Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second most annoying commentator on TMS?

+3
PeterCS
DJ_Smerk
ever hopeful
7 posters

Go down

Second most annoying commentator on TMS? Empty Second most annoying commentator on TMS?

Post by ever hopeful Tue 07 Dec 2010, 20:51

I would have said Boycott before, but lately I've found him marginally less irritatating. Not sure if I've changed or he has. He's still a know-all of couse. For instance he said he wouldn't have picked Finn, but will he admit he was wrong? Will he heck. On the other hand, I really liked the way he unequivocally backed England for a win on the last day.
But if he's NOT the second most annoying, then who is?

(BTW, obviously the top spot goes to Vaughan. Someone kill him if he calls the ball a nut again please.)
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2009-07-13
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Second most annoying commentator on TMS? Empty Re: Second most annoying commentator on TMS?

Post by DJ_Smerk Tue 07 Dec 2010, 20:59

I actually don't mind Vaughan's commentary. I think he adds some depth, considering he was a relatively successful captain - and his recent experience of an England dressing room enables him to have contemporary knowledge over the more traditional cast at TMS.

The only knitpick I have is that he decides to call players by their first names - it's happened many times. He might want to get used to calling surnames rather than forenames though.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Second most annoying commentator on TMS? Empty Re: Second most annoying commentator on TMS?

Post by ever hopeful Tue 07 Dec 2010, 21:08

I agree that potentially he has a lot to offer, but that constant matieness you allude to really gets me. He is also very good indeed at bringing the coversation round to his glory days and taking credit for all that is right with England.
I liked him a lot more as a captain and player though.
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed 08 Dec 2010, 00:06

I like the way he goes hysterically mental when England go close to getting a wicket.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 08 Dec 2010, 00:08

He's only human.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed 08 Dec 2010, 00:10

Blofeld, when he's on.

Martin-Jenkins is also a pain in the arse when he has a heart attack about something suddenly happening, .. when it's not happening. He is as blind as a bat, but is still in the coronary business.

I like Vic Marks, and Selvey when he's on (has been a while).

Have to admit I smile at Chappelli. (No irony.) Seasoned qnt though he no doubt is. He tells a good anecdote, and is good at mischievous humour.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 08 Dec 2010, 00:11

Who would be the best commentators on Flaming Bails TMS (FBTMS)?
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 08 Dec 2010, 00:12

Hopefully there'll be no spats between Red and Taipan in the carpark.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Wed 08 Dec 2010, 09:44

PeterCS wrote:Blofeld, when he's on.

Martin-Jenkins is also a pain in the arse when he has a heart attack about something suddenly happening, .. when it's not happening. He is as blind as a bat, but is still in the coronary business.

Have to admit I smile at Chappelli. (No irony.) Seasoned qnt though he no doubt is. He tells a good anecdote, and is good at mischievous humour.
Yes, good contenders. Martin-Jenkins has got to the point where I don't even blink when he says someone's out. Just have to wait calmly and see if he's cocked up again.
As for Blofeld and has bl00dy buses...

Maybe I'll rethink Vaughany if no one else finds him annoying. It's just possibly my problem...
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Wed 08 Dec 2010, 20:17

ever hopeful wrote:Yes, good contenders. Martin-Jenkins has got to the point where I don't even blink when he says someone's out. Just have to wait calmly and see if he's cocked up again.
It wouldn't be TMS without the likes of them though, it would be Radio Five Live does cricket, which a lot of people feared it would turn into on Peter Baxter's retirement. You have to have at least a couple of commentators who are over 65 and talk a fair bit of nonsense from time to time!

With Aggers as the reliable anchorman and a host of old pros/guest commentators they can use the oldies a bit more sparingly, as they tend to do these days.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Wed 08 Dec 2010, 22:55

ever hopeful wrote:
PeterCS wrote:Blofeld, when he's on.

Yes, good contenders. Martin-Jenkins has got to the point where I don't even blink when he says someone's out. Just have to wait calmly and see if he's cocked up again.

Maybe I'll rethink Vaughany if no one else finds him annoying. It's just possibly my problem...

No, no - you're on the money. Vaughan is a total bellend of a commentator. Simon Hughes, who weirdly comes across quite well when doing the TV commentary, also seems lightweight and crushingly dull on t'radio.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 08 Dec 2010, 23:02

I didn't think much of Gus Fraser. Yes, he knows a bit about bowling. But I was struggling not to reach for the razor blade every time his dull, pessimistic tones came on the air.

Would have been brilliant if he'd been commentating during the mid 90s.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by punit_cricket Fri 10 Dec 2010, 22:53

I prefer Agnew's commentrating.

Boycott i dont mind - it's quite comic.

punit_cricket

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-11-22
Flag/Background : ind

http://www.cricketheroes.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down