Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jesus, this place is dead...

+38
Johnleonard
Geoffrey Trueman2
Nath
Yorkie Jill
Guy
Henry
tricycle
furriner
ojitarian
Merlin
Dello
Lindsay no.2
Red
Big Dog
Demelza
Growler
simkat
Basil
Blackadder
WideWally
tac
filosofee
Invader Zim
Zat
footwork
Brass Monkey
taipan
horace
Batman
Bradman
G.Wood
embee
DJ_Smerk
Sasha
PeterCS
spangler
JKLever
LeFromage
42 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Jesus, this place is dead... - Page 35 Empty Re: Jesus, this place is dead...

Post by beamer Fri 18 Jun 2021, 09:45

Just thinking… is it time to close this place down and relocate somewhere else now? There must be some decent active cricket forums somewhere.

The regulars have dropped off one by one and the only “new member” we ever get is Nazi gammon-face coming back time and time again. I’m often the only one active on the England threads these days. So just as with C4/ABC, it feels like maybe time to move on. I don’t know if anyone regularly posts elsewhere (other than generic social media like Twatter) that could cope with an influx of, what, 5 people?

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 18 Jun 2021, 10:34

I'm sure things will liven up come the Ashes.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105969
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnleonard Fri 18 Jun 2021, 10:47

Does anyone with even half a brain not see why it's dead? Newbies are chased off instantly. Is Bradboy even here anymore? I was given a filthy reception by wankbeam. No views seemingly allowed outside a narrow woke ideology. Far too little cricket discussed. 2 or 3 long standing members holding way too much influence. The footy forum I'm on is night and day different. Fun. Lots of laughs. Politically incorrect posts allowed. Free speech allowed. Country loyalty allowed.
Britain is becoming a self loathing hell hole full of easily offended control freaks.
Forum owner. If you want any sort of worthwhile future here censor those who try and cancel others.

Johnleonard

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2021-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Fri 18 Jun 2021, 11:18

Well how about you sod off back there then? Unlike us, they may be missing you.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8816
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Fri 18 Jun 2021, 12:10

The “woke” stuff as you call it (as opposed to the Woakes stuff…) only surfaces when you come back to stir it up. Otherwise it’s nearly all about cricket, there used to be a lot more random crap posted in the old days when there were more regulars.

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Fri 18 Jun 2021, 12:12

skully wrote:I'm sure things will liven up come the Ashes.
When we lose the first two by an innings the interest will quickly fizzle out. I’m already thinking about trying to regain them at home in 2023 (when we have the small matter of a World Cup to defend as well).

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Fri 18 Jun 2021, 14:13

beamer wrote:The “woke” stuff as you call it (as opposed to the Woakes stuff…) only surfaces when you come back to stir it up. Otherwise it’s nearly all about cricket, there used to be a lot more random crap posted in the old days when there were more regulars.

Yeah good point. There's also the obvious (to most) fact that if some nobody (or supposed nobody) comes strutting onto the forum throwing their weight and their SBM badass credentials around like John Cleese in the Holy Grail, copping some Eric Idle back is not something you can (convincingly anyway) go all Karen and shocked! shocked! about.

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnleonard Sun 20 Jun 2021, 07:58

beamer wrote:Just thinking… is it time to close this place down and relocate somewhere else now? There must be some decent active cricket forums somewhere.

The regulars have dropped off one by one and the only “new member” we ever get is Nazi gammon-face coming back time and time again. I’m often the only one active on the England threads these days. So just as with C4/ABC, it feels like maybe time to move on. I don’t know if anyone regularly posts elsewhere (other than generic social media like Twatter) that could cope with an influx of, what, 5 people?

You relocating on Mars and taking your 3 FB chums with you would be the best thing for this forum. Regulars drop off one by one because you and your pathetic woke ideology make people leave. I moderate on a football forum. We had almost 900 posts yesterday. I've had to remove only about 20 posts in 12 years for example. Non pc. Non woke. Fun. We've got thousands of visits every day. The day Beamer puts a sock in it is the first day this place starts to recover. I bet you're a sad old man who lives alone and worships that wankstain of a paper The Guardian.

Johnleonard

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 20 Jun 2021, 09:05

Geez you're tedious, whitburn, with your boring woke palaver. We heard you the first time about a year ago. No need to continually disappear then reappear and repeat yourself.

We happily agree to you sticking with your other racist, bovver boy forum. You are all that's wrong with English football supporters. Enjoy. hello
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Sun 20 Jun 2021, 10:40

Johnleonard wrote:
beamer wrote:Just thinking… is it time to close this place down and relocate somewhere else now? There must be some decent active cricket forums somewhere.

