Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England's Test squad for SL...

+20
doremi
tac
holcs
Brass Monkey
Eric Air Emu
lardbucket
Peregrine Periwinkle
Leo
Geoffrey Trueman
MidnightCowboy
doctorspin
Basil
Henry
Gildas
PearlJ
Chivalry Augustus
LeFromage
JKLever
Winkle Spinner
beamer
24 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

England's Test squad for SL... - Page 6 Empty Re: England's Test squad for SL...

Post by Basil Tue 16 Oct 2007, 23:07

holcs wrote:
Gary 111 wrote:That's right, we need a big man like big man Matthew Prior. He's a big man. He swears, he swaggers, he growls at old ladies crossing the road and he pisses all over the toilet seat.

Ah but he can generally hold a cricket bat!

Even more importantly he actually looks like on the odd occasion he can use it too.

Let's just ignore the fact that he's bobbins behind the stumps shall we?
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

England's Test squad for SL... - Page 6 Empty Re: England's Test squad for SL...

Post by holcs Tue 16 Oct 2007, 23:09

Basil wrote:
holcs wrote:
Gary 111 wrote:That's right, we need a big man like big man Matthew Prior. He's a big man. He swears, he swaggers, he growls at old ladies crossing the road and he pisses all over the toilet seat.

Ah but he can generally hold a cricket bat!

Even more importantly he actually looks like on the odd occasion he can use it too.

Let's just ignore the fact that he's bobbins behind the stumps shall we?

I don't want him in the test side, but i'd rather him than p1$$ your pants Read!
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 16 Oct 2007, 23:12

holcs wrote:
I don't want him in the test side, but i'd rather him than p1$$ your pants Read!

Agreed. Prior isn't the long term answer because of his dodgy keeping.

We can't play Read if Sidebottom comes in at 8, FFS

I could live with Read at 8, and there was a possibility we could've gone in with that side in the ashes if it wasn't for Fletchers pig headedness wanting 5 bowlers.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 16 Oct 2007, 23:14

Ah. So you haven't checked. Therefore you don't know anything about Chris Read's nether regions. Therefore, shutup.Smile
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Tue 16 Oct 2007, 23:16

JKLever wrote:
holcs wrote:

Agreed. Prior isn't the long term answer because of his dodgy keeping.

We can't play Read if Sidebottom comes in at 8, FFS

I could live with Read at 8, and there was a possibility we could've gone in with that side in the ashes if it wasn't for Fletchers pig headedness wanting 5 bowlers.

But we'd still have 4 number 10/11's if we did that..
holcs
holcs

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Tue 16 Oct 2007, 23:16

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Ah. So you haven't checked. Therefore you don't know anything about Chris Read's nether regions. Therefore, shutup.Smile

But neither do you do you?

Or have you checked?
holcs
holcs

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 16 Oct 2007, 23:17

No, I meant I could live with him at 8 if we had a good 6 and 7.

As much as I think he carps himself at the higher level, he's better than the 'number 11' tag we like to give him
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Tue 16 Oct 2007, 23:18

JKLever wrote:No, I meant I could live with him at 8 if we had a good 6 and 7.

As much as I think he carps himself at the higher level, he's better than the 'number 11' tag we like to give him

I know I pushed the boat out and gave him a number 10 tag.

Well Bells at 6 so we are farked either ay you look at it!!
holcs
holcs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 16 Oct 2007, 23:20

holcs wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Ah. So you haven't checked. Therefore you don't know anything about Chris Read's nether regions. Therefore, shutup.Smile

But neither do you do you?

Or have you checked?

I haven't checked but then again I wasn't going around posting "Chris Read has no balls". If you want to make statements like that, you need to check.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Tue 16 Oct 2007, 23:22

I felt much safer in the recent India series with Matt '2 more runs scored than byes conceeded' Prior at number 7 where he could average nearly as much as Ryan Sidebottom and only about 6 less than Sreesanth did for India with the bat.

