Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Depressing findings about human nature...

+10
Shoeshine
The One
Henry
taipan
JGK
JKLever
lardbucket
tac
Brass Monkey
mynah
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Depressing findings about human nature... Empty Depressing findings about human nature...

Post by mynah Tue 23 Oct 2007, 08:51

Almost everybody is a racist

If "normality" is gauged by the percentage of people with a particular viewpoint, it is more normal to, say, be gay than to be non-racist.
mynah
mynah

Depressing findings about human nature... APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Depressing findings about human nature... Empty Re: Depressing findings about human nature...

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 23 Oct 2007, 09:02

To be honest Mynah, I'm a f**king legend. Mainly non-racist. Though I probably am towards the Yanks.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Depressing findings about human nature... Empty Re: Depressing findings about human nature...

Post by tac Tue 23 Oct 2007, 10:02

I don't think I'm racist at all with people I meet, work with or screw.

But I do detest most people when they gather in groups to support a sporting team, be it national or local (except for Australians, New South Welshmen, and St George supporters).
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 23 Oct 2007, 10:12

Human Nature are quite simply an abomination. I'm surprised mynah has heard of them.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 23 Oct 2007, 10:13

tac wrote:I don't think I'm racist at all with people I meet, work with or screw.

But I do detest most people when they gather in groups to support a sporting team, be it national or local (except for Australians, New South Welshmen, and St George supporters).

Ahh, St. George - biggest bunch of counts I've seen on a TV screen. Their team's kit is OK though.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 23 Oct 2007, 10:27

Everybodys a little prejudiced towards those that are not of your group.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 23 Oct 2007, 10:29

Batfink Begins wrote:
tac wrote:I don't think I'm racist at all with people I meet, work with or screw.

Ahh, St. George - biggest bunch of counts I've seen on a TV screen. Their team's kit is OK though.

Turn it up. 11 premierships in a row is unmatched in top grade team sports history.

It's a shame it was 50 years ago though.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 23 Oct 2007, 10:29

OK, I admit it ... it's mainly people from Hertfordshire - I just can't abide them.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 23 Oct 2007, 10:30

mynah wrote: Almost everybody is a racist

If "normality" is gauged by the percentage of people with a particular viewpoint, it is more normal to, say, be gay than to be non-racist.

Pah - those racist percentages are skewed by all those subis.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 23 Oct 2007, 10:35

Silly study; not everyone knows that snakes are better than puppies

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 23 Oct 2007, 10:40

lardbucket wrote:Silly study; not everyone knows that snakes are better than puppies

Very true Very Happy
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 23 Oct 2007, 11:01

I guess the fact is, most skin colours have seperate cultures. It's just something that has occured since mankind began. I dont think there is neccesarily a hatred between different cultures, but perhaps just an aknowledgement they're all different from each other, therefore it's best to stick with your own group.

History shows that the white man has tended to have on general more money, power, and opportunity than the black man. It is gradually changing but until black and white become totally equal, there will always be some prejudice, ie the white man thinking they are superior to the black man, and the black man disliking the white man because of his holier than though attitude towards him.

It's not like that everywhere of course, but I certainly see it quite a lot.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 23 Oct 2007, 11:02

Henry wrote:I guess the fact is, most skin colours have seperate cultures. It's just something that has occured since mankind began. I dont think there is neccesarily a hatred between different cultures, but perhaps just an aknowledgement they're all different from each other, therefore it's best to stick with your own group.

History shows that the white man has tended to have on general more money, power, and opportunity than the black man. It is gradually changing but until black and white become totally equal, there will always be some prejudice, ie the white man thinking they are superior to the black man, and the black man disliking the white man because of his holier than though attitude towards him.

It's not like that everywhere of course, but I certainly see it quite a lot.

Doesn't explain why the Oirish will fcuk anything that walks, whereas no other race will mate with the Welsh . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 23 Oct 2007, 11:29

JGK wrote:Turn it up. 11 premierships in a row is unmatched in top grade team sports history.

not

The One

Number of posts : 9035

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 23 Oct 2007, 11:32

The One wrote:
JGK wrote:Turn it up. 11 premierships in a row is unmatched in top grade team sports history.

not

Right.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Tue 23 Oct 2007, 11:41

One of the biggest problems of race is that it is instantly recognisable, thus enabling the prejudiced to recognise someone as "not one of us" before getting to know anything else about that person. At least physically similar people can blend in with each other if they choose to, and may even get a chance to overturn prejudices, e.g. "Hey, didn't know ABC was a ***nationality of choice***. Such a nice fellow, maybe they're not that bad after all".
mynah
mynah

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 23 Oct 2007, 11:47

JGK wrote:
The One wrote:

not

Right.

of course

The One

Number of posts : 9035

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 23 Oct 2007, 12:28

You might have missed the part when I mentioned "top grade".

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 23 Oct 2007, 12:44

tac wrote:Doesn't explain why the Oirish will fcuk anything that walks, whereas no other race will mate with the Welsh . . .

Fork orf you forking count. I've perked a couple of well tasty and nice Welsh birds.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 23 Oct 2007, 12:47

Batfink Begins wrote:
tac wrote:Doesn't explain why the Oirish will fcuk anything that walks, whereas no other race will mate with the Welsh . . .

Fork orf you forking count. I've perked a couple of well tasty and nice Welsh birds.

Yeah, but you're obviously Oirish, Danny Boy . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Tue 23 Oct 2007, 12:49

At least with scientific studies of race, there are usually caveats on making assumptions, counter-opinions being asked. On some equally fixed genetic qualities, however, scientists and/or journalists have no qualms about going the whole hog.

For example...
mynah
mynah

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 23 Oct 2007, 12:52

tac wrote:
Batfink Begins wrote:

Welsh rarebit?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoeshine Tue 23 Oct 2007, 13:03

People are always prejudiced against the appearance of other people. It's natural. At it's most basic level we all prefer good looking people to ugly people, we can't help it.

What we tend to identify is difference, not necessarily race. We give ginger haired people a hard time for heaven's sake.

Shoeshine

Depressing findings about human nature... Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4512
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Tue 23 Oct 2007, 13:11

taipan wrote:
tac wrote:
Batfink Begins wrote:

Welsh rarebit?
Cheese sauce that smells of beer?
mynah
mynah

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 23 Oct 2007, 13:11

tac wrote:Yeah, but you're obviously Oirish, Danny Boy . . .

1/4 Irish. 1/2 Welsh. But in general, I look, sound and think and my strong hritage is all saxon so my blood doesn't come into it - the facts are there're some fine Welsh bintage and I've perked a couple of them.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next