Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Rugby Union Thread

+15
Henry
beamer
taipan
tricycle
mynah
Big Dog
Zat
skully
holcs
Mick Sawyer
PeterCS
PearlJ
JGK
JKLever
DJ_Smerk
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

International Rugby Union Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: International Rugby Union Thread

Post by Mick Sawyer Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:56 am

I haven't watched it yet, can anyone tell me if this was a full strength England side?

taips; how was the saffer performance?
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

International Rugby Union Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: International Rugby Union Thread

Post by mynah Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:49 pm

Boring. Our coach only has one game plan, with which he persists regardless of our opponents...
mynah
mynah

International Rugby Union Thread - Page 3 APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:22 pm

Mick Sawyer wrote:I haven't watched it yet, can anyone tell me if this was a full strength England side?
I don't think we know what a full-strength England side is really, it's a bit of a picking names out of a hat approach...

beamer

Number of posts : 15399

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Mick Sawyer wrote:I haven't watched it yet, can anyone tell me if this was a full strength England side?

taips; how was the saffer performance?

Had the game pretty controlled in the first half but lost the way in the second. Scrumhalf is still a serious problem. The running flyhalf that everyone demanded, kicked virtually every ball away. The great captain at inside centre didn't pass the ball once.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:18 pm

As I said, Heyneke Meyer has only one game plan. Apologies to all the flyhalves I've insulted - they were obviously only carrying out orders.
mynah
mynah

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:22 pm

mynah wrote:As I said, Heyneke Meyer has only one game plan. Apologies to all the flyhalves I've insulted - they were obviously only carrying out orders.

Yeah well, it's always been the Bulls game. I blame Naas Botha only because Skully knows fark all about rugby.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:18 am

beamer wrote:
I don't think we know what a full-strength England side is really, it's a bit of a picking names out of a hat approach...

Thanks beamer - I'd guess the coach might want to test a few theories prior to the 6N.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:28 am

taipan wrote:The great captain at inside centre didn't pass the ball once.

**chuckle** Nothing like keeping defences guessing.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:31 am

Rugby at the moment is kind of how cricket was from 1999 until 2007 when Australia were dominating everything by a mile- No matter who does what, the All Blacks are still streets ahead.

Everyone else is about at the same level (with the exception of the Argies, Italians, and Pacific Island Nations), except different teams 'have the wood' on one another like the Aussies over the Saffies and English, Ireland, France and Scotland over the Aussies.....
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:38 am

Henry wrote:Rugby at the moment is kind of how cricket was from 1999 until 2007 when Australia were dominating everything by a mile- No matter who does what, the All Blacks are still streets ahead.

Everyone else is about at the same level (with the exception of the Argies, Italians, and Pacific Island Nations), except different teams 'have the wood' on one another like the Aussies over the Saffies and English, Ireland, France and Scotland over the Aussies.....
Argentina beat Wales and weren't that far off the French, I think they would certainly be more than competitive if they were in the Six Nations, comfortably mid-table at least.

As far as England goes, it's just been constant chopping and changing for the best part of a decade. I know there are more injuries than in other sports but you look at say an Ireland team (a nation who have consistently punched above their weight in recent times, World Cups aside) and there's such continuity, so many familiar names every time they play, players with 80, 90, 100+ caps. And then the England side is announced and there's a handful of names you don't even recognise.

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:26 am

And England need to part ways with their clothing manufacturer pronto. WTF was that purple? That's following on from the black during the World Cup. What's wrong with the traditional white with the red rose? Australia always wear yellow, New Zealand always wear black, and Ireland/South Africa always wear green- It's how they have been identified throughout rugby history. Why the hell are England constantly experimenting with their jerseys?
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:32 am

Henry wrote:And England need to part ways with their clothing manufacturer pronto. WTF was that purple? That's following on from the black during the World Cup. What's wrong with the traditional white with the red rose? Australia always wear yellow, New Zealand always wear black, and Ireland/South Africa always wear green- It's how they have been identified throughout rugby history. Why the hell are England constantly experimenting with their jerseys?

I suppose someone had to go the metrosexual route.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Henry wrote:Why the hell are England constantly experimenting with their jerseys?

When you've purchased a white one you may not buy another for 10 years, there is no other reason.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:38 am

Then again, would any self respecting geezer buy a purple one in the next ten years.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2011-12-18
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:01 am

Henry wrote:And England need to part ways with their clothing manufacturer pronto. WTF was that purple? That's following on from the black during the World Cup. What's wrong with the traditional white with the red rose? Australia always wear yellow, New Zealand always wear black, and Ireland/South Africa always wear green- It's how they have been identified throughout rugby history. Why the hell are England constantly experimenting with their jerseys?

Um well, Aus originally wore green and Ireland played in black two weeks ago. But yes, I agree with you. I get pissed off when Wales move from red as well.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:20 pm

tricycle wrote:Then again, would any self respecting geezer buy a purple one in the next ten years.

Well no, but it's poms we're discussing, there's still around 80 million who might buy.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:28 pm

Very Happy True enough

tricycle

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2011-12-18
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:35 pm

oh god, that dickhead Cooper vs that dickhead Steffensen in a boxing match! suicide

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/steffensen-on-course-for-stoush-with-cooper-20121122-29s42.html
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 12132
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:59 pm

Nath wrote:oh god, that dickhead Cooper vs that dickhead Steffensen in a boxing match! suicide

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/steffensen-on-course-for-stoush-with-cooper-20121122-29s42.html

Maybe they will knock each other out. A satisfactory result for everyone. Twisted Evil
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:22 pm

Big Dog wrote:
Nath wrote:oh god, that dickhead Cooper vs that dickhead Steffensen in a boxing match! suicide

Maybe they will knock each other out. A satisfactory result for everyone. Twisted Evil
Wow, what an absolutely dickhead-off that is. Dunno who I'd barrack for. Prolly Steffensen.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 106440

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:26 pm

skully wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

Wow, what an absolutely dickhead-off that is. Dunno who I'd barrack for. Prolly Steffensen.

The referee Wink
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 12132

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:51 pm

Stoopid Aussies.

The chicks carrying the round numbers
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:43 am

England opt to kick a penalty with a minute or so to go and 5 points behind... Robshaw could well face the axe for that decision.

And Scotland turned over at home by Tonga. For all the Andy Murrays and Chris Hoys, Scottish team sports must be at their lowest point ever.

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:56 am

Wobblies squandered a 16 point half time lead to get home by three against Italy.

Last edited by Big Dog on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:00 am

Immensely dumb decision by England - not that it bothered me... pmsl

Good showing by Samoa against the Frogs.
mynah
mynah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next