Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symonds racially abused by Indian crowd

+29
G.Wood
PearlJ
LeFromage
JGK
Makaveli
Josh Carney
Zat
Merlin
spangler
The One
HH_pink
*Buckaroo*
noelene
furriner
doremi
WIFAN
Mal function
mynah
Henry
Lara Lara Laughs
tac
lardbucket
please don't yell
eowyn
Chandan
SG
bliksem
taipan
Invader Zim
33 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Symonds racially abused by Indian crowd - Page 2 Empty Re: Symonds racially abused by Indian crowd

Post by Chandan Thu 11 Oct 2007, 13:13

I've given the link.

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Symonds racially abused by Indian crowd - Page 2 Empty Re: Symonds racially abused by Indian crowd

Post by lardbucket Thu 11 Oct 2007, 13:15

I see you refer to Fox, but have you posted the link?

Forget that, I've found it. Silly Vomit paper.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Thu 11 Oct 2007, 13:17

"Aussie media" lardy.

Are you sure you haven't seen D and D?
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 11 Oct 2007, 13:19

From cricinfo:

I am a rock
More from Hyderabad. A projectile was thrown through the window of the Australian team bus as they made their way back to the hotel. Sources close to the team said a boy launched the projectile from a hiding spot at the side of the road, the Sydney Morning Herald reported. No boys, or journalists, were pulled up.
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 11 Oct 2007, 13:20

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:"Aussie media" lardy.

Are you sure you haven't seen D and D?

I wouldn't like to spoil it.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Thu 11 Oct 2007, 13:21

lardbucket wrote:I see you refer to Fox, but have you posted the link?

Forget that, I've found it. Silly Vomit paper.

I wouldn't say Indian newspapers are better. In fact they are the worst. But these kind of news cannot go unreported

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 11 Oct 2007, 13:25

Well, I don't know if it (the rock thing) happened or not.

As for the other allegation, I guess this will become clear when if/when the local authorities look into it, if they have really been asked to look into it.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Thu 11 Oct 2007, 13:25

It's late in the news cycle here...will be interesting to see if the ABC pick it up.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 11 Oct 2007, 13:32

It doesn't really rate when competing with 25 news minutes per bulletin or broadsheet pages of pre-election chest-thumping, daily.

Earlier today, if you hadn't told me the game was nearly over, I wouldn't have known it was on. And that on a day off.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 11 Oct 2007, 13:43

What does a monkey sound like exactly?
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Thu 11 Oct 2007, 13:45

Ask your mother boxer
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 11 Oct 2007, 13:48

Good times.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 11 Oct 2007, 13:54

Invader Zim wrote:Ask your mother boxer

Racist.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Thu 11 Oct 2007, 13:58

Henry wrote:What does a monkey sound like exactly?

they whoop
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Thu 11 Oct 2007, 14:01

Hang on, this story can't be true...surely Indian crowds always sound like that.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Thu 11 Oct 2007, 14:30

Henry wrote:What does a monkey sound like exactly?
Monkeys don't make a very distinctive noise, so I've no idea what noise is meant.

Why make monkey noises anyway at an Australian born in England of mixed West Indian and white parentage?
mynah
mynah

Symonds racially abused by Indian crowd - Page 2 APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mal function Thu 11 Oct 2007, 14:37

mynah wrote:
Why make monkey noises anyway at an Australian born in England of mixed West Indian and white parentage?

It appears thats how Indians behave when they are not throwing rocks.afro

Mal function

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 11 Oct 2007, 14:53

Err, and you are....?
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by WIFAN Thu 11 Oct 2007, 15:11

I remember our tour of India in 2002 was marred by a series of crowd disturbances at what the commentators described as outgrounds.

Funilly enough most of the rocks and missiles and things were thrown at our players of Indian descent. Sarwan suffered dreadfully whenever he was fielding on the boundary. It got so bad that one of the ODI's had to be called off as the crowd wouldnt stop throwing rocks.

In the Test series Mervyn Dillon got barracked with monkey noises whenver he fielded at fine leg, but he incited the crowd a fair bit bu pointing at them wheneve he got a wicket.

Indian crowds are not the best behaved in my experience thats for sure, and I wouldnt be at all suprised if the abuse of Symonds turns out to be true.
WIFAN
WIFAN

Symonds racially abused by Indian crowd - Page 2 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2857
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Thu 11 Oct 2007, 15:19

I have no doubt he got abuse and a lot of it, but whether it was racially motivated is the thing I doubt.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 11 Oct 2007, 15:23

Invader Zim wrote:Hang on, this story can't be true...surely Indian crowds always sound like that.

Considering that on this forum you have called Sreesanth a 'little monkey' and Symonds 'Token', you're not really in a position to get all high and mighty with this latest incident, chum.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by WIFAN Thu 11 Oct 2007, 15:25

doremi wrote:I have no doubt he got abuse and a lot of it, but whether it was racially motivated is the thing I doubt.

I might have misunderstood, but I was under the impression that they make monkey noises mostly at people of African descent?

That would surely be racially motivated if thats what took place?

If it was just general abuse then thats different as it happens everywhere unfortunately.
WIFAN
WIFAN

Symonds racially abused by Indian crowd - Page 2 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2857
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Thu 11 Oct 2007, 15:30

Henry wrote:
Invader Zim wrote:Hang on, this story can't be true...surely Indian crowds always sound like that.

Considering that on this forum you have called Sreesanth a 'little monkey' and Symonds 'Token', you're not really in a position to get all high and mighty with this latest incident, chum.

Don't bother; the irony of it might blow Zimmy's mind, if it hasn't alreadfy.

Coming from forummers who have the arrogance or lack of sensitivity to refer or categorize all teams and peoples from the subcontinent under the catch all title of 'subis', it's a bit facking rich.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Thu 11 Oct 2007, 15:33

WIFAN wrote:
doremi wrote:I have no doubt he got abuse and a lot of it, but whether it was racially motivated is the thing I doubt.

I might have misunderstood, but I was under the impression that they make monkey noises mostly at people of African descent?

That would surely be racially motivated if thats what took place?

If it was just general abuse then thats different as it happens everywhere unfortunately.

If it's true than sure, blacklist the ground, make them know behaviour like this will be punished, nip the racism bud.

It may not be racially motivated as noise like these could be totally random. FWIW, the only abuse I heard today on TV was directed on the Indian team.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743

Back to top Go down

Post by noelene Thu 11 Oct 2007, 15:41

I guess it depends on whether Symonds was the only player the crowd made monkey noises at.If so then it was racial abuse.

noelene

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next