Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh yeah, great news I don't think!

+10
Gary 111
Henry
S F Barnes
Shoeshine
Invader Zim
Merlin
Brass Monkey
LeFromage
doremi
JKLever
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Oh yeah, great news I don't think! - Page 3 Empty Re: Oh yeah, great news I don't think!

Post by holcs Tue 02 Oct 2007, 15:45

Or even eskimo!!!
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Oh yeah, great news I don't think! - Page 3 Empty Re: Oh yeah, great news I don't think!

Post by LeFromage Tue 02 Oct 2007, 18:15

JKLever wrote:According to the BBC ticker, Gatting has been given the title -

'MD of cricket partnerships'

Whilst Hugh Morris is titled -

'MD of England cricket'

Fook knows!

Who is MD of Doogie Howser?
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 11 Oct 2007, 14:56

Gary 111 wrote:
Henry wrote:What kind of role is Gatting meant to be performing within the England setup, anyway?

Swiss?

Cheese.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2007, 13:15

lardbucket wrote:
Gary 111 wrote:
Henry wrote:What kind of role is Gatting meant to be performing within the England setup, anyway?

Swiss?

Cheese.
Damn, I can't squeak anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 14 Oct 2007, 13:15

You've been oiled?

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2007, 13:17

Well oiled.

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorspin Sun 14 Oct 2007, 14:35

Shoeshine wrote:
Henry wrote:In 2002 he criticised Nasser for wanting to be present for the birth of his second child, because it meant his preparation (He was never going to miss the match) for a Test match might have been disrupted. The guy's a bitter old fool.

Shoeshine, did Gatting really criticise KP for attacking Lee at the Oval? If I remember correctly, Gatting performed a similar counter attack at Sydney in 1986. He just doesnt like people much.

Yes, he did. i was so nervous that day I was alternating between ball by ball coverage, the TV and Radio 5 Live at the test. He thought KP was being reckless. Now, of course history could have turned out differently, and him proved right, it's easy with hindsight, but his comments were markedly different to the other commentators who were loving it, but rightly calling it brave but risky.
Interesting that is. I recall that shortly after that historic innings, KPratt said that after his obvious discomfort before the lunch break (when he was trying to bat "sensibly"); over lunch, Vaughan told him to go back out and play his natural game. MV had faith in the guy who was picked to play in the manner for which he was picked.

It was a risk, but then telling a batsman to play in a manner unnatural for him is also a risk and possibly a bigger risk.

The rest, as they say, is history.

I guess that is why Vaughan is considered an extremely good captain in both tactics and man-management and has a fairly illustrious record; whereas Fatt-Gatt won 2 tests at the helm which happened to be in an Ashes series.

Watta FATT CNUT!
doctorspin
doctorspin

Oh yeah, great news I don't think! - Page 3 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2746
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3