Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It isn't only Aussie forumers who think Ponting is crap.

+10
Big Dog
skully
taipan
horace
doremi
Bradman
JGK
G.Wood
tac
Zat
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

It isn't only Aussie forumers who think Ponting is crap. Empty It isn't only Aussie forumers who think Ponting is crap.

Post by Zat Wed 01 Jul 2009, 03:10

Link to ABC story
Jeff Thomson believes Australia will win the upcoming Ashes series against England by a single Test despite slating the captaincy skills of Ricky Ponting.

'despite'... love it.

And the headline is great.

Thanks Thommo for the best laugh of the day.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

It isn't only Aussie forumers who think Ponting is crap. Empty Re: It isn't only Aussie forumers who think Ponting is crap.

Post by tac Wed 01 Jul 2009, 03:16

Dunno, zatty, but I actually quite like the guy. He's not the best captain we've ever had, but he does his best with limited skills and leads by example as best he can. He also seems to stick by his players and I'd say they respect him as a captain and as a man, not just as a sensational batsman.
I'd certainly be happy to be captained by him . . . I think he is comparable to AB in many ways . . .

*readies myself for the firing squad*
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

It isn't only Aussie forumers who think Ponting is crap. Empty Re: It isn't only Aussie forumers who think Ponting is crap.

Post by G.Wood Wed 01 Jul 2009, 04:05

that's fair enough taccy but he lost me with the overrategate thingy in India. When he tried to excuse him and Tim's idiocy by saying they did it for the good of the game. It was like he expected the whole australian public to be as thich as horace.
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 01 Jul 2009, 04:40

More gold from Thommo:

'No Lee'

But Thomson believes that team will not include a place for experienced quick Brett Lee, making his way back from injury.
"I don't see a place for Brett Lee in this side. He hasn't played for such a long time," he said.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Wed 01 Jul 2009, 04:55

G.Wood wrote:that's fair enough taccy but he lost me with the overrategate thingy in India. When he tried to excuse him and Tim's idiocy by saying they did it for the good of the game. It was like he expected the whole australian public to be as thich as horace.

woody, I never got that test live . . just saw reports and I dunno what the fark happened there . . . I think there is soemthing more than meets the eye on that one, but as captain, Punter has to wear it.
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 01 Jul 2009, 05:10

Ponting is a crap captain. Like Waugh and TFF before him he was blessed with a great team.

Border had to make do. I don't even rate Bradman. WTF couldn't captain a team with Bradman in it.

Our really big series win in India came with a real captain in charge.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Wed 01 Jul 2009, 05:53

Thommo seems to have forgotten which way the barbs should go so close to a test series.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 01 Jul 2009, 06:00

tac wrote:Dunno, zatty, but I actually quite like the guy. He's not the best captain we've ever had, but he does his best with limited skills and leads by example as best he can. He also seems to stick by his players and I'd say they respect him as a captain and as a man, not just as a sensational batsman.
I'd certainly be happy to be captained by him . . . I think he is comparable to AB in many ways . . .

...agree with you tac...he is not the best but by no means the worst...he also has a very ordinairy team at his disposal and has done very well to keep us competitive against stronger teams..by rights we should not have come within a bulls roar of the saffies...what is interesting about this series is I cannot a remember an ashes series where both teams had so many ordinairy players...i expect watching it will belike watching an earnest NZ team playing the saffies when they were down and out
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 01 Jul 2009, 06:28

I cannot a remember an ashes series where both teams had so many ordinairy players...

1986/7.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Wed 01 Jul 2009, 06:47

horace wrote:
tac wrote:Dunno, zatty, but I actually quite like the guy. He's not the best captain we've ever had, but he does his best with limited skills and leads by example as best he can. He also seems to stick by his players and I'd say they respect him as a captain and as a man, not just as a sensational batsman.

...agree with you tac...he is not the best but by no means the worst...he also has a very ordinairy team at his disposal and has done very well to keep us competitive against stronger teams..by rights we should not have come within a bulls roar of the saffies...what is interesting about this series is I cannot a remember an ashes series where both teams had so many ordinairy players...i expect watching it will belike watching an earnest NZ team playing the saffies when they were down and out

h agrees with me . . I feel so dirty . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 01 Jul 2009, 07:00

you'd do anything to make people think you are a qunt - even think like bitter old vomit twits
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Wed 01 Jul 2009, 07:01

think like a vomit? is that even possible? I mean "think"?
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 01 Jul 2009, 07:07

point conceded
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Wed 01 Jul 2009, 07:10

apologies to Nath . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 01 Jul 2009, 07:11

he was obviously adopted
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 01 Jul 2009, 07:15

Bradman wrote:Our really big series win in India came with a real captain in charge.

And who was that?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 01 Jul 2009, 07:43

Gilly...

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 01 Jul 2009, 08:26

Zat wrote:Link to ABC story
Jeff Thomson believes Australia will win the upcoming Ashes series against England by a single Test despite slating the captaincy skills of Ricky Ponting.

'despite'... love it.

And the headline is great.

Thanks Thommo for the best laugh of the day.
Humour from the ABC - who'da thunk it? Cool
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105947
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 01 Jul 2009, 08:28

G.Wood wrote:he was obviously adopted

a little voice from the wee man...
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 01 Jul 2009, 08:30

I thought you were the "wee" man. Oh, that's right - you're the "bag" man.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Wed 01 Jul 2009, 08:42

images of horrie getting a shower from the "golden girls" . . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 01 Jul 2009, 08:43

It's the highlight of his day.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Wed 01 Jul 2009, 08:44

sorry, skull, still trying to block out the images mentioned above . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 01 Jul 2009, 08:45

Hehehe. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Wed 01 Jul 2009, 09:16

But Thomson believes that team will not include a place for experienced quick Brett Lee, making his way back from injury.
"I don't see a place for Brett Lee in this side. He hasn't played for such a long time," he said.

Alan Davidson said pretty much the same thing. Unfortunately our d*ckhead selectors look like they intend to give the advantage to England as they have dropped Hilfy & included Lee in the final warmup game.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next