinski
John Alexander
John McVeigh
Jonathan Duniam
Josh Frydenberg
Julia Banks
Julian Leeser
Julie Bishop
Kelly O’Dwyer
Ken Wyatt
Linda Reynolds
Lucy Gichuhi
Lucy Wicks
Marise Payne
Mathias Cormann
Melissa Price
Michaelia Cash
Mitch Fifield
Nola Marino
Paul Fletcher
Richard Colbeck
Rowan Ramsey
Russell Broadbent
Sarah Henderson
Scott Morrison
Scott Ryan
Simon Birmingham
Slade Brockman
Steven Irons
Stuart Robert
Tim Wilson
Trent Zimmerman
Trevor Evans

DUTTON (35 votes)
Peter Dutton
Alan Tudge
Amanda Stoker
Andrew Hastie
Andrew Laming
Andrew Wallace
Angus Taylor
Ben Morton
Bert van Manen
Concetta Fierravanti-Wells
Craig Kelly
David Bushby
David Fawcett
Dean Smith
Eric Abetz
Greg Hunt
James McGrath
James Paterson
Jason Wood
Jim Molan
Karen Andrews
Kevin Andrews
Luke Howarth
Michael Keenan
Michael Sukkar
Nicolle Flint
Rick Wilson
Ross Vasta
Scott Buchholz
Steve Ciobo
Sussan Ley
Ted O’Brien
Tony Abbott
Tony Pasin
Zed Seselja

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 21 Aug 2018, 09:55

Just saw that in the erstwhile broadsheet. There was an absentee too. Wonder when the next spill will be.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 21 Aug 2018, 10:07

JGK wrote:
skully wrote:Abbott missed out on his PM pension because he was a less-than-one-term PM. I'm sure that's part of his bitterness towards Turncoat.

Fake news apparently.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/tony-abbotts-pension-the-myth-that-wont-die-20150925-gjv14d.html

Cheers MrK.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 21 Aug 2018, 10:08

Red wrote:Just saw that in the erstwhile broadsheet. There was an absentee too.  Wonder when the next spill will be.

Not long, I would think. Give it a couple more shit 2PP poll results for the LNP.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 22 Aug 2018, 11:16

It's on again.   The Tories are trying to get a petition for another spill tonight but it looks like they are too late. 

That gives Malcolm time to call an election at dawn.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 22 Aug 2018, 11:50

And now the ALP release a QC advice that Dutton is ineligible to sit in Parliament because of his blind trusts ownership of child care centres which receive direct government assistance.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 22 Aug 2018, 13:26

Why the hell didnt Turnbull call an election immediately after yesterday’s spill? Is he really so naive to think that the result yesterday left things done and dusted? Reports were emerging in the MINUTES after that spill that Dutton was lining up another challenge in a matter of days if not hours. As far as I know, he as PM and he alone can go to the GG and call an election at any time.

Perhaps Turnbull has just given up and doesn’t care anymore? The ‘jellyfish’ nickname will never leave him.....
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 22 Aug 2018, 21:29

Its all about the culture wars. Albrechtson in the Oz slated Truffles for not appearing enough on Sky's Jim Murray (36k watchers) and for preferring the ABC's Leigh Sales (600k watchers).

If Dutton gets up, Truffles and possibly others will resign from Parliament, enabling Shorten the numbers in Parlt to go to the GG to call an election.

I hope Truffles then invests wisely in community action to knock the MM off from his seat.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 23 Aug 2018, 00:02

The era of the Potato-Head famine is due to commence from today.

Just like the Irish famine where no priest starved to death, the Mad Monk will feast royally at the Captain's table again (tho he will be the sergeant this time).
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 23 Aug 2018, 00:18

Link for Skully to article about Hadley and Spudhead Famine farking up.

Duffer Hadley and Spudhead playing games
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 23 Aug 2018, 00:40

Cormann just announcing at a presser that he has informed Turncoat that he no long has majority support and asked for a Party room meeting to resolve the leadership.

Only a matter of time now until Dutton is the new PM.

And I see h is salivating about it above. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 23 Aug 2018, 00:42

So I expect Abbott will return to the front bench.

I wonder what Turncoat will do. Immediately retire to a life on a yacht?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Thu 23 Aug 2018, 00:42

FFS

The fact that anyone outside of Voldemort's immediate family thinks he should be PM is disturbing  

He makes Shorten seem likable
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 23 Aug 2018, 00:43

I agree, A. The "we prefer Turncoat to Shortarse" line of thinking in the electorate was the only thing keeping the LNP within cooee of the Pinkos.

Landslide coming up in the next Fed Election.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 23 Aug 2018, 01:07

I've said it before, but I am aghast at the LNP's complete lack of "feel" for the mood of the people. The Pinkos do it so much better and play to it.

Whoever is advising the Blues on their public image and how to manage it needs to be shot.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 23 Aug 2018, 01:23

skully wrote:I agree, A. The "we prefer Turncoat to Shortarse" line of thinking in the electorate was the only thing keeping the LNP within cooee of the Pinkos.

Landslide coming up in the next Fed Election.

The Reichstag is burning. There will be a national emergency declared and elections will be postponed.

We will need to show Samoa that the build-up of their motorised canoes is a threat to regional peace and that East Timor needs to be brought to heel. Cue hard man MM to run Defence.

Round up all those of Sudanese background and anyone who has been a union member or donated to Get Up. Senator Anazi will be in charge of State Security and who could contest the SS could be in safer or more knowledgable hands.

Shortpants will cross the floor and join the blackshirts in a government of national unity in a time of crisis.

The IPA will replace the Productivity Commission. Unions will be outlawed. Herr Cormann will be Minister for Wage Reductions.

Kevin Andrews will be Minister for Catholic teaching in schools and elimination of public funding for Abortions. He will insist charges against paedos be dropped. Pell is his nominee for GG.

The ABC will be sold to Murdoch.

But then it is all here in Oz.... it could not happen here in the lazy and fatuous country.

horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 23 Aug 2018, 01:25

skully wrote:I've said it before, but I am aghast at the LNP's complete lack of "feel" for the mood of the people. The Pinkos do it so much better and play to it.

Whoever is advising the Blues on their public image and how to manage it needs to be shot.

Please delete your post Skully. I am worried for your safety.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 23 Aug 2018, 01:34

scratch
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 23 Aug 2018, 01:46

skully wrote:scratch

your last sentence S. They are no longer the blues or browns, they are the black shirts.

Truffles announces he's standing down.

Meanwhile in a humorous sidelight, Sco Mo (the fellow who speaks in tongues) has announced he will will run against Spudhead Famine.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 23 Aug 2018, 01:55

Hmmn.  Sco Mo v Spudhead Famine.

Well there was the Manchurian Candidate movie.

But in Oz we have the Hillsong Candidate v the Terry Lewis candidate.

Apologies to overseas readers.

Sco Mo is Scott Morrison, current Treasurer in the national government. Spudhead Famine is Peter Dutton, a multi millionaire former Queensland policeman.

"Hillsong" is a born again extreme right wing religious outfit. "Terry Lewis" was a former head of the Queensland Police Force who was gaoled for corruption.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 23 Aug 2018, 02:11

Decent analysis of the likely timing of the next election by Antony Green on Aunty's News channel just now.

For all sorts of valid reasons including upcoming State elections (Vic in Nov, NSW in Mar), summer breaks, lack of press secretaries in the current chaos, etc, etc, he believes Dutton (or whoever is the PM) won't be able to call a Fed Election until May next year. An election must be held no later than May 18 next year.

I guess that will give us time to gauge the size of the Pinko landslide. Ugh.

The Pinkos might be able to get the Deficit up to a $Trill quite easily within their next term in power.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 23 Aug 2018, 02:18

Meanwhile, this from Twitter:

"Peter Dutton would actively harm the Liberal Party’s vote if made leader, according to a ReachTel poll conducted on Wednesday night.

The poll of 2,430 voters found that 55.5% would be less likely to vote for the Liberals if Dutton becomes leader, compared with 22.9% who would be more likely and 21.5% who say it wouldn’t change their vote.

In fact, a majority in all age groups and sexes would be less likely to vote Liberal. Women in particular seem to dislike Dutton - 57% would be less likely to vote Liberal. Young people aged 18-34 are most opposed (57.6%)".

-----------------------------------------------------

AS I've said, the LNP has no clue at reading the electorate. banghead

Maybe the Assassin, BD and I should offer our services to the dimwits. They certainly need some sort of Committee for Understanding the Mood of the Stable Headed Of The Electorate.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 23 Aug 2018, 02:28

So it's likely to be Dumbo v Voldemorte in the next Fed Election. suicide
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 23 Aug 2018, 02:49

Skully - the next election does not have to happen until late next year. I can remember voting in Mexico City in July 2016.

As I said I expect there will be no election.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next