Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone seen any good movies recently?

+41
OP Tipping
Lindsay no.2
Ethics? The Gall!
embee
G.Wood
horace
Chivalry Augustus
Mick Sawyer
Big Dog
tricycle
Red
Anthony_Gonzales
Henry
Ash
philcric
The One
Zat
taipan
lardbucket
JGK
PeterCS
Rachel
Nath
Paul Keating
tac
filosofee
Winkle Spinner
skully
Merlin
furriner
JKLever
eowyn
Batman
W G GRACE
JB
Makaveli
Lara Lara Laughs
doremi
spangler
Brass Monkey
LeFromage
45 posters

Page 17 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Go down

Anyone seen any good movies recently? - Page 17 Empty Re: Anyone seen any good movies recently?

Post by taipan Sat 17 Dec 2016, 13:45

Was thinking about the new Star Wars but only appears to be in 3D around here. What about those of us that wish to watch 2D.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Anyone seen any good movies recently? - Page 17 Empty Re: Anyone seen any good movies recently?

Post by taipan Sat 17 Dec 2016, 18:05

taipan wrote:
Big Dog wrote:Saw Fantastic Beasts yesterday. Movie started well but then got lost in its own storyline. Lack of character development left you feeling you missed something. Too much CGI left me feeling underwhelmed somehow. Not a patch on Harry Potter. Disappointing movie.

Might go watch this weekend.

Finally found it in 2D and have booked for tomorrow.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 19 Dec 2016, 08:18

taipan wrote:
taipan wrote:
Big Dog wrote:Saw Fantastic Beasts yesterday. Movie started well but then got lost in its own storyline. Lack of character development left you feeling you missed something. Too much CGI left me feeling underwhelmed somehow. Not a patch on Harry Potter. Disappointing movie.

Might go watch this weekend.

Finally found it in 2D and have booked for tomorrow.

I enjoyed it. sure the characters will be fleshed out in number 2.

Only problem was a kid playing on smartphone. After 5 minutes I got out of my seat and crapped him out. Solved the problem.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Thu 22 Dec 2016, 08:26

taipan wrote:Was thinking about the new Star Wars but only appears to be in 3D around here. What about those of us that wish to watch 2D.

Going to watch it tomorrow. Local flea pit has a seniors session where i flash my seniors card & get a $10 discount. Sweet.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 22 Dec 2016, 08:29

Big Dog wrote:
taipan wrote:Was thinking about the new Star Wars but only appears to be in 3D around here. What about those of us that wish to watch 2D.

Going to watch it tomorrow. Local flea pit has a seniors session where i flash my seniors card & get a $10 discount. Sweet.

How much is a normal ticket?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Thu 22 Dec 2016, 08:32

taipan wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

2D is about $19. More for 3D.

Last edited by Big Dog on Thu 22 Dec 2016, 08:35; edited 1 time in total
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 22 Dec 2016, 08:35

Big Dog wrote:
taipan wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

2D is about $19.

I see the 2D is opening tomorrow at R57
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sat 24 Dec 2016, 05:54

Watched Rogue One yesterday. Pretty much more of the same as far as Star Wars stories go. All new lead characters although some of the previous characters make brief cameos. Plenty of special effects. Worth a look but don't expect anything special.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 26 Dec 2016, 13:37

Saw Rogue One tonight. Perfectly fine, I didn't love the Cushing CGI (it reminded me of Beowulf from a few years ago). Still, lots of homage to Ep 4 (and Ep 3) so all good.

The only downside for me was Darth Vader's hella gay walk when he met the Ben Mendelohn character.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 27 Dec 2016, 08:05

After a half hour fight with their shitty app I finally managed to book two half price tickets for today.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Tue 27 Dec 2016, 08:14

taipan wrote:After a half hour fight with their shitty app I finally managed to book two half price tickets for today.

I was wrong about my discount. It was $11.00. I ended up only paying $8.00 Very Happy
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 27 Dec 2016, 08:29

Big Dog wrote:
taipan wrote:After a half hour fight with their shitty app I finally managed to book two half price tickets for today.

I was wrong about my discount. It was $11.00. I ended up only paying $8.00 Very Happy

So I paid R57 for 2. About $5.70 Twisted Evil
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Tue 27 Dec 2016, 08:35

taipan wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

So I paid R57 for 2.  About $5.70 Twisted Evil

Is the Rand THAT shithouse? I suggest you start buying US$
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 27 Dec 2016, 08:38

Big Dog wrote:
taipan wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

So I paid R57 for 2.  About $5.70 Twisted Evil

Is the Rand THAT shithouse? I suggest you start buying US$
Almost did a few months ago. The USD has been dropping ever since. Only luck I had in 2016.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 27 Dec 2016, 13:13

JGK wrote:Saw Rogue One tonight.  Perfectly fine, I didn't love the Cushing CGI (it reminded me of Beowulf from a few years ago).  Still, lots of homage to Ep 4 (and Ep 3) so all good.

The only downside for me was Darth Vader's hella gay walk when he met the Ben Mendelohn character.  

Thought it was good with a lot of backstory.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 05 Mar 2017, 14:31

Brass Monkey wrote:Seen any good films recently? Yes. Yes, I have. Creed. No doubts in my mind that I'll get shouted down about it. But I loved it. Wholeheartedly. Of all the films I've seen recently, this is the best of them.

No shouting from me. Will be interesting where they go in the next one.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 06 Mar 2017, 03:14

taipan wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:Seen any good films recently? Yes. Yes, I have. Creed. No doubts in my mind that I'll get shouted down about it. But I loved it. Wholeheartedly. Of all the films I've seen recently, this is the best of them.

No shouting from me. Will be interesting where they go in the next one.

Have had it recorded for a while but haven't gotten around to watching.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Wed 08 Mar 2017, 10:24

I thought Creed was pretty average. Not a bad film by any standard but it was'nt anything new.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sun 12 Mar 2017, 07:12

Finally got to see Lion. Living in Hobart i knew the story before the film was actually made, even so it was still a revelation. Film can be split into two halves. Young Saroo in India (Sunny Pawar)  & the adult Saroo (Dev Patel) in Australia. If anyone still has'nt seen the movie i won't reveal the storyline but it is based on fact & be prepared to get the hankies out at the climax. Great film.
Special credit should go to Dev Patel who is the only foreign actor i have seen to actually nail the Australian accent.
Another Kleenex moment is revealed during the credits when it is revealed why the film is named Lion.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun 12 Mar 2017, 08:17

I enjoyed Lion. Some beautiful spots in Tassie one has to say!

I saw Jasper Jones last week and also enjoyed it having read the novel some time ago.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:11

Of the "out now"s and "coming soon"s, Logan, Alien: Resurrection, and Life look pretty good.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Sun 12 Mar 2017, 22:00

Logan was really ****** depressing all through. Good, but seriously depressing.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 12 Mar 2017, 22:43

doremi wrote:Logan was really ****** depressing all through. Good, but seriously depressing.

It generally has fantastic reviews.  Maybe most movie reviewers are depressed muthas in the first place.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 13 Mar 2017, 02:01

Several reviews I heard on Logan were along the lines of "best superhero movie ever". I hope I'm not disappointed.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 13 Mar 2017, 08:15

BTW, there is a great cricket scene in JJ.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next