Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you find out about the C4/Flaming Bails forums?

+24
Big Dog
PeterCS
lardbucket
Demelza
spangler
G.Wood
Blackadder
LeFromage
Gary 111
horace
Zat
eowyn
philcric
Growler
Basil
The One
WideWally
DJ_Smerk
JKLever
Jontyh
Henry Nolonga
skully
taipan
Henry
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How did you find out about the C4/Flaming Bails forums? - Page 2 Empty Re: How did you find out about the C4/Flaming Bails forums?

Post by philcric Wed 17 Nov 2010, 16:27

vilkrang wrote:I actually can't remember how I stumbled on C4 forum. Think I was just randomly browsing. I found FB from C4.

Ditto.
philcric
philcric

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2007-09-07
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

How did you find out about the C4/Flaming Bails forums? - Page 2 Empty Re: How did you find out about the C4/Flaming Bails forums?

Post by eowyn Wed 17 Nov 2010, 16:54

Basil wrote:I started posting on a few other C4 fora and then I stumbled on the Cricket Forum - it's been all downhill ever since.

I remember you on the Time Team forum, Bas. I found the original Cricket Forum from there. Those were pre-regitration days and you could call yourself anything back then.
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Wed 17 Nov 2010, 17:38

eowyn wrote:
Basil wrote:I started posting on a few other C4 fora and then I stumbled on the Cricket Forum - it's been all downhill ever since.

I remember you on the Time Team forum, Bas. I found the original Cricket Forum from there. Those were pre-regitration days and you could call yourself anything back then.

Ah yes - the old Time Team Forum. I remember some memorable scraps on there - mainly to do with Metal Detecting and SeaHenge.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Nov 2010, 18:49

DJ_Smerk wrote:I looked it up myself.

No really, I actually SEARCHED for a cricket forum.

So did I, and found this joint.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 17 Nov 2010, 20:40

c 2001 ABC forum ---> There was discussion about the C4 forum ---> I joined up to see what it was about ---> ABC forum folded, so C4 became the 'Forum Wanderers' temporary home.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 17 Nov 2010, 22:32

hmnn...like many other abc posters I was led to C4 by the light of zimmy's burning cross, once the abc forum karked it
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 17 Nov 2010, 22:44

And yet who is the Aussie forummer who has sooked off and barely been seen for the last six months?

I notice he still browses this place as he's entered a team into the dream team competition.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 17 Nov 2010, 22:55

I personally like to watch cricket on tv by myself (don't have much choice as not many of my friends like cricket), and watching it late at night also means I don't have to battle for the tv with some tart who would rather watch 'Beauty and the Geek'.

Watching West Indies tours from Aus is ideal for me.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Thu 18 Nov 2010, 00:03

Found it on the C4 website when they had the cricket rights - about 2003 I think. Didn't post much initially, or indeed lately. And slacked off a bit in the middle. But apart from that, good times.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Registration date : 2007-09-02

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Thu 18 Nov 2010, 00:06

Don't recall how I stumbled across C4, but I went "online" at about the same time as 4 started broadcasting cricket in '99, so they probably subconsciously guided me to their forum through Dermot Reeve's maniacal stare or something.

I found the Flaming Bails lurking in a dark corner of my nightmares.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 18 Nov 2010, 01:03

Henry wrote:I notice he still browses this place as he's entered a team into the dream team competition.
The originator of the comp emailed several people directly inviting them to join. Zimi was on that list.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackadder Thu 18 Nov 2010, 01:25

Zat wrote:c 2001 ABC forum ---> There was discussion about the C4 forum ---> I joined up to see what it was about ---> ABC forum folded, so C4 became the 'Forum Wanderers' temporary home.

