Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Player to have never got a Test Double Ton?

+17
WideWally
doremi
Lara Lara Laughs
Basil
Invader Zim
bliksem
prodigy
SG
Zat
Fred Nerk
*Buckaroo*
JGK
Mick Sawyer
embee
horace
Red
JKLever
21 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Best Player to have never got a Test Double Ton? - Page 4 Empty Re: Best Player to have never got a Test Double Ton?

Post by doremi Tue 11 Dec 2007, 14:48

For those who have made a double, who has the max number of 100s before he made the 200?
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Best Player to have never got a Test Double Ton? - Page 4 Empty Re: Best Player to have never got a Test Double Ton?

Post by Allan D Tue 11 Dec 2007, 15:59

doremi wrote:For those who have made a double, who has the max number of 100s before he made the 200?

Test or F/C?
Allan D
Allan D

Number of posts : 6635
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan D Tue 11 Dec 2007, 16:27

In terms of Test cricket, both Greenidge's & Gooch's first double-hundred (in Gooch's case, triple hundred) was the 10th time they had passed three figures. In terms of Test match appearances Gooch took 79 Tests before he passed 200 against India at Lord's in July 1990, 15 years after his debut pair against Oz at Edgbaston in 1975. In terms of time Jack Hobbs took 16 years 181 days from his Test debut to make his sole double century against the Saffies, also at Lord's in June 1924 (although there was no Test cricket staged between 1914-20 owing to WWI).
Allan D
Allan D

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan D Tue 11 Dec 2007, 17:29

Botham's 208 against India at The Oval in July 1982 was his 11th 3-figure score.
Allan D
Allan D

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 11 Dec 2007, 18:13

You're all wrong. It's Vaughany.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943

Back to top Go down

Post by WideWally Tue 11 Dec 2007, 18:21

How many test tons did AB hit before his first double?
21?
WideWally
WideWally

Number of posts : 9701
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan D Tue 11 Dec 2007, 18:21

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:You're all wrong. It's Vaughany.

When did he make 200 in a Test or have I missed something? Rolling Eyes
Allan D
Allan D

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 11 Dec 2007, 18:39

Allan D wrote:

Erm....I think I'm trying to say that Vaughany is the best player never to have scored a double century. That is the title of the thread, after all....
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 11 Dec 2007, 18:42

Think Sachin scored quite a few before his first one.

And LLL, erm, next time try and keep up with the thread.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 11 Dec 2007, 18:49

Keep up with the thread? Plank. I didn't quote anyone. Just because you happen to be talking about something else, it doesn't mean I can't answer the original question.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue 11 Dec 2007, 18:54

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:
Allan D wrote:

Erm....I think I'm trying to say that Vaughany is the best player never to have scored a double century. That is the title of the thread, after all....

Pity I beat you to it a couple of pages back really. Still, great minds think alike and all that!
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 11 Dec 2007, 18:56

Oh you can, but when people are on a different discussion altogether, posting "You're all wrong. It's Vaughany." without specifying what you're talking about can be confusing. You know because last time I checked human beings weren't telepathic yet.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan D Tue 11 Dec 2007, 19:08

WideWally wrote:How many test tons did AB hit before his first double?
21?

Absolutely right as usual, Wal. His 205 against NZ at Adelaide in December 1987 was his 22nd 3-figure score in his 95th Test, by my reckoning.
Allan D
Allan D

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan D Tue 11 Dec 2007, 19:11

doremi wrote:Think Sachin scored quite a few before his first one.

Yes, 20 to be precise before he made 217 against the Kiwis at Ahmedabad in October 1999 in his 73rd Test.
Allan D
Allan D

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2007, 19:11

embee wrote:
Demelza wrote:Ganguly?

Last week may have been a better time to post that ....

Check the scorecard from the latest Subi Test
We're a bit behind down here.
It's only just coming through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2007, 19:23

doremi wrote:Oh you can, but when people are on a different discussion altogether, posting "You're all wrong. It's Vaughany." without specifying what you're talking about can be confusing. You know because last time I checked human beings weren't telepathic yet.
Have to give doremi the point there, LLL.
He's right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 11 Dec 2007, 19:37

No he's not. I was well within my rights to post "You're all wrong, it's Vaughany". It was pretty clear that I was referring to the original question because Vaughany has never scored a double century. If it wasn't clear that I was referring to the original question, once you've looked up Vaughany's record and seen that he hasn't scored a double century, it becomes clear.

So give me "the point"!
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2007, 19:47

No, no no NO LLL.
The conversation had moved on and your statement was completely out of context with the flow of the exististing conversation.
NIL POINT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 11 Dec 2007, 19:50

BGARK!! What?! It was clear from what I said that my post was in reference to the essay title. As you can't quote the title, it had to be a standalone post.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 11 Dec 2007, 20:13

What are you blithering about, LLL?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38105
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 11 Dec 2007, 20:17

BGARK, BGARK!!!
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2007, 20:17

How about him, (and I'm refering to the original question)----------->

Best Player to have never got a Test Double Ton? - Page 4 F_Tonym_67f1368

Last edited by on Tue 11 Dec 2007, 20:20; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 11 Dec 2007, 20:19

Best Player to have never got a Test Double Ton? - Page 4 Capon_1
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2007, 22:03

Demelza wrote:How about him, (and I'm refering to the original question)----------->

Best Player to have never got a Test Double Ton? - Page 4 F_Tonym_67f1368
Seriously though, Tony Greig?

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 11 Dec 2007, 22:25

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:BGARK!! What?! It was clear from what I said that my post was in reference to the essay title. As you can't quote the title, it had to be a standalone post.

As Basil had already answered "Vaughan" in response to the original question your claim that we were all wrong excluded the possibility you were referring to the original topic ...
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26214
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next