Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trott quits the tour!

+22
Lara Lara Laughs
horace
G.Wood
tricycle
Blackadder
Henry
PeterCS
beamer
Red
furriner
taipan
Aditya
pinger
Merlin
embee
Nath
Fred Nerk
skully
Neil D
JGK
Brass Monkey
LeFromage
26 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Trott quits the tour! - Page 3 Empty Re: Trott quits the tour!

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:02

embee wrote:I love a good sledge and hard play ...but that was piss poor from Warner

I found it poor, simply because it's not the done thing. England, or most teams, could've called Warner a wafty-techniqued FTB at any point of his career, but it just doesn't happen.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:03

embee wrote:Piss poor from the ICC ...but unless Boof authorised the slagging off ...then CA should have been all over Warner before he left the room ...and if Boof authorised he should be told to ****** off

I love a good sledge and hard play ...but that was piss poor from Warner

Bloody hell MB - we finally agree on sumpthin'!
Don't make this a habit, for Gawd's sake!

However, exactly my sentiments. . . . quite astonishing that Warner got away with it.

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:05

At the end of the day though, it's up to the batsmen to respond - Trott obviously hasn't got it in him at the minute, but he's not alone. My problem is that there will be grumbles from the England camp, but what have they actually done in the three months off to safeguard against such slights? Nothing. They're basically either technically roughshod enough to not cope with the bowling, or they're too f*cking idiotic to stay at the wicket.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:06

Merls

You agree with me ...so its your potential habit to break

embee
embee

Number of posts : 26229
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:07

beamer wrote:Well England just have to give it back, and more. Turn it into the ugliest and most controversial series for 80 years.
I don't think so. They looked like a well beaten team by the end of day two - no fight in them at all.

They've been teetering on the precipice of cold, hard reality for a long time now - the Kevin Pietersen texting nonsense being a handy distraction from just how abject and easily beaten they were against South Africa. The New Zealand tour proved it wasn't an isolated blip - the side was in serious decline, but no-one seemed remotely interested in attempting to address it. Unless you consider appointing Ashley Giles the ODI coach an attempt to improve things. Which you shouldn't.

There was something kind of sad watching Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad trying to replicate Mitchell Johnson's hostility in trying to rough up Michael Clarke with their 80mph dolly drops. Jimmy in particular had nothing in the tank. Even in the first innings. Poor body language. No spark.

So I doubt they'll get into a slanging match. What's the point when you're getting crushed?

This is going to be a rough tour and England will have to take their medicine. It's been coming.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:08

furriner wrote:First, Warner is not to be blamed.  How the phcuk would he know?  He's an ugly little brute, but my sympathies are with him.

Second, I hope Trott recovers quickly.  Come back firing, man.

Whether he knew or not is immaterial. Clearly he had no knowledge of the ailment but it was pisspoor to begin with.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:09

embee wrote:Merls

You agree with me ...so its your potential habit to break

You wish! Wink 

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:10

Well that's why I'm saying they have to find that fight in them. The sort of spell Sreesanth bowled at KP and Colly after the jelly bean incident for example. See if we can goad Warner into actually throwing a punch on the field.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:10

furriner wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:Your sympathies are with him? It was 'apparently' wrong to say such things in the first place, so your sympathies must only be for the f*ckwittery of the man
Settle, and don't blame the player.

I ask again- HTF did you expect Warner to know?
Joining this point of debate, I would be fairly sure he didn't know, since it was clearly (too) well concealed by the England set-up.

I don't think that's the point here, though. I think it's more a case of the resentments of recent Aussie defeats - and internationally diminished status since 2007 - coming home to roost in the behaviour of some of the players.

Clarke no doubt also feels - let's say - personally worked up also about the sort of things Martin Crowe was banging on about: the fury of a scorned captain seeing payback time.

And you don't have to look far to see what Warner is likely to have been harbouring inside his brain, since Pomgolia. The silent grinning, storing up a grudge.  

By the same token, there's the Broad incident (which has its humorous level - see newspaper, for example - but a deadly serious, grudge-inducing side), the untempered brattish mouthiness of some of the England players, notably the bowlers, which Monkehh has often enough picked up on this forum (again, you don't have to be a psychologist to reach the conclusion that this has some vague connection with England's generally world-sliding position since the fiasco in the Arabian desert, despite the fillip in India, and the (only apparently) conclusive result only a couple of months ago!) ... and you have a recipe for explosions.

As has been noted, given the various sorts of needle that arose only four months ago, these two series have been uncomfortably close together. It might also have been better if certain players had been reined in a little more tightly than they have been for their unsportsmanlike conduct (*). See above.

(*) this historic term should please Merls.

But please note: it's not about trying to be angels, or being all nicey-wicey and palsy-walsy, less still about putting out the fires of desire and ambition.

It's about adequate regulation of unacceptably inflammatory behaviour.

Last edited by PeterCS on Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:12; edited 1 time in total
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:11

Turns out Trott's a Spurs fan.

Hope no-one tells him the score from yesterday's game when he lands.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:12

Dello wrote:I don't think so. They looked like a well beaten team by the end of day two - no fight in them at all.