Likewise

Blackadder

How did you find out about the C4/Flaming Bails forums? - Page 2 ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3959
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Thu 18 Nov 2010, 06:27

skully wrote:Zimmy told a bunch of us ABCers about the joint. Blame him for the Convict invasion. Cool

I introduced skully to the ABC forum so I do have a lot to answer for
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 18 Nov 2010, 06:58

Henry wrote:I personally like to watch cricket on tv by myself (don't have much choice as not many of my friends like cricket), and watching it late at night also means I don't have to battle for the tv with some tart who would rather watch 'Beauty and the Geek'.

What an odd post in this thread. scratch

G.Wood wrote:
skully wrote:Zimmy told a bunch of us ABCers about the joint. Blame him for the Convict invasion. Cool

I introduced skully to the ABC forum so I do have a lot to answer for
True enough. Cool
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105969
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Thu 18 Nov 2010, 07:59

I found it when I was searching for catigorical proof that T>>>>>>L
spangler
spangler

How did you find out about the C4/Flaming Bails forums? - Page 2 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2554
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Demelza Thu 18 Nov 2010, 08:16

The One wrote:from the c4 website c. 2000
Same here. My son found it and he registered me around 2004, I think it was.
Demelza
Demelza

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 18 Nov 2010, 11:18

Henry wrote:And yet who is the Aussie forummer who has sooked off and barely been seen for the last six months?

I notice he still browses this place as he's entered a team into the dream team competition.

I sent him an invite.

How did I get here? Well, I found C4 from the ABC forum, whcih I'd stumbled into a couple of years earlier, after noting 'forum' in the left hand margin whilst checking scores on the ABC site and wondering 'what's that'. The first thing I noticed was a seemingly never-ending battle betweeen Taily and Fred to have the last word on any subject you care to name, with Dr Wolfboofer chipping in with capitalised obscenities and exclamation marks on his good days. At some stage Taily told me about C4; principally that everyone on C4 was an absolute arsehole. I thought she must be exaggerating. Anyway I joined up, well before the big invasion, and was an occasional poster, although I couldn't work out what was going on most of the time. After mostly lurking for a while, I posted, was noticed, was ridiculed ... shrugged that off, and nothing's really changed since.

and taily was right ...

Last edited by lardbucket on Thu 18 Nov 2010, 11:28; edited 1 time in total

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 18 Nov 2010, 11:25

Can't remember taily from before the invasion.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 18 Nov 2010, 11:27

I have no idea whether she was posting at that stage. She and Eyes_Only were familiar with the place and particularly incensed by a poster calling himself Anil. He was gone by the time I joined.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 18 Nov 2010, 11:29

Can't remember him.

Anyway I was on the old SuperSport forum when someone mentioned C4. Think it would be about Dec 2002.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by WideWally Thu 18 Nov 2010, 11:34

lardbucket wrote:I have no idea whether she was posting at that stage. She and Eyes_Only were familiar with the place and particularly incensed by a poster calling himself Anil. He was gone by the time I joined.

So Taily doesn't like that chap?
WideWally
WideWally

Number of posts : 9702
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 18 Nov 2010, 12:06

skully wrote:
Henry wrote:I personally like to watch cricket on tv by myself (don't have much choice as not many of my friends like cricket), and watching it late at night also means I don't have to battle for the tv with some tart who would rather watch 'Beauty and the Geek'.

Oh bugger. I must have been a bit drunk and posted on the wrong thread.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 18 Nov 2010, 12:22

Henry wrote:
skully wrote:

Oh bugger. I must have been a bit drunk and posted on the wrong thread.

A 10 year p!ss up?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackadder Fri 19 Nov 2010, 22:03

lardbucket wrote:I have no idea whether she was posting at that stage. She and Eyes_Only were familiar with the place and particularly incensed by a poster calling himself Anil. He was gone by the time I joined.

Ahhhh memories of Anil the resident subi on the ABC, makes the ones on here seem sane and reasonable. Shocked

Blackadder

How did you find out about the C4/Flaming Bails forums? - Page 2 ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3959
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Fri 19 Nov 2010, 22:22

Is everyone here from the C4 forums, or has there been any new recruits since Flaming Bails began?
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Registration date : 2007-09-02

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next