Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia vs England: Which country is greater?

+18
JGK
spangler
lardbucket
Lara Lara Laughs
Winkle Spinner
JKLever
DJ_Smerk
eowyn
Merlin
*Buckaroo*
Brass Monkey
Chivalry Augustus
Fred Nerk
HH_pink
taipan
tac
Invader Zim
Paul Keating
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Australia vs England: Which country is greater? - Page 3 Empty Re: Australia vs England: Which country is greater?

Post by tac Sat 22 Dec 2007, 02:51

Rob I wrote:Australia: outdoor lifestyle and can-do attitude means better at sport

England: unique self-effacing sense of humour means better at comedy

I like Aussie women. I have to make a big effort to pull British girls but Aussie birds do the pulling for me.

Yes, RobI, you are every Aussie bird's dream man . . . so just keep dreaming.
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Australia vs England: Which country is greater? - Page 3 Empty Re: Australia vs England: Which country is greater?

Post by *Buckaroo* Sat 22 Dec 2007, 04:43

Winkle Spinner wrote:Come to that, I really miss dour. What happened to that? Now we're all either insufferably happy or emotionally incontinent.

eowyn wrote:Don't worry Winkle, dour is alive and well as long as you are. (That's a compliment btw.)

that was when people were forced to eat cold leftovers of last week's rotten meat.

It all changed with curry.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2007, 07:08

tac wrote:

Yeah, I've had some great times with Aussie birds. Good memories.

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sat 22 Dec 2007, 07:25

Rob I wrote:
tac wrote:

Yeah, I've had some great times with Aussie birds. Good memories.

So that's why they call you Chooky.
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2007, 09:17

Is that what the boys call you?

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sat 22 Dec 2007, 09:21

Not your best comeback, Chooky, . . . rather playground TBH.
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sat 22 Dec 2007, 09:24

tac in yet another "let's pick a spat with a Pom coz I've got fark all else to do, I've run out of money and the chicks have anyway" mood.
Rolling Eyes

Be of good cheer tac .... Christmas will soon be over!

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sat 22 Dec 2007, 09:31

Merlin wrote:tac in yet another "let's pick a spat with a Pom coz I've got fark all else to do, I've run out of money and the chicks have anyway" mood.
Rolling Eyes

Be of good cheer tac .... Christmas will soon be over!

Do scientologists celebrate Christmas?
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sat 22 Dec 2007, 09:33

tac in feeble attempt to pick yet another spat.

FFS Go collect some dosh from a hole in the wall and phone those chicks.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sat 22 Dec 2007, 09:34

It's a serious question FFS!
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2007, 09:34

Merlin wrote:tac in feeble attempt to pick yet another spat.

He's The New Zim.

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Sat 22 Dec 2007, 09:40

Get ******, horrie.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2007, 09:47

Like night follows day....

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sat 22 Dec 2007, 10:16

Very Happy Aye.
Right ... bigger hook on line ....
Now Where's that ripple?!

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Mon 24 Dec 2007, 14:23

Paul Keating wrote:I'm currently reading a blog on SMH about young Australians and their obsession with living in London on a work VISA, it has quickly turned into a England vs Australia slanging match about which country is greater.

So here are the main arguments.

Australia: Weather, beaches, lifestyle, food

England: Arts, proximity to the rest of the world, history, culture

Obviously Australians will say Australian and the English will say England, but people, let's get some real balanced opinions as to why your country is better.

A few random thoughts:

There are plenty of English people who do the opposite as well and go to work in Australia for a year.

I don't think the weather in England is bad at all. I think English people like to complain about it but often this is just a way of starting conversations with foreigners. I mean i've lived in places where it is hot and sunny nearly all the time and it often means places are parched and dusty and you feel tired and lethargic in the midday heat. With England you get 4 proper seasons which results in a beautiful lush green landscape. You can go sledging in Winter in the snow and there are some genuinely hot days in summer when you can go to the beach and indulge in the British tradition of seeing how pink your skin can turn.

That said our proximity to the rest of the world isn't great as we have the smelly French on our doorstep.

Is Australia famous for food? I didn't know that. I know they like to bbq everything and i seem to remember that pies were very popular over there. I even had a crocadile pie. It tasted like chicken but not quite as nice. I think the food in Oz and Eng is pretty similar - both countries are very multicultural so you have plenty of cuisines from all over the world - Chinese, Indian, Italian especially. Traditional English food would maybe be your classic Sunday lunch with roast beef and yorkshire pudding, but there is also battered fish and chips and we also invented the sandwich which is surely the greatest food invention of all time. What is traditional Australian food? Apart from the crocodile pie of course...

Because Australia is such a vast country everything feels much more spread out- a typical house is much bigger, land is cheaper, more wide open spaces and due to this and the fact that most of the cities were only founded within the last 250 years all of the cities are very open plan and spaceous compared to England. I remember thinking how clean and fresh everything felt. Whereas an English city is usually a jumble of very old structures and new urban regeneration, but much more compact and darker.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : eng

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 24 Dec 2007, 14:27

Does any of this matter? If you like living in England and feel it's a great country, go for it. Similarly if you fancy the Aussie lifestyle, throw another prawn on the barbie and go hard. I like both countries and enjoyed my time in both . . . yet I live in Japan because the pussy here is tops (but not quite as nice as eowyn).
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 25 Dec 2007, 08:24

Why was this thread necessary? Ever.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3