You relocating on Mars and taking your 3 FB chums with you would be the best thing for this forum. Regulars drop off one by one because you and your pathetic woke ideology make people leave. I moderate on a football forum. We had almost 900 posts yesterday. I've had to remove only about 20 posts in 12 years for example. Non pc. Non woke. Fun. We've got thousands of visits every day. The day Beamer puts a sock in it is the first day this place starts to recover. I bet you're a sad old man who lives alone and worships that wankstain of a paper The Guardian.
Better than being a thick racist gammon thug who belongs behind bars.

I’d like to know what you do remove posts for on your forum… maybe you could send us the address then we can come and troll it with “pathetic woke ideology”?

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Sun 20 Jun 2021, 10:48

Anyway, maybe I’ll give it a try, disappear from here for a month or so and see how many come flooding back?

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 20 Jun 2021, 13:57

No beams, don't disappear. Stay strong.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 21 Jun 2021, 01:31

I’m here for the cricket and the nonsense. Would like more of both, but there’s enough. I’m hoping The Ashes might see the return of Danny et al and more posts from the usual suspects.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 21 Jun 2021, 02:15

Indeed.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Mon 21 Jun 2021, 07:05

aces aces
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

lardbucket likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnleonard Thu 01 Jul 2021, 13:39

I have to agree with the comments that basically say that the reason this forum is so poorly attended is that far too few names here have far too much to say day after day. The woke theme most forummers here subscribe to is a load of pathetic whiny tosh also. As a Barnardos volunteer I'm hardly a right wing Nazi. I'm fortunate in that my income involves me doing almost nothing except collect other people's money every month so I have plenty of time to help needy people. New people are hounded off and many long time visitors have been put off.
This forum needs big CHANGES or you can bend over and kiss your arse goodbye. The footy forum I'm on is far more fun and has far fewer far left easily offended jerks. I will never ever be offended by words. I had a semi pro fight just week in the boxing ring. Lost comfortably. Now that hurt and offended me! Everyone grow some and allow free speech.

Johnleonard

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Thu 01 Jul 2021, 14:28

Johnleonard wrote:I have to agree with the comments that basically say that the reason this forum is so poorly attended is that far too few names here have far too much to say day after day.
You’re agreeing with your own comments there… Wink

Anyway, read my reply on the “bell end” thread. I’ll leave it there.

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Thu 01 Jul 2021, 14:29

Well TF you've ridden in on your high horse to show us all The Error Of Our Ways....

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 02 Jul 2021, 16:51

Not dead, just sleeping. Very much looking forward to some Test cricket in a few short months now. The county scores are of some interest; who's showing promise, but there's not much cricket happening otherwise for those of us not disinterested in short form cricket. I can't be aroused by Sri Lanka v England, or WI v South Africa ODIs, still less by T20.

Until meaningful cricket resumes, there's the cycling, Wimbledon and Olympics, all of which will have some of my attention.

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sat 17 Jul 2021, 12:50

Johnleonard wrote:I have to agree with the comments that basically say that the reason this forum is so poorly attended is that far too few names here have far too much to say day after day. The woke theme most forummers here subscribe to is a load of pathetic whiny tosh also. As a Barnardos volunteer I'm hardly a right wing Nazi. I'm fortunate in that my income involves me doing almost nothing except collect other people's money every month so I have plenty of time to help needy people. New people are hounded off and many long time visitors have been put off.
This forum needs big CHANGES or you can bend over and kiss your arse goodbye. The footy forum I'm on is far more fun and has far fewer far left easily offended jerks. I will never ever be offended by words. I had a semi pro fight just week in the boxing ring. Lost comfortably. Now that hurt and offended me! Everyone grow some and allow free speech.

Still coming out with the low level bullsheizen I note.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 17 Jul 2021, 14:06

One wonders what his next persona will be.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sat 17 Jul 2021, 20:53

It's so bleeding obvious.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 29 Aug 2021, 06:52

The Little Forum That Could still keeps chugging on, despite johnleonard/whitburn's verbal bile suggesting the opposite.

We have had the best posting month since January this year (when we topped 1,200 posts for that month). We'll probably just squeak past 900 for the month of August 2021.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 29 Aug 2021, 09:14

Not dead, just sleeping.

The Tests get the post count going here. Whole ODI and T20 circuses pass without comment, but the Tests are followed closely.

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 29 Aug 2021, 09:28

Yup. Bring on the Ashes summer.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next