Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dhoni's displeased with Sreesanth's behaviour....

+5
horace
tac
The One
Makaveli
filosofee
9 posters

Go down

Dhoni's displeased with Sreesanth's behaviour.... Empty Dhoni's displeased with Sreesanth's behaviour....

Post by filosofee Sun 23 Sep 2007, 19:14

Indian skipper Mahendra Dhoni is not impressed with paceman S. Sreesanth's antics which have got him into trouble often.

The Kerala bowler was fined 25 per cent of his match fees for excessive appealing against Australia in the semi-final of the Twenty World Championship in Durban on Saturday.

"Sreesanth needs to draw the line somewhere. Getting banned for four or five matches is not what you want. It is neither good for the team nor for himself," said Dhoni.

"As the captain, I have to take responsibility for him because someone has to keep him in control," added the captain.

Sreesanth had an off-colour tournament here before coming up with the prize scalps of Adam Gilchrist and Matthew Hayden at crucial junctures in the semi-final.

from http://www.cricketnext.com/
filosofee
filosofee

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2007-09-07
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Dhoni's displeased with Sreesanth's behaviour.... Empty Re: Dhoni's displeased with Sreesanth's behaviour....

Post by Makaveli Sun 23 Sep 2007, 23:23

Aye he's right, i like Dhoni seems to be a good captain and has a good head.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Dhoni's displeased with Sreesanth's behaviour.... Empty Re: Dhoni's displeased with Sreesanth's behaviour....

Post by The One Mon 24 Sep 2007, 04:25

sreesanth is the first indian player who's on-field antics actually embarass me. a real idiot, i hope he gets banned at least once so he realises he needs to change

The One

Number of posts : 9035

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 24 Sep 2007, 04:26

He looks like he was picked up out of the gutter and he behaves in a similar manner . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 24 Sep 2007, 04:52

reminds on bung
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 24 Sep 2007, 06:44

Excellent comments from Dhoni ....

Hopefully Sreesanth can listen
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26215
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by please don't yell Mon 24 Sep 2007, 06:51

he makes nel look like a bright boy which takes some doing.

Pity as he's clearly a good young bowler, nothing wrong with being an in your face bowler but this bloke is just a dickhead.

please don't yell

Number of posts : 1138

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Mon 24 Sep 2007, 06:56

The One wrote:sreesanth is the first indian player who's on-field antics actually embarass me. a real idiot, i hope he gets banned at least once so he realises he needs to change

I actually quite like what he does. Like Nel. he's harmless, doubt any batsman takes these things seriously.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 24 Sep 2007, 07:12

doremi wrote:
The One wrote:sreesanth is the first indian player who's on-field antics actually embarass me. a real idiot, i hope he gets banned at least once so he realises he needs to change

I actually quite like what he does. Like Nel. he's harmless, doubt any batsman takes these things seriously.

The Code of Conduct is there for a reason ...if a player breaks it he can be suspended from matches ...and strictly speaking , so can his Captain ...so if you want a match winning bowler and possibly your Captain missing games ...continue with your attitude
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26215
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Mon 24 Sep 2007, 07:15

he's harmless? what are you waiting for? a drop-kick on a batsman when he hits him for four? that display after he got hayden is one of the worst i have seen on a cricket field

controlled aggression is fine, and wanted, but making such a huge fool of yourself and setting a bad example is not. esp when you know he's going to be the first one to chicken out of a real fight. maybe you are just more used to petulant displays by sporstmen in the states

The One

Number of posts : 9035

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Mon 24 Sep 2007, 07:28

The One wrote:he's harmless? what are you waiting for? a drop-kick on a batsman when he hits him for four? that display after he got hayden is one of the worst i have seen on a cricket field

controlled aggression is fine, and wanted, but making such a huge fool of yourself and setting a bad example is not. esp when you know he's going to be the first one to chicken out of a real fight. maybe you are just more used to petulant displays by sporstmen in the states

I'm not saying he should continue on doing these things.

And he's not looking to start a real fight, he is not trying to, or if he is he'll never be successful, pursue the mental disintegration path. He gets over-excited when he plays, big deal, those displays are meant more to psych himself than intimidate the batsmen.

The over-appealing and shoulder barge were unacceptable and he was penalised rightly. But he is hardly a pioneer there.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743

Back to top Go down

Post by filosofee Mon 24 Sep 2007, 07:58

Lots of kids will be watching, so let's hope he's learnt, from the fine, and behaves impeccably today.
filosofee
filosofee

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2007-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Mon 24 Sep 2007, 08:07

so let's hope he's learnt, from the fine,
As far as I remember he was fined during TB test as well.

SG

Number of posts : 12806

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down