Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symonds racially abused by Indian crowd

+29
G.Wood
PearlJ
LeFromage
JGK
Makaveli
Josh Carney
Zat
Merlin
spangler
The One
HH_pink
*Buckaroo*
noelene
furriner
doremi
WIFAN
Mal function
mynah
Henry
Lara Lara Laughs
tac
lardbucket
please don't yell
eowyn
Chandan
SG
bliksem
taipan
Invader Zim
33 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Symonds racially abused by Indian crowd - Page 8 Empty Re: Symonds racially abused by Indian crowd

Post by Merlin Fri 12 Oct 2007, 16:25

furriner wrote:Merlo, as Elizabeth II and the Duke Of Edinburgh no doubt say to each other before retiring for the night, "A shilling earned is.... a shilling earned. Balls to everything else." Very Happy

Laughing ... In separate rooms too !

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Symonds racially abused by Indian crowd - Page 8 Empty Re: Symonds racially abused by Indian crowd

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 12 Oct 2007, 16:27

I thought it would be more "Liz, can you p!ss on my chest whilst I'm rubbing myself off?".
"Of course Phil, as long as you sh!t in my mouth afterwards."
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 12 Oct 2007, 16:38

Oh dear. LP goes off. Tasteful stuff there, my good man.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105977
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnesot Sat 13 Oct 2007, 00:48

Batfink Begins wrote:I thought it would be more "Liz, can you p!ss on my chest whilst I'm rubbing myself off?".
"Of course Phil, as long as you sh!t in my mouth afterwards."

And you represent the typical educated polite English gentleman on here?

Your innate superiority is self evident by your classy and tasteful posts.

Minnesot

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Sat 13 Oct 2007, 02:12

JKLever wrote:
Merlin wrote:

FWIW - that was a decent post

Well some of it was. Apart from the 'Aussies are and always have been by nature racist' part.

And the blatent NSR in the last paragraph.

Aside from that it was top stuff!

He clearly wrote 'quite a few of the Australians are .....'.
HH_pink
HH_pink

Symonds racially abused by Indian crowd - Page 8 APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Sat 13 Oct 2007, 02:20

Batfink Begins wrote:
mirchy wrote:
When you consider that Howard has just accentuated the Aussie racist past by offering to amend their constitution in favour of recognising the Aborigine role, it only goes to prove that quite a few of the Australians are and have always been racist by nature. That being true, they are in for a round of spring cleaning before they sling mud at others. Most Indians are undoubtedly racist – amongst themselves. That was rightly pointed out by TO further up the thread. However, in a secular society, one must accept that there will be outcasts. What’s the point in making a big issue of it, especially when you carry ballast yourself.
I expect this issue was made, as I said before, that if it were in Australia they'd have had all kinds of stick by now. Of course a proportion of India are racist, they somewhat lack the difference of other's cultures by default that most are of that country's origin - hence my point that it wouldn't be unheard of that an Indian may well slate Australia for a similar story.

Could you elucidate, please?

Batfink Begins wrote:
mirchy wrote:
Get off that moral high horse. Because the Aussies say so, doesn’t make them lily white. On the contrary, they make fools of themselves. Play cricket the way it was meant to be played. Quit messing around with idiotic mind games and “mental disintegration”, if you can’t accept being paid back in the same coin. Clearly the Indian approach, whatever you might think of it, has affected the Australian disposition.
Not on a moral high horse. Never said Aussies were lilywhite at all. They're cnuts. Everyone knows that. However, personally, I don't think it is the 'same coin' at all. Whatever I think of the Aussies, the way they go about their psychology actually has a bit of finesse. There is no overt aggression in the form of brain explosions, until recently anyway. They got on with it how other teams don't. If you can't see that then you're being a little biased IMO. The Indians have looked like f**king d!ckheads IMO and before you cite any other team - such as England - we looked the same post Ashes '05, versus Aus 06/07 and against India.

We've all seen how 'fine' they've been in their response to Indian aggression this series. Or is it okay to lose all that 'finesse' and blow your top when the opposite side are blowing theirs away?

Batfink Begins wrote:
mirchy wrote:
Bullshit:
“Basically most of our old colonial outposts are well out of date. Need cleaning up. You all need to be as modern as over here. We've transcended all of these old bug-bears. We're too worried about flowers and the environment now.”
Whatever Murgh,
I was being silly there, but if I were to be pushed I'd say we're one of the most tolerant societies around ATM, hence many a person from a different country being desperate to live here.

