Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you for the memories and good times Laxman....

+14
horace
G.Wood
JKLever
roaming_romeo
embee
The One
lardbucket
Basil
JGK
Fred Nerk
skully
Big Dog
taipan
Batman
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Thank you for the memories and good times Laxman.... Empty Thank you for the memories and good times Laxman....

Post by Batman Sun 15 Jan 2012, 07:08

Very Very Special, often underestimated and often the fall guy for no fault of his. Always gave his best and played the best above the rest in tests and yet always with the sword of Damocles over his head soaking and relishing and turning things amidst great pressure. The tragedy of his career has been he may well have been our best test cricket bat ever in terms of mental strength and ability to lead back the team from the brink of defeat. Its then an irony he will end his brilliant career against the very side that led to build his status in test cricket and made him a legend for India. The very side he exceeded his best the most and always came up trumps. Watching the events down under I have no doubt this is the last time we will see him play a test. Maybe he will play Adelaide maybe not. last test or last series is not certain. But what is certain that after the Aus tests we will not see this match winning - match saving hero bat his wristy magic again. A bit poetic too that his career actually began in Aus for him in a similar disastrous tour in 2000 and finally ends with a disaster at the same place a little over a decade later. I hope wisdom will prevail and Dravid isn't forced out after this series at the same stretch as well. I haven't been around the forum here much for a long time and now. Haven't been keeping track a long time. But emotions have made me come back and post for this one man who literally turned things around for India and impacted our destiny in ways we never imagined. I need to make this post here for Laxman. my hero of our test team. His knock at Kolkotta a decade back it was that finally instilled the self belief we always lacked and imparted a mental strength we never had to do consistently well in tests not just at home but overseas as well. It led to a strong decade of consistencies and highs in tests we never experienced in our entire cricketing history.

Thank you for everything Laxman. Thank you for the magic, the belief, the memories and for those wonderful wins and draws from hopeless situations that could have led us back to the valley of despair. Most of all, thank you for being a very good player, team man, cricketer, ambassador for the nation and the game and for being the role model we all can look upto for inspiration.

Thank you Laxman.

😢

Last edited by Batman on Sun 15 Jan 2012, 07:21; edited 1 time in total
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Thank you for the memories and good times Laxman.... Empty Re: Thank you for the memories and good times Laxman....

Post by taipan Sun 15 Jan 2012, 07:11

Worst flounce ever?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Thank you for the memories and good times Laxman.... Empty Re: Thank you for the memories and good times Laxman....

Post by Big Dog Sun 15 Jan 2012, 07:18

May be a little premature there caped crusader. We still have Adelaide to go with the flattest road in Australia. Just cherry ripe for the likes of Tendulkar, Laxman & Dravid.
I suspect the Adelaide test will see the redemption of a number of Indian players.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 15 Jan 2012, 07:32

Welcome back, Vikas. Very Happy
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105946
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 15 Jan 2012, 07:34

I see he edited his post about it being his last ever :-)
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 15 Jan 2012, 07:36

Good. Very Happy
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Sun 15 Jan 2012, 07:52

taipan wrote:I see he edited his post about it being his last ever :-)

Excuse me, but where did it read 'my last post'? The edit was to take out a grammetical error in the sentence of where I say we lacked the mental strength all along in tests before that epic Kolkotta test. But I didn't say it was my last. Have I been around here sometime now? No. Have I been posting at all? England? No. WI? No. Aus so far? No! Perhaps the concept of people staying off forumming is alien to you. Its not the be all and end all surely. Please stick to the topic of this thread.

Back to this thread, What can I say about Laxman and perhaps also of Dravid? They may not have SRT's records but have scripted more overseas wins for us than Sachin. A sense of history is dawning on Indian fans as the last of our batting legends walk in the sunset finally. We knew this day would come and we have been counting the days every test series since Ganguly and Kumble were retired dreading it and when that moment finally is upon us. As the time to pay rich tributes is on hand as a great era comes to an end, I wonder how much tribute would do justice to their achievements. I thought we would see these guys another year at least till end of this year. Didn't realize this series would be the harsh wake up call to reality so soon. Wish it turns out to be a glorious sunset of a glorious career. 😢
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Sun 15 Jan 2012, 08:40

Grammetical??? Better edit that too....

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8813
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Sun 15 Jan 2012, 09:13

Agree it's now time for Lax, great career as it has been, to go.

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 15 Jan 2012, 09:17

Ditto. This was a tour too far. I watched him quite a bit in Sydney andchecreally didn't look interested.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Sun 15 Jan 2012, 09:24

His fielding in Sydney was dreadful.

