Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OK, forumers who will be in Sydney next week...

+11
JGK
Demelza
Paul Keating
Hass
lardbucket
skully
taipan
Blackadder
Henry
horace
Zat
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

OK, forumers who will be in Sydney next week... Empty OK, forumers who will be in Sydney next week...

Post by Zat Wed 29 Dec 2010, 06:49

There's the forum 5 going to Day 1 at the SCG.

Plans for any other get togethers?

I don't live in Sydney, and am not big on the geography, so someone who knows the city in general and the SCG vicinity in particular needs to suggest venues & times for forum drinks. I will be in Sydney for the week, and have no other commitments as yet, so am happy to catch up for a beer whenever...

• skully and I (and possibly lardy) are hoping to get together for a feed and a few bevvies on Test eve. Venue TBA. Any other takers?
  • Drinks post day 1 have (I think) been suggested already. Forum 5 and a few others. Any takers?
  • Other suggestions? Come on guys, don't be shy.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

OK, forumers who will be in Sydney next week... Empty Re: OK, forumers who will be in Sydney next week...

Post by horace Wed 29 Dec 2010, 06:55

I have an invite to visit an old biddy up there in Sydney but cannot make it (or her for that matter)..

good luck forum five and have a dram or seven of kero for me ...

Z - suggest you go the "three weeds" which I understand is still a good pub and not that far from the ground
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

OK, forumers who will be in Sydney next week... Empty Re: OK, forumers who will be in Sydney next week...

Post by Henry Wed 29 Dec 2010, 06:56

I'm going on day 2 and I live pretty close to the SCG. I might not be able to make the evening of day 1, though. Day 2 onwards is fine.....
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 29 Dec 2010, 06:59

Evening of Day two may be awkward for me Trev, but post 3,4,5 should be OK, or during play on any day we're both there.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 29 Dec 2010, 06:59

And you are more than welcomee to catch up with skulls, lardy & me on Test eve if you're around.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackadder Wed 29 Dec 2010, 07:12

Will be there day One, and day Two.

Blackadder

OK, forumers who will be in Sydney next week... ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3959
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 29 Dec 2010, 07:18

Have a couple of frosties for me.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 29 Dec 2010, 07:41

Woody is otherwise engaged on the Test eve but keen to be assassinated post-Day 1 to help forget the suck-balliness of the Aus performance.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105888
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 29 Dec 2010, 07:50

I'm getting in late on the 1st, but leaving either late day 1 or early (well before play) day 2. Assassination mode switched off. I only have the one day off from the pie shop; probably lucky in the end, or more carnage would have been witnessed and sorrows drowned.

btw: 'stoopid' CA ... should have started on Saturday 01 January if they wanted more money.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38071
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 29 Dec 2010, 07:52

lardbucket wrote:I'm getting in late on the 1st, but leaving either late day 1 or early (well before play) day 2. Assassination mode switched off. I only have the one day off from the pie shop; probably lucky in the end, or more carnage would have been witnessed and sorrows drowned.

btw: 'stoopid' CA ... should have started on Saturday 01 January if they wanted more money.
Soft c0ck. Evil or Very Mad
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 29 Dec 2010, 08:07

available for operations on the 1st ...

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Wed 29 Dec 2010, 08:45

I could well be up for something on Test-eve. Are you staying close to the ground Zat or would you rather do something in the city proper?

I'm going to the game with a few mates on Day One. We'll be going to a pub afterwards, but I'd be happy to duck away from them for a bit to have a couple of schooners with the forum five.

Potential watering holes include:

The Cricketer's Arms is close by - it's name is obviously fitting, but it also has a good beer garden.

The Captain Cook - very close to the ground, but is usually a Barmy Army pub during the Ashes. It can get extremely crowded and the floors are quite sticky.

The Fox and Lion - closest pub, situated on the site of the Old Showground. Can sit indoors or out and they usually have a sausage sizzle. Although being a new establishment the atmosphere can feel a little plastic at times.

The Three Weeds - it's real name is the Rose, Shamrock and Thistle. It's a little further away from the ground (but closer to my house) and has a nice charm about it.

I used to go the Strawberry Hills Hotel after a day at the cricket. But that was when I was walking back to Central Station (it's close to the station). It was a bit of a dive and used to have the best $5 steak in Sydney. But they renovated it this year, sucking out its soul and I now refuse to go there on principle.

Hass

OK, forumers who will be in Sydney next week... MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Wed 29 Dec 2010, 08:47

Phurt, the Robin Hood in Charing Cross (Waverley) had the best $5 steak in the world.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

OK, forumers who will be in Sydney next week... Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by Demelza Wed 29 Dec 2010, 09:01

I hope there will be photos Very Happy
Demelza
Demelza

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 29 Dec 2010, 09:03

no meringue though, there's a world shortage apparently

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Demelza Wed 29 Dec 2010, 09:06

Can't imagine what you mean Embarassed
Actually, I do confess to having rather a lot of meringue lately. And a fair bit of mayonnaise!
Demelza
Demelza

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 29 Dec 2010, 09:09

Good to hear. No pasty?

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Demelza Wed 29 Dec 2010, 09:12

No, I've given up the carbs and lost 63lbs, so no "brown" food allowed!

Enjoy your get together. Wish I was there x
Demelza
Demelza

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 29 Dec 2010, 09:14

Bloody hell, that's an effort. Well done.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 29 Dec 2010, 13:07

I'll be around most days - sitting in the Members Stands. Not sure if I will have time for a post match drink though.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 30 Dec 2010, 00:19

Hass IS the good pub guide.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 30 Dec 2010, 00:21

I think you should all go to the Captain Cook, and join the singalong! Wink
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 30 Dec 2010, 00:31

lardbucket wrote:available for operations on the 1st ...
I'll still be up the coast. Heading back on the morning of Sunday 2nd. A curry and a light red may have to suffice.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 01 Jan 2011, 06:32

OK, anyone up for a get together Sunday afternoon and/or dinner in the evening, here's the drill...

lardy and embee (and TLA and tla) are in Sin City at the mo, I arrive Sunday lunchtime. Some sort of drinking/feeding effort late afternoonish for the three of us, and skully (assuming the old chap doesn't need too much sleep after his drive in the morning). Anyone else is welcome to come along.

Gathering point will be relatively central. Darling Harbour/The Rocks/elsewhere TBA.

Dinner to be of an Asian persuasion, Indian/Chinese/Japanese...

Flick me or one of the others a PM if you want details, I'll reply on arrival in Sydney, about 1400.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 01 Jan 2011, 07:41

Have PMed you, Zoggy. The pieman and I will meet you at 6.00 pm Sunday evening (at the Groper place) and find a place for a feed and a cleansing ale. We can wander down to Chinatown if that's to everyone's taste.

And said pieman is now leaving later than originally planned so is now open for an assassination post-Day 1. I lied that we'd be gentle. Twisted Evil
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next