They've been teetering on the precipice of cold, hard reality for a long time now - the Kevin Pietersen texting nonsense being a handy distraction from just how abject and easily beaten they were against South Africa. The New Zealand tour proved it wasn't an isolated blip - the side was in serious decline, but no-one seemed remotely interested in attempting to address it. Unless you consider appointing Ashley Giles the ODI coach an attempt to improve things. Which you shouldn't.

There was something kind of sad watching Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad trying to replicate Mitchell Johnson's hostility in trying to rough up Michael Clarke with their 80mph dolly drops. Jimmy in particular had nothing in the tank. Even in the first innings. Poor body language. No spark.

So I doubt they'll get into a slanging match. What's the point when you're getting crushed?

This is going to be a rough tour and England will have to take their medicine. It's been coming.
Have to agree with all of this. They seemed devoid of any guts and certainly had given up by the 89/6 mark. For this reason, I cannot see us winning any match apart from a dead rubber, which is likely to be in Sydney, if not before. I've seen some depths plumbed by this England side over the last couple of years, but even including the UAE, this has to be the worst.

I dislike people saying the pitch wasn't a belter as we got rolled for under 200 both innings, it was. To not score 400, even in the 2nd innings, was a joke IMO. And it's indicative at the flabbiness of this England batting line-up. Bordering on disgraceful.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:15

embee wrote:Piss poor from the ICC ...but unless Boof authorised the slagging off ...then CA should have been all over Warner before he left the room ...and if Boof authorised he should be told to ****** off

Look mate, cut that out. Boof has NEVER let resentments from on the field get to him.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:18

@Petey - It's no biggie.

I'm all for sledging and (as embee puts it) hard play from both sides. . . but I do not condone personal targeting, abusive, foul and loutish behaviour.

Especially when it's put into the public domain.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:18

Dello wrote:Turns out Trott's a Spurs fan.

Hope no-one tells him the score from yesterday's game when he lands.
Less still add, "But at least England can't lose 6-0 in your absence, eh, Trotty?"
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:20

I personally didn't like Michael Clarke's little press conference stunt when he "announced" England's team. Given that he'd also publicly been critical of Cook's "negative" captaincy, it just felt like it wasn't how a captain should conduct himself, to me.

It's not a big deal and just a minor irritation, but I don't recall too many captains carrying on like that - they're usually pretty respectful of their opposite number.

There were a few vox pops with the Aussie players in the build up where they were asked to comment on Pietersen's 100th cap and, while I wouldn't expect anyone to fawn over him, I was a bit surprised at the tone of the responses (basically, we don't give a shit. F*ck him).

LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:21

Dello, you farkin whingeing Pom.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:22

Meanwhile, Warner's brother shows that classiness runs in the family-

Trott quits the tour! - Page 3 BZ539ekIAAAioR3
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:24

His brother?

Are you sure it's not a wannabee posing as a cross between Tugga, TGM and The Reinventor?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:24

But what does Nathan Lyon's gerbil think?
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:25

Dello wrote:]I don't think so. They looked like a well beaten team by the end of day two - no fight in them at all.

It's been coming.
Yep. . . I agree.
And also, I suspect . . letting the game run away from them on Day 1 , and then later, post lunch Day 2, when 82 fer 2 became 90ish for 6, both played their parts . .

Mentally f**ked after 5 sessions, following which they found it hard to re-group and recover.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:27

I love how Steve Warner has made a name out of being illiterate. Good times.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:29

Merlin wrote:
Dello wrote:]I don't think so. They looked like a well beaten team by the end of day two - no fight in them at all.

It's been coming.
Yep. . . I agree.
And also, I suspect . .  letting the game run away from them on Day 1 , and then later, post lunch Day 2, when 82 fer 2 became 90ish for 6,  both played their parts . .

Mentally f**ked after 5 sessions, following which they found it hard to re-group and recover.
I suspect these days it's a case of them getting into the mindset of saying "oh well, we never play well in the first test, on to the next one" pretty early when a few things go against them.

The second test will show us exactly what this team is made of and how much they want it. Trott has sadly had to leave the tour, the Aussie players and media are mouthing off at them left, right and centre....If they don't come out at Adelaide as determined as they've ever been to prove people wrong, then it's about time a few of them retired.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:29

Brass Monkey wrote:I love how Steve Warner has made a name out of being illiterate. Good times.
He has reinvented language.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:32

Merlin wrote:

It's been coming.
Yep. . . I agree.
And also, I suspect . .  letting the game run away from them on Day 1 , and then later, post lunch Day 2, when 82 fer 2 became 90ish for 6,  both played their parts . .

Still confident of the 1-2 or 3, Merls?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:34

Henry wrote:The second test will show us exactly what this team is made of and how much they want it. Trott has sadly had to leave the tour, the Aussie players and media are mouthing off at them left, right and centre....If they don't come out at Adelaide as determined as they've ever been to prove people wrong, then it's about time a few of them retired.
Exactly. Although if the classless build-up didn't make them angry enough to become more determined, then I don't know what will. Maybe this, but maybe they just don't fancy it at all.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next