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sun 15 Jan 2012, 09:45

Feltch being the ruthless type he is has probably marked Laxman for the trapdoor.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 15 Jan 2012, 11:02

Batman wrote:

Excuse me, but where did it read 'my last post'? The edit was to take out a grammetical error in the sentence of where I say we lacked the mental strength all along in tests before that epic Kolkotta test. But I didn't say it was my last.:

Lying qunt. Good to see some things never change.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 15 Jan 2012, 11:11

JGK wrote:Ditto. This was a tour too far. I watched him quite a bit in Sydney andchecreally didn't look interested.
Hitting the "c" instead of the space bar is a problem for iPads??
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 15 Jan 2012, 11:14

skully wrote:
JGK wrote:Ditto. This was a tour too far. I watched him quite a bit in Sydney andchecreally didn't look interested.
Hitting the "c" instead of the space bar is a problem for iPads??

Not far wrong actually. It's got an automatic spellcheck thingie. It changed qunt to aunt on my previous post.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 15 Jan 2012, 11:29

It does that to me all the time to the extent that I am thinking of just leaving it at aunt going forward.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Sun 15 Jan 2012, 12:26

taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

Excuse me, but where did it read 'my last post'? The edit was to take out a grammetical error in the sentence of where I say we lacked the mental strength all along in tests before that epic Kolkotta test. But I didn't say it was my last.:

Got that last half right. Some things never change. I can see you have started the silly bait game again. Please take it to some other thread. It would be a shame if you ruined this one.
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 15 Jan 2012, 12:32

Vale VVS.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38101

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Sun 15 Jan 2012, 13:39

it is indeed time. with all the talk around he may well have made the decision itself and conveyed it to the team management. they may just be waiting for an opportune moment to announce it. maybe before the adelaide test, or at the end of the series

it may be better for all concerned if he is dropped for adelaide and then given one farewell test back in india's next series at home

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 15 Jan 2012, 14:11

Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

Got that last half right. Some things never change. I can see you have started the silly bait game again. Please take it to some other thread. It would be a shame if you ruined this one.

Stupid aunt if you were a contributing member of this forum you would have seen how highly I rate VVS.

But then I don't come on here and say its my last post ever, and then lie about it.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Sun 15 Jan 2012, 14:54

taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

Stupid aunt if you were a contributing member of this forum you would have seen how highly I rate VVS.

But then I don't come on here and say its my last post ever, and then lie about it.

My contributions for this forum are not for you to judge and comment on. You haven't exactly been a role model for noble contributions yourself. I suppose for you every post I make is an excuse to troll and start something silly. Give it a rest. I never questioned your respect for Laxman. I was merely hoping you wouldn't spoil this thread with another silly shitfest. Guess I expected too much. Just shut the hell up and stick to the topic. Take your fetish for juvenile antics elsewhere. Can I say pretty please?
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 15 Jan 2012, 15:04

Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

My contributions for this forum are not for you to judge and comment on. You haven't exactly been a role model for noble contributions yourself. I suppose for you every post I make is an excuse to troll and start something silly. Give it a rest. I never questioned your respect for Laxman. I was merely hoping you wouldn't spoil this thread with another silly shitfest. Guess I expected too much. Just shut the hell up and stick to the topic. Take your fetish for juvenile antics elsewhere. Can I say pretty please?

Um no, qunt. You farked off, stay farked off. You have never added anything to this forum but look at me. "I am a stand up comedian" " I got employee of the month"

Don't come back on here and say this is my last post ever, and then edit your post and lie about it. You were a qunt on C4 and you were a qunt here. Now fark off forever.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Sun 15 Jan 2012, 15:18

taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

Um no, qunt. You farked off, stay farked off. You have never added anything to this forum but look at me. "I am a stand up comedian" " I got employee of the month"

Don't come back on here and say this is my last post ever, and then edit your post and lie about it. You were a qunt on C4 and you were a qunt here. Now fark off forever.

Sure Buddy. I wasn't the guy threatening women on PMs and emails for a shitfest with tac now was I? What moral high ground you claim is beyond me. Pigs will be flying and whores will be claiming to be virgins for a shot at heaven before your silly, banal, degraded and filthy games are over. You and whatever kangaroo court you represent can try me for whatever imaginary crimes you accuse me of and do your worst. This isn't your forum you bastard. No one appointed you owner and dictator last I checked. You don't own it so don't get off telling me what I can or cannot do. Now cut the crap out or take a hike you farkwit.

Last edited by Batman on Sun 15 Jan 2012, 15:20; edited 1 time in total
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sun 15 Jan 2012, 15:20

why dont you pair of clowns put each other on ignore...
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26212
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 15 Jan 2012, 15:20

Ah, India getting farked over hurts does it.

You have always been a waste of
time and still are.

Did you get a job yet?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next