Gowd help us if he actually comes up against a bowling attack with a world class bowler any time soon.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Registration date : 2007-09-02

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Tue 16 Oct 2007, 23:30

Gary 111 wrote:I felt much safer in the recent India series with Matt '2 more runs scored than byes conceeded' Prior at number 7 where he could average nearly as much as Ryan Sidebottom and only about 6 less than Sreesanth did for India with the bat.

Gowd help us if he actually comes up against a bowling attack with a world class bowler any time soon.

Oh yes, and you'd feel safe as houses with Read walking out to bat?
holcs
holcs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 16 Oct 2007, 23:36

Read supporters on this forum:

Myself
Gary
Big Bad Bob
Basil
Lardbucket
tailender
doremi
Makaveli

Essentially, the creme de la creme.

Anti-Readites

Danny
Holc
Jklever

Essentially, the pond scum of the forum. The stuff that falls into a sewer and is spat back out.

Matter resolved.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Tue 16 Oct 2007, 23:43

holcs wrote:
Gary 111 wrote:I felt much safer in the recent India series with Matt '2 more runs scored than byes conceeded' Prior at number 7 where he could average nearly as much as Ryan Sidebottom and only about 6 less than Sreesanth did for India with the bat.

Yes. Yes I would.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Tue 16 Oct 2007, 23:44

Gary 111 wrote:
holcs wrote:

Yes. Yes I would.

scratch
holcs
holcs

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Wed 17 Oct 2007, 00:13

I'd feel safe enough to let Chris Read build me a house. Out of hay and cow dung.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Wed 17 Oct 2007, 00:16

Dello wrote:I'd feel safe enough to let Chris Read build me a house. Out of hay and cow dung.

But he'd have to sub-contract out half the job Jay!
holcs
holcs

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Wed 17 Oct 2007, 07:06

I don't think I've been a Read supporter, said I'd have him in place of Jones (or Prior ftr). None of them are extraordinary with the bat, thing is Read isn't less than ordinary with the gloves.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Wed 17 Oct 2007, 08:36

holcs wrote:
Dello wrote:I'd feel safe enough to let Chris Read build me a house. Out of hay and cow dung.

But he'd have to sub-contract out half the job Jay!

And if Feltch was still coach, he'd have brokered the GJones boy to build the other half!

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 17 Oct 2007, 11:34

I'm not sure we need a good keeper in SL. In England the ball was hooping and hard-hands just couldn't cope - probably too much muscle and not enough suppleness. However, I know that people are going to bring up 'but... but the spinners' - of the international keepers who've kept to Monty, GO Jones was the best. Nixon was probably second best. So why we'd want a 'kosher' keeper who, whatever people like to excuse, cannot bat at international level I'll never know.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Wed 17 Oct 2007, 11:37

Thing is, most of the tests will be played in England by English keepers. Thinking only about SL probably won't do. And why do you have to stick with Prior, it's not like he is a world beater with the bat in hand either. Play Nixon, if for nothing else, his gum-shield.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Wed 17 Oct 2007, 11:43

doremi wrote:Thing is, most of the tests will be played in England by English keepers. Thinking only about SL probably won't do. And why do you have to stick with Prior, it's not like he is a world beater with the bat in hand either. Play Nixon, if for nothing else, his gum-shield.
Laughing nice!

And why not? Nixo did well with both gloves and bat in the Carribs, has soft hands and is well respected in the team (and by Commandant Vawn)

Can't do any worse - unless they pick the clueless Prior.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Wed 17 Oct 2007, 11:47

Nixon is a reasonable bat as well, Prior has got a better technique but has a heart the size of a pea. Nixon would be more likely to put in a decent innings under pressure.

And lets face it, the lower order are going to come in under pressure most of the time in SL.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Wed 17 Oct 2007, 11:55

I was surprised he wasn't considered for this tour against us in England, seeing how good a WC he had. At 7, in difficult situations, I'd back him to score more than Prior 9/10 times.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Wed 17 Oct 2007, 11:57

doremi wrote:I was surprised he wasn't considered for this tour against us in England, seeing how good a WC he had. At 7, in difficult situations, I'd back him to score more than Prior 9/10 times.

Its all because of one word with 'sex' in it!
Gary 111
Gary 111

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Wed 17 Oct 2007, 12:08

I Sussed that one straight off.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next