Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T20/ODI Series

+12
skully
Nath
taipan
Blackadder
Paul Keating
JGK
Henry
Basil
horace
LeFromage
DJ_Smerk
JKLever
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

T20/ODI Series - Page 2 Empty Re: T20/ODI Series

Post by JKLever Sat 08 Jan 2011, 10:06

Henry wrote:So England's focus now become the World Cup. For the first jamodi, I reckon the team will be something like-

Strauss (c)
Davies+
Pietersen
Bell
Collingwood
Morgan
Yardy
Bresnan
Swann
Woakes
Tremlett

That's assuming they don't give the likes of Strauss, KP, and Swanny a rest.

Shazhad will get a game I'd have thought, Finn is in the squad too. Without Broad & Anderson looks a bit thin on the bowling front. Woakes is an interesting one, was quite expensive in some of the A games against India. Am not going to be surprised to see Watson booming the drives back past him tbh....

T20's first - still don't understand the Lumb call up. No runs for Hants since the T20WC (infact he got dropped from the 1st XI) and not getting any for Queensland either.

Actually the next game is the PM's XI which will also be live on Sky.

The Aus T20 squad is very interesting. Johnson, Tait AND Lee.... we'll either be 70 all out or they'll go round the park!
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-07
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sat 08 Jan 2011, 10:22

They'll definitely want to have a look at Woakes before they name their World Cup squad.

I'm not sure if Trembles is the right kind of bowler for a World Cup on the Sub Continent, but he's the right kind of bowler for Australia.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 08 Jan 2011, 10:36

JKLever wrote:Actually the next game is the PM's XI which will also be live on Sky.
How did I manage to overlook that I could have gone to Canberra for this as well as the MCG and SCG?

It would have been a change from watching Australia get slaughtered.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sat 08 Jan 2011, 10:41

Henry wrote:
I'm not sure if Trembles is the right kind of bowler for a World Cup on the Sub Continent, but he's the right kind of bowler for Australia.

He got smashed in the last ODI series England played out here. Seem to remember Jacob Oram taking a fancy to him (it was a triangular series).

Something about a big, bouncy bowlers that sloggers fancy. Easy to get under and elevate the ball, I guess.

Like I said in the Test thread, not sure it's worth him playing in a format he's nothing special in. All he can do is get injured. Save him for the Tests.

Last edited by Dello on Sat 08 Jan 2011, 10:42; edited 1 time in total
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-04
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Sat 08 Jan 2011, 10:42

Zat wrote:
lardbucket wrote:ODI series looks much more enticing than usual ... because we can't be beaten by an innings
They're working on it though.
0 all out, then bowl a wide with the first ball? Close enough...

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Sat 08 Jan 2011, 11:09

I'm not sorry to see Jimmy rested - when you think he only bowled 6 overs less than Swanny.

He won't be missed in the T20s, as it's really not his best format.

ODIs - I hope Strauss gives him a decent opening spell - at least 5 or 6 overs. He can go for a few in his first couple of overs while he gets to know what the strip is doing, but he shouldn't be replaced if he's conceded 13 in 2 ...... he may well concede just 8 or so in his next 5, with a few wickets to boot.

Longer term, with so many promising bowlers coming through, I'd sooner they kept him just for Test cricket after the world cup. They won't, as along with Colly he is an astounding fielder, especially in the deep.
Growler
Growler

T20/ODI Series - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-14
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sat 08 Jan 2011, 11:31

Will be tough to judge England without Broad and initially Anderson. Them being our best one day bowlers... perhaps a chance for a bit of revenge for Aus. Much like trashing us 6-1 on the back of the 2009 Ashes.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2