Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India v Sri Lanka, 3rd Test, Mumbai, Dec 2-6

+24
doremi
buckSH
Allan D
embee
Ross
JGK
Ash
Red
philcric
lardbucket
Brass Monkey
JKLever
skully
spangler
Henry Nolonga
Basil
tac
PeterCS
Henry
Merlin
taipan
DJ_Smerk
The One
SG
28 posters

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

India v Sri Lanka, 3rd Test, Mumbai, Dec 2-6 - Page 15 Empty Re: India v Sri Lanka, 3rd Test, Mumbai, Dec 2-6

Post by Batman Wed 09 Dec 2009, 05:42

The One wrote:
Batman wrote:
The One wrote:
Batman wrote:Never pilferred. I got a legal free connection

??

i pay 350 bucks a month for cable

Sure I don't have DTH and have the old wire service, but hey, a free connection is a free connection worth at least Rs. 4,000 annual subscription totally free! And that includes all the pay channels too. All of them available in India.....

Very Happy

so you got an illegal connection?

I think I mentioned it is a free legal connection.....
👽
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

India v Sri Lanka, 3rd Test, Mumbai, Dec 2-6 - Page 15 Empty Re: India v Sri Lanka, 3rd Test, Mumbai, Dec 2-6

Post by Chandan Wed 09 Dec 2009, 06:35

mirchy wrote:Well, one has to admit its been one long journey. Although, how long it'll last is anybody's guess. Playing against BD isn't going to bring any brownie points. SA at home would have anchored it. Nonetheless, congratulations India.

It has been a long journey no doubt. But we were there or thereabouts since a year, isn't it?

But does it matter? BCCI is doing everything in its capacity to see that India doesn't remain there. I'm really really angry that they scrapped a test series with a top side for that IPL tamasha!

Btw, glad to hear from you Mirchy again, after so long. Hope everything is fine and you are enjoying your life! Very Happy

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Wed 09 Dec 2009, 06:41

I read somewhere that its CSA who requested to scrap this series.

Don't know whether its true or not. Just read it somewhere.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Wed 09 Dec 2009, 06:53

SG wrote:I read somewhere that its CSA who requested to scrap this series.

Don't know whether its true or not. Just read it somewhere.

I'm sick of Indian media as well.

It happened like this:

SA is ending its tour on 18th Jan while India on 13th Jan. BCCI wanted SA to shorten or reschedule its home series against England so that they could have had 2 months to finish the tour. CSA obviously didn't agree to it. Now BCCI has to finish the tour before 12 th March because of that IPL. So CSA said that only 40 days were not enough to have the full tour. Hence they would rather split it. And they'd play 5 ODIs first, and would reschedule the test series later at a time when both teams can play.

Here is the link:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/dec/08/south-africa-india-cancel-test-series

BCCI didn't even care to give the reason for this change to the fans.

Last edited by Chandan on Wed 09 Dec 2009, 08:12; edited 1 time in total

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 09 Dec 2009, 07:05

Chandan wrote: BCCI wanted SA to shorten its home series against England so that they could have had 2 months to finish the tour.

Just when you thought that the BCCI couldn't be bigger qunts....
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Wed 09 Dec 2009, 07:10

Cheers, Chandan.

Thanks for clearing that up.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 09 Dec 2009, 08:29

Chandan wrote:I'm sick of Indian media as well. Indian media is sick.

Fixed!
👽
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Wed 09 Dec 2009, 08:38

Batman wrote:I think I mentioned it is a free legal connection.....
👽

how the hell do you get a free legal connection? do you have free legal electricity as well?

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 09 Dec 2009, 08:54

The One: I have answered your curiousity in a PM. You will get it once it leaves the outbox.
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by mirchy Wed 09 Dec 2009, 09:20

[quote="The One"]
Batman wrote:I think I mentioned it is a free legal connection.....
👽

how the hell do you get a free legal connection? do you have free legal electricity as well?[//quote]
Laughing
Wouldn't mind getting a PM with the same leads, Vikas.
And if your line to the uparwallah can get me a landbased broadband connection, that would be even better. I have a wireless one atm, but its rubbish. At least in Goa it is.

Last edited by mirchy on Wed 09 Dec 2009, 09:25; edited 1 time in total

mirchy

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Wed 09 Dec 2009, 09:22

the cable man is family mirchy.

buckSH

Number of posts : 3027
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mirchy Wed 09 Dec 2009, 09:53

philcric wrote:
mirchy wrote:Thanks Vikas. I've settled in Goa permanently now. Hey, and being able to watch cricket all day long without having to pay through your nose is an added advantage.
Cool.

mirchy wrote:
Neo is full of it, though. Bloody non-stop commercials! Guess that's the flip side of the coin.
And the annoying anchor. Can't string together a sentence without using the word 'particular'.
Hi phil. Its great to be back in India without having to think about returning to the cold after a few weeks.
I guess we're talking about this guy Radhakrishnan (not too sure). Yeah, he needs to do a refresher on intonation and syllable emphasis. Bit like Laxman Sivaramakrishnan. Surprised they picked him as an anchor. I have a feeling most guests and commentators don't take him seriously. But hey, everyones got to start somewhere.

mirchy

Back to top Go down

Post by mirchy Wed 09 Dec 2009, 10:08

Hi Chandan. Good to see you are still around.
Your reference to the SA and AUS tours really explains why the BCCI only reacts. I wouldn't be surprised if CSA (and CA) tells them to go fly a kite and what Nath says is very true too. 2 test series should be reserved for the minnows. 3 tests is the minimum for any series between the top eight. Maybe the two-tier ICC contemplations are heading that way. Personally, I think a separated tour (with tests preceding the ODIs) would be better than a two test three ODI solution. Lets see what, if any, counter.proposals the CSA comes up with.

mirchy

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 10 Dec 2009, 11:43

(wrong thread)

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38190
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15