That is not what the general perception is out of the UK. True, it is one of the more tolerant European societies, but apart from that I don't believe it's got much going for it. There's a lot of South Asian immigration into the UK mainly because of some kind of Freudian obsession with the former colonial power (and of course, it being one of the few English-speaking developed countries), I believe.
HH_pink
HH_pink

Symonds racially abused by Indian crowd - Page 8 APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 13 Oct 2007, 02:31

mirchy wrote:I don’t think it’s ridiculous, Batfink. Unlike most here, I don’t think the jeers (if there were any) were racially motivated. They targeted a single individual who couldn’t keep his mouth shut from the very beginning of this tour and who then further agitated the now awakening Indians with his boorish attitude. Ponting has further fuelled the fire. To take it from there and make a racial discourse of it can only lead to a media-disaster during the Dec/Jan tour. Perhaps that's exactly what is meant to happen; increase circulation during the upcoming tour.

When you consider that Howard has just accentuated the Aussie racist past by offering to amend their constitution in favour of recognising the Aborigine role, it only goes to prove that quite a few of the Australians are and have always been racist by nature. That being true, they are in for a round of spring cleaning before they sling mud at others. Most Indians are undoubtedly racist – amongst themselves. That was rightly pointed out by TO further up the thread. However, in a secular society, one must accept that there will be outcasts. What’s the point in making a big issue of it, especially when you carry ballast yourself.

Get off that moral high horse. Because the Aussies say so, doesn’t make them lily white. On the contrary, they make fools of themselves. Play cricket the way it was meant to be played. Quit messing around with idiotic mind games and “mental disintegration”, if you can’t accept being paid back in the same coin. Clearly the Indian approach, whatever you might think of it, has affected the Australian disposition.

Bullshit:

“Basically most of our old colonial outposts are well out of date. Need cleaning up. You all need to be as modern as over here. We've transcended all of these old bug-bears. We're too worried about flowers and the environment now.”
Fixed

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sat 13 Oct 2007, 09:56

HH_pink, why don't you ask forummers who live in the UK like Mak or Ash?
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sat 13 Oct 2007, 10:11

HH_pink wrote:

Could you elucidate, please?

I know that India is a country wide of culture and custom, however I feel it is more inherent of similarity too. So many people that fill in between the more diverse centres. There is bound to be more areas of ignorance to outside influences. Therefore a lack of tolerance to differences is probably more likely in those places.

HH_pink wrote:
We've all seen how 'fine' they've been in their response to Indian aggression this series. Or is it okay to lose all that 'finesse' and blow your top when the opposite side are blowing theirs away?

No, it just means you're more likely to. Not praising Aus for any of their behavior in any case. Just haven't particularly appreciated the likes of Sreesanth, but then I'm not alone.

HH_pink wrote:

That is not what the general perception is out of the UK. True, it is one of the more tolerant European societies, but apart from that I don't believe it's got much going for it. There's a lot of South Asian immigration into the UK mainly because of some kind of Freudian obsession with the former colonial power (and of course, it being one of the few English-speaking developed countries), I believe.

Cool. Your opinion. Mine differs after interacting with a variance of people.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Sat 13 Oct 2007, 11:02

its all about the economy stupid. south asians migrate to rich english speaking countries for economic reasons, not for culture or tolerance (well most of them anyways)

in the few decades after independence the uk was a big magnet. but over the last 10 years i would say south asians emigrating to the us outnumber those to the uk by at least 5 to 1 (maybe more). aus/nz too are increasingly attractive

even within countries people migrate to richer centres

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Sat 13 Oct 2007, 11:04

bloody opportunists
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sat 13 Oct 2007, 11:07

The One wrote:its all about the economy stupid. south asians migrate to rich english speaking countries for economic reasons, not for culture or tolerance (well most of them anyways)

in the few decades after independence the uk was a big magnet. but over the last 10 years i would say south asians emigrating to the us outnumber those to the uk by at least 5 to 1 (maybe more). aus/nz too are increasingly attractive

even within countries people migrate to richer centres

I agree that economy has a lot to do with it, but not all.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8