Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monkey chants controversy in Mumbai too

+31
tac
The One
Geoffrey Trueman
PearlJ
doctorspin
mirchy
lardbucket
Forum Goat
trident
noelene
please don't yell
Anniyan
JKLever
mynah
furriner
doremi
SG
prasad14
Josh Carney
embee
horace
Basil
Ross
Ash
bodyline
skully
Gary 111
HH_pink
LeFromage
Zat
rey
35 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Monkey chants controversy in Mumbai too - Page 7 Empty Re: Monkey chants controversy in Mumbai too

Post by taipan Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:32 pm

Minnesota Fats wrote:
But then I'm not prejudiced against India and have difficulty in the general noise of the crowd in singling out which are racist noises and which are partisan noises.

So we now have two variants of monkey chants?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Monkey chants controversy in Mumbai too - Page 7 Empty Re: Monkey chants controversy in Mumbai too

Post by Zat Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:46 pm

taipan wrote:So we now have two variants of monkey chants?

Yep.

Eek! Eek! And Ook! Ook!

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:49 pm

Zat wrote:
taipan wrote:So we now have two variants of monkey chants?

Yep.

Eek! Eek! And Ook! Ook!

Which is the partisan one?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnesot Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:56 pm

taipan wrote:
Minnesota Fats wrote:
But then I'm not prejudiced against India and have difficulty in the general noise of the crowd in singling out which are racist noises and which are partisan noises.

Partisan noises are partisan noises in all sports around the world. jeering chiacking abusing.

Christ it's like talking to a kindergarten.

Minnesot

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:56 pm

Sreesanth looks like an eek eek and Roy looks like an ook ook ...
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26215
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:57 pm

Minnesota Fats wrote:
taipan wrote:
Minnesota Fats wrote:

Partisan noises are partisan noises in all sports around the world. jeering chiacking abusing.

Aye...Try being a teacher ...rather than a student
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:01 pm

Minnesota Fats wrote:
taipan wrote:
Minnesota Fats wrote:

Partisan noises are partisan noises .

Thanks for clearing that up.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:09 pm

I like the bonobo monkeys. They're good to watch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnesot Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:15 pm

embee wrote:
Minnesota Fats wrote:
taipan wrote:
Minnesota Fats wrote:

You don't know funny that is IRL.Smile

Minnesot

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:19 pm

Minnesota Fats wrote:
embee wrote:
Minnesota Fats wrote:
taipan wrote:
Minnesota Fats wrote:

MF is no longer claiming to be Carl Rackemann, now he is a science teacher . . . . apparently. Bet he has some interesting views on the role of evolution in cricket. Wink
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:41 pm

tac wrote:
Minnesota Fats wrote:
embee wrote:
Minnesota Fats wrote:
taipan wrote:
Minnesota Fats wrote:

MF is no longer claiming to be Carl Rackemann, now he is a science teacher . . . . apparently. Bet he has some interesting views on the role of evolution in cricket. Wink
I weep for the future.

Then again, he's teaching little banjos, and global warming will likely root banjoland before the rest of Australia, so maybe there's not much future to weep for.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:44 pm

I thought he was telling us he was 5 mentally
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:08 pm

Demelza wrote:I like the bonobo monkeys. They're good to watch.
A friend of mine's husband had a bonobo do nasty things to his camera in the Congo. Bit hard explaining it to the insurance company in the old RSA, but fortunately she had it on film.
mynah
mynah

Monkey chants controversy in Mumbai too - Page 7 APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:59 pm

mynah wrote:
Demelza wrote:I like the bonobo monkeys. They're good to watch.
A friend of mine's husband had a bonobo do nasty things to his camera in the Congo. Bit hard explaining it to the insurance company in the old RSA, but fortunately she had it on film.
I can imagine......
I saw a programme about them once, and they'll 'use' anything they can find.

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnesot Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:17 pm

tac wrote:
Minnesota Fats wrote:
embee wrote:
Minnesota Fats wrote:
taipan wrote:
Minnesota Fats wrote:

This blabbermouth has been PM ing me claiming I'm Gabba dan.
Anyone who want's the facts can PM me for my email address which contains my name.

Minnesot

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:35 pm

Minnesota Fats wrote:
tac wrote:
Minnesota Fats wrote:
embee wrote:
Minnesota Fats wrote:
taipan wrote:
Minnesota Fats wrote:

This blabbermouth has been PM ing me claiming I'm Gabba dan.
Anyone who want's the facts can PM me for my email address which contains my name.

That's just what Gabba Dan did . . . Wink
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:11 pm

No room for bigotry

Mukul Kesavan has written an excellent article on the subject IMO.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:18 pm

Minnesota Fats wrote:

Carl Rackemann?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:41 pm

S'mad. The whole 'ignorance' of monkey noises thing continues. Ne'er mind, at least a decent few know when being racist is being racist.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:53 pm

doremi wrote:No room for bigotry

Mukul Kesavan has written an excellent article on the subject IMO.

Aye it was a well written article.

It put everything into perspective and, with no puches withheld, accepted that there is a racist problem in India - as there continues to be worldwide, with bigots who use racist means, actions and words to demean the sport they allegedly love and support.

A criminal record ought to be opened on each of the individuals(as espoused by the FA) with them being photographed, finger and DNA printed and banned for life from all stadia.

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:34 pm

with them being photographed, finger and DNA printed
Presumably those found to have 48 chromosomes would be let off?
mynah
mynah

Monkey chants controversy in Mumbai too - Page 7 APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:01 am

Merlin wrote:A criminal record ought to be opened on each of the individuals(as espoused by the FA) with them being photographed, finger and DNA printed and banned for life from all stadia.

great. it takes 2 hours to get into an indian stadium now. will need to queue up a day before if that happens

the indian ground authorities count to the nearest 10,000 anyways. they have no clue who gets in and who gets out

The One

Number of posts : 9035

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:08 am

The One wrote:
Merlin wrote:A criminal record ought to be opened on each of the individuals(as espoused by the FA) with them being photographed, finger and DNA printed and banned for life from all stadia.

great. it takes 2 hours to get into an indian stadium now. will need to queue up a day before if that happens

the indian ground authorities count to the nearest 10,000 anyways. they have no clue who gets in and who gets out

Apologies - The example I gave related to football stadia in the UK.
Whilst I apreciate that the same would be extremely hard to put into practice in Indian stadia, surely photographing and fingerprinting a culprit and then serving notice on him ought to suffice.
The threat of criminal action / criminal record ought to do the trick ... but then again, perhaps it won't!

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:51 am

yes, this is india. one of the top most advocates here even said that racism is not logically possible in india. huh?

i dont think we even have any legal laws on racism. the spectators arrested were booked under an archaic police act, which deals with obscenity as defined in victorian times as there was no other law that could be used even loosely

The One

Number of posts : 9035

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:48 am

Batfink Begins wrote:S'mad. The whole 'ignorance' of monkey noises thing continues. Ne'er mind, at least a decent few know when being racist is being racist.

As I said - it's opened my eyes.

Not that there was racism in India, because it exists the world over. But its those that try to make excuses for it and say its just abuse that leave my flabber well and truly gasted.

I agree with much of that article by Mukul Kesavan too. Mark Waugh is just as guilty of it by labelling Symonds 'precious' IMO
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next