Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aussie cricketer allegedly calls Moeen "Osama"

+5
JGK
Nath
skully
embee
beamer
9 posters

Go down

Aussie cricketer allegedly calls Moeen "Osama" Empty Aussie cricketer allegedly calls Moeen "Osama"

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2018, 11:50

Assuming it's true, is there any possible world where it isn't David Warner?

Back to top Go down

Aussie cricketer allegedly calls Moeen "Osama" Empty Re: Aussie cricketer allegedly calls Moeen "Osama"

Post by beamer Sat 15 Sep 2018, 12:44

Why the actual crap didn't this come out 3 years ago, if it is true? He should have left the field until the issue was resolved. (That or just tw@tted him, if it was Warner) Wink

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Aussie cricketer allegedly calls Moeen "Osama" Empty Re: Aussie cricketer allegedly calls Moeen "Osama"

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2018, 13:29

Apparently he said "Part-timer" not "Osama".

Remind you of anything?

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Sat 15 Sep 2018, 13:39

vilkrang wrote:Apparently he said "Part-timer" not "Osama".

Remind you of anything?
Mark Clattenburg/Jon Obi Mikel incident?

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sat 15 Sep 2018, 13:53

It was probably Terry Markey

embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sat 15 Sep 2018, 13:58

I checked the WAToday site to check what this topic was about

The following article was about Moeen Ali ....note the lack of Osama/Part timer references

Shit Ozzie media in action

England all-rounder Moeen Ali has claimed the Australian side under former skipper Steve Smith was rude and lacked respect.

The 31-year-old's struggles with bat and ball on the Ashes tour last year were a major reason for England's 4-0 defeat and led to him being dropped for the first time in his career at the conclusion of the series.

Regarded as one of the more reserved and polite players in the England side, Ali admits the pressure of a first overseas Ashes series got to him but said the abuse meted out to him on the field took him aback.

"Everyone you speak to ... they are the only team I've played against my whole life that I've actually disliked," Ali told The Times newspaper in London.

"Not because it's Australia and they are the old enemy but because of the way they carry on and [their] disrespect of people and players."

Ali, who played a major role in England's 4-1 series win over India after being recalled to the side, also feels no sympathy for banned trio David Warner, Smith and Cameron Bancroft.

"I'm someone who generally feels sorry for people when things go wrong but it's difficult to feel sorry for them," he said.

"The first game I ever played against them, in Sydney, just before the 2015 World Cup, they were not just going hard at you, they were almost abusing you.

"That was the first time it hit me. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but the more I played against them they were just as bad, the Ashes here [in 2015] they were worse actually.

"Not intimidating, just rude. Individually they are fine and the Aussies we've had at Worcester have been fantastic, lovely guys."

Ali admits he struggled against Nathan Lyon during the Ashes and said the hostile environment created by the hosts paid off.

"I found it very difficult in Australia to switch off," he said.

"It was my first Ashes tour and I was desperate to do well and was really looking forward to it.

"I worked so hard on the short ball before the series began, maybe too hard.

"Then [Nathan] Lyon kept getting me out. I found that very hard to deal with. I never thought that I was a poor player of spin but I really struggled against him.

I wasn't getting any wickets either. Things just got tougher and tougher."

AAP
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 16 Sep 2018, 09:49

Perhaps Moeen misheard an Aussie player saying he was "alarmed" at how poorly the lefty played Elmer.

An Aussie cricket team reported as being rude and disrespectful? That's hardly breaking news. shrug
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105990
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Sun 16 Sep 2018, 11:51

maybe we should stick with 'classy' Aussie insults like "d!ckbrain" and "f*ckhead".
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11984
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 16 Sep 2018, 12:43

Is "Osama" offensive?

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 16 Sep 2018, 12:43

An absent friend reckons Moeen definitely misheard "you've played shithouse ALL-SUMMER".

I think he nailed it.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Sun 16 Sep 2018, 22:35

JGK wrote:Is "Osama" offensive?
Well, if that happens to be someone’s actual name, no... but if you’re using it to someone who is Muslim to associate them with a terrorist, I don’t know how you could argue that it wasn’t.

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Mon 17 Sep 2018, 00:46

Has Moeen stated why it took him three years to be offended?
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 17 Sep 2018, 04:21

It didnt take 3 years to be offended

He reported it at the time

The ozzies played the Terry Markey card and they got on with playing cricket

He's now trying to sell a book and hes using it as an example of why he thinks the Oz team are/were a bunch of arseholes

GCS Twatto and Midge are my main suspects for the sledge ...and we wouldnt be surprised if it was one of them ...although coming up with the Osama/Part Timer excuse is probably beyond their IQs ...so maybe they did say part timer
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 17 Sep 2018, 05:36

embee wrote:It didnt take 3 years to be offended

He reported it at the time

The ozzies played the Terry Markey card and they got on with playing cricket  

He's now trying to sell a book and hes using it as an example of why he thinks the Oz team are/were a bunch of arseholes

GCS Twatto and Midge are my main suspects for the sledge ...and we wouldnt be surprised if it was one of them  ...although coming up with the Osama/Part Timer excuse is probably beyond their IQs ...so maybe they did say part timer    

It wouldn't be Warner. He punched Root for disrespecting Amla.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 17 Sep 2018, 05:59

skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 17 Sep 2018, 07:01

I agree with skulls. An aussie team acting like thunderqunts is hardly news. And also with whoever mentioned the intellect involved. I don't think this team shares a brain cell between them.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 17 Sep 2018, 08:23

They are all so sheltered from real world events they wouldnt know Osama was President of the US
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 17 Sep 2018, 08:27

The excuses are beginning to remind me of monkeygate
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2018, 10:33

taipan wrote:The excuses are beginning to remind me of monkeygate
My thoughts exactly.
vilkrang wrote:Apparently he said "Part-timer" not "Osama".

Remind you of anything?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Mon 17 Sep 2018, 10:42

Not 'Osama' but 'Ohawa' like I was calling him all last summer

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8823
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down