Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vikas is now writing for cricinfo

+9
skully
The One
Merlin
SG
G.Wood
taipan
Brass Monkey
Zat
lardbucket
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Vikas is now writing for cricinfo - Page 2 Empty Re: Vikas is now writing for cricinfo

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:42 pm

SG wrote:
Was just castigating SG in another thread for thinking this ODI series made up for the whitewash.... It seems he isn't alone.
Shows how fine your reading skills are or may be you're blind....

Show me where I said this otherwise just own that you're just a bitter sook.
Bitter? What on Earth do I have to be bitter about?

England are the number 1 test side in the world, the first time this has happened since the rankings were introduced, and in our last test series we whitewashed the previous number 1 test team in the world. Nothing to be bitter about shrug .

Back to top Go down

Vikas is now writing for cricinfo - Page 2 Empty Re: Vikas is now writing for cricinfo

Post by Merlin Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:09 pm

Give 'em time vilks .... they're still coming to terms down on the sub-continent about
(a) the FOUR - NIL whitewash thrashing ..and
(b) losing their revered No 1 spot.
Fact : They were sh!t in the Tests here, and they know it.

Hope they enjoy their wankfest over the 5-0 ODI drubbing we took last month!

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:12 pm

It appears they are.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38090
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:21 pm

Well come on, it was a mild rewenge. We caused a giant omerta on them. At least they didn't put sausages and bacon in our beds.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:06 pm

Bitter? What on Earth do I have to be bitter about?

England are the number 1 test side in the world, the first time this has happened since the rankings were introduced, and in our last test series we whitewashed the previous number 1 test team in the world. Nothing to be bitter about
So you can't produce anything where I equated India's ODI series win with Eng's test series win in Eng.

Then please shut up and just don't assume anything regarding me.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:10 pm

(a) the FOUR - NIL whitewash thrashing ..and
(b) losing their revered No 1 spot.
Fact : They were sh!t in the Tests here, and they know it.
Agree with everything you said.

We were shittier than sh!t in Eng. Cricket fans in Eng deserved better than whatever our lot exhibited there.

I won't defend them or offer any excuse for that shambles of a tour. And again, no amount of ODI wins would erase the nightmares of that tour. Not even if we defeat you in a WC final (hypothetically speaking).

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:48 am

meh. i would take a WC final win any day over a random and singular test tour whitewash

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:46 am

The One wrote:meh. i would take a WC final win any day over a random and singular test tour whitewash

Says it all really.

Don't quite get the usage of singular in this context though.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:13 am

here

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/singular

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:23 am

The One wrote:meh. i would take a WC final win any day over a random and singular test tour whitewash

Yeah, me too.

Still, it's not so much about that... we've gang-f*cked the Test world into spermy submission over the last 18 months... I expect the #1 ranking is the one that lil' vilky was more squealy about.

Think about it. It can hardly be about whitewashing some defunct load of mincing grandads with half a bowler. It was like Bangladesh had gone 14 years through time.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:54 am

Brass Monkey wrote:

Yeah, me too.

Really? That surprises me (from the pom not the Indian)

I would prefer a single Test win over a WC final any day - let alone a whole test series.
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-07
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:36 am

Yeah, you won it thrice in a row. It's a monkey on the back. A Test win is good, a series win is excellent. Similar to Tests, in the WC you usually have to play consistently domininant cricket for a large period of time. I don't think I'd take a WC win over a 4-0 shelling though, that's damned painful.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:37 am

Test Series
Test Match
WC Final

no-one in their right mind gives a flying fornicational episode over anything else

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38090
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:38 am

Aye, true lards. Truesville, Maryland.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:05 am

Although I must admit the WC win in 87 was pretty grouse.

I guess when you are sh!te at everything else you take what you can get.

Which is not a bad philosophy in all facets of life - be it cricket, work or courting dwarf lesbian cephalopoda
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:23 am

The grouseness of us tieing with the Yarps in a semi to put them out puts the WC Final in perspective. I'm with lardy.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105931

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:45 am

oi I said it first

I feel like Smerk

(feel like he feels not feel like havin him)
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:52 am

I've read the article - it's truly awful, not funny for an instant and you have to wonder what sort of editorial decision let it see the light of day.

And yet, if you wanted to show someone up for the complete plank that they were - what better way than to give them a platform on which to display their ignorance?
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:01 am

Basil wrote:I've read the article - it's truly awful, not funny for an instant and you have to wonder what sort of editorial decision let it see the light of day.

And yet, if you wanted to show someone up for the complete plank that they were - what better way than to give them a platform on which to display their ignorance?

Someone should point him in the direction of flaming bails
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:44 pm

G.Wood wrote:
Basil wrote:I've read the article - it's truly awful, not funny for an instant and you have to wonder what sort of editorial decision let it see the light of day.

FFS Woody, we already have horrie.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:03 pm

meh. i would take a WC final win any day over a random and singular test tour whitewash
Considering that we've won WC 2 times already (though feeling of winning a WC is simply out of this world and its never enough to win WCs, whatever sport it is), we never ever have come close to whitewash Eng in Eng in our entire test history, I know where my priorities would lie, if things come to such a pass.

If anything, I'd have taken test series wins in SA/Aus over a WC win even before last WC started.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:04 pm

taipan wrote:
G.Wood wrote:

FFS Woody, we already have horrie.

but that bloke tried to be funny over and over and failed every ti...

oh I see what you are getting at
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:57 pm

SG wrote:
Considering that we've won WC 2 times already (though feeling of winning a WC is simply out of this world and its never enough to win WCs, whatever sport it is), we never ever have come close to whitewash Eng in Eng in our entire test history, I know where my priorities would lie, if things come to such a pass.

If anything, I'd have taken test series wins in SA/Aus over a WC win even before last WC started.

a first test series win in sa/aus over a WC final is a hard one. of course i would prefer having both, and both are possible in the long run, they are not single chances

but if you asked me would you rather have a WC or avoid the kind of beating we received in england, the kind of loss we might anyways experience once every 15-20 years, then its a no-brainer. WC every single time. nothing comes close in generating national euphoria, not even a test series win over pakistan. its hard to explain it if you werent at the wankhede on 2nd April, 2011. i would not exchange that day for any other sporting day in history

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:45 pm

True. As I said feeling a WC win generates is awesome, too great to describe in words.

they are not single chances
Nor is a WC win. You get a chance every 4 years to win it.

Aside from this, I wasn't there at Wankhede on Apr 2 so I can only be jealous of you.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:58 pm

but if you asked me would you rather have a WC or avoid the kind of beating we received in england, the kind of loss we might anyways experience once every 15-20 years, then its a no-brainer.
I was not talking about merely avoiding a 0-4 thrashing in Eng. I said I'm ready to trade a WC win over a 4-0 thrashing of Eng in Eng, don't think we'll ever see that in our lifetimes though. But as it is, we definitely have chance to see Indian winning more WCs in future. And hence my preference for seeing us blanking Eng in Eng in tests over India winning a